What's new

Maoists 'killed' in India operation

Crypto

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Indian police in the north-eastern state of Jharkhand say they have killed 10 Maoist rebels in a major operation.
Eight rebel camps were destroyed during the ongoing offensive in the Borahat jungles of West Singbhum district, officials said.
Six policemen injured in the operation were airlifted to hospital, police said.
Authorities have been under pressure following a wave of Maoist-led violence in recent months.
Last month, more than 145 people were killed when a train crashed in neighbouring West Bengal state after Maoist rebels allegedly sabotaged the rail track.
Increasing attacks
India's state-run broadcaster All India Radio reported that some 2,000 policemen participated against the rebels in the ongoing operation.
Reports say the police had found a number of mines in the rebel camps.
Thousands have died in the rebels' decades-long fight against the state.
Maoist rebels have in recent months stepped up attacks in response to a government push to flush them out of their jungle bases.
Indian forces launched the offensive in what is known as the "red corridor" - a broad swathe of territory in rural eastern and central India where the Maoist rebellion has been gathering strength.
Nearly 50,000 federal paramilitary troops and tens of thousands of policemen are taking part in the operation in several states, including Jharkhand.
In April, 76 paramilitary troops were killed in an ambush - the single biggest attack on the Indian security forces by the rebels.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has described the Maoist insurgency as India's biggest internal security challenge.

BBC News - Maoists 'killed' in India operation

Yes I hear that in news today..10 Maoists were dead in Jharkand during the operation Green Hawk by Police..its an 18 hour long operation..

Just two words: Good Job

Now its time to gain some momentum and keep going. Not one step back. Destroy Maoism in India

Good job
India.gif

Just two words: Good Job

Now its time to gain some momentum and keep going. Not one step back. Destroy Maoism in India

Not one step back...that reminds me of Stalin...Well it seems that sometimes we do need someone with some qualities of Stalin...

Not one step back...that reminds me of Stalin...Well it seems that sometimes we do need someone with some qualities of Stalin...
The qualities that won them WWII or the internal genocide??

only 10 killed. killed at least 1000 naxals per day. and terminate them with in a month.

The qualities that won them WWII or the internal genocide??

"Not one step back" was actually the order number 227 issued by Soviet High command,signed by Joseph Stalin in relation to the battle for Stalingrad during World War II.Its is from this point that the Soviets started saying 'NO' to loosing/falling back.
The statement has got nothing to do with the post war genocide that followed..
Thats why I specifically said we need someone with some qualities of Stalin,not the bad ones...I hope that answers the question.

For further reading,for those who are interested.....

Not One Step Back - Order 227

Back
Top Bottom