What's new

Man with 4 wives 19 children commits suicide

Khuda ke raza, something like this..

It's almost impossible to convince one for contraception in our part of the word, they think it's blasphemy. A lady straight away declared me a foreign agent a year ago for explaining her the advantages of contraception.

How to do you convince such people? Talk to local councils,clerics and spread awareness on a mass level or talk to them on personal basis?

How to do you convince such people? Talk to local councils,clerics and spread awareness on a mass level or talk to them on personal basis?

My counseling is limited, I only counsel people who come to hospital for treatment. Although women health is not my forte but still I don't miss any chance to counsel people about contraception and vaccination (EPI).

My counseling is limited, I only counsel people who come to hospital for treatment. Although women health is not my forte but still I don't miss any chance to counsel people about contraception and vaccination (EPI).

Even vaccination is a problem here among certain sections, they would consider it blasphemous, a Govt. conspiracy to make the child impotent in future, or blame vaccination for any disease that might happen in future, our health workers face tremendous challenges while administering vaccination programs like polio, there are cases where health workers were chased out or beaten up by villagers.

Even vaccination is a problem here among certain sections, they would consider it blasphemous, a Govt. conspiracy to make the child impotent in future, or blame vaccination for any disease that might happen in future, our health workers face tremendous challenges while administering vaccination programs like polio, there are cases where health workers were chased out or beaten up by villagers.

Exactly people cite the very same reason and deny vaccination here in Pakistan, many don't use iodized salt for same reasons .But things are improving but still a long way to go.

What can govt. do?
If they start regulating madarsas the "seculars" start crying. - The "seculars" have managed to exempt Madarsas from Right to Education because they are minority institutiion
If they start family planning the "seculars" start crying
When BJP says to implement Uniform Civil Code which will make all this 4 wife nonsense illegal the "seculars" and Pakistani start crying for minority rights
The "Seculars" actually encourage this hum 5 hamare 25 because these 25 will become the future vote bank

It is the Muslim community who has to look into its own hearts and say "We will get out of this regressive thinking and make our community a part of the modern world with other mainstream Indians."

WHY HINDU farmers with SINGLE wife and "few" children (if they actually have few), commit suicide enmass in India??

WHY HINDU farmers with SINGLE wife and "few" children (if they actually have few), commit suicide enmass in India??
because of the poverty.....but they are not in masses....
poor farmers don't have much land or money, many work on others farm as labors......so, when one or two continuous season take a monsoon hit....they have not much option left.....

one thing more.....monsoon doesn't differentiate between a muslim and a hindu....and take equal toll on all.....

Last edited:
Majority through Numbers..! Heard from my Muslim friend that local Imam's used to tell this, though educated people rarely follow them. But the less educated Muslims? Fall for it.

Well Farmers committing suicide is not limited to one community in India. It is shamefull that a farmer have to commit suicide, but dont troll by posting something unrelated to topic.

because of the poverty.....but they are not in masses....
poor farmers don't have much land or money, many work on others farm as labors......so, when one or two continuous season take a monsoon hit....they have not much option left.....

one thing more.....monsoon doesn't differentiate between a muslim and a hindu....and take equal toll on all.....

:P so Hindu farmers with just SINGLE wife and few kids are as dirt poor as this Muslim man with 4 wives

these ignorant people believe that somebody else will provide for their families. For them women are baby producing factories.

I remember a quote from a great man "Hum Paanch Hamare Pachees"

The Telegraph - Calcutta : Nation

Modi’s merry men
- Gujarat MLAs thumb nose at marriage law, stash away more than one wife
23paanch.jpg
Babubhai Katara isn’t the only Gujarat lawmaker to hand his wife’s passport to another woman. But his peers are smarter: they have made that passport “official”.

Some 30-odd MLAs in the state’s 182-member Assembly are believed to have more than one wife. And three, including a minister, are brazen enough to have declared it in their profiles on the Who’s Who published by the House secretariat. (See pictures below)

The joke is on chief minister Narendra Modi, who had a few years ago alleged widespread polygamy among Muslims with the taunt: “Hum paanch, hamare pachchis(the five of us and our 25 children).”

Gujarat’s polygamous MLAs are all Hindus, and many are from Modi’s own party, the BJP.

Water supplies minister Harijivanbhai Patel, 64, and fellow BJP member Madhu Srivastava, 54, mention their two wives in the Who’s Who. So does Hemaji Darghaji Rajput, Congress MLA from Vav in Banaskantha.

They are obviously bolder than the rest — both Srivastava and Rajput mention horse-riding as their hobbies. Madhu Bhoye, Congress MLA from Dangs, could have written “marrying” under that head — he has five wives.

The Konani tribal, however, has chosen discretion over daring, at least in official publications. Contacted, he defended himself, saying: “To have more than one wife is an accepted practice among tribals. We treat our wives as equal.”

Most of the polygamous MLAs are indeed tribals from south Gujarat. The school records of their children mention different mothers but the same father.

“Yes, our culture allows us to have more than one wife,” said former BJP MLA Rajnikant Rajwadi, himself a polygamous tribal from the region. Tradition or not, the practice is illegal, confirmed high court advocate Bhushan Oza.

Minister Harijivanbhai, who is from Banaskantha, forwarded the other common excuse: “My first wife had failed to conceive even 20 years after marriage. She allowed me to marry again. I now have a son and two daughters.”

Srivastava, who is not a tribal, had his own explanation.

“When I was young and reckless, I fell in love with a tribal girl and married her. I was 25. My family — we are from Jhansi in Uttar Pradesh — saw red. They said if I didn’t take a wife from my own community, my younger sister would have to remain unmarried,” said the MLA, who made headlines a few years ago when he was accused of bribing key Best Bakery witness Zahira Sheikh to turn hostile.

“I took my first wife and her parents into confidence, and they allowed me to marry again.”

With the wives unwilling to complain, the law is helpless to act. “We have no business commenting on elected representatives’ marital status. I am not saying anything,” said P.C. Thakur, Vadodara police commissioner.

State law minister Ashok Bhatt refused to comment, saying: “It’s entirely a personal matter.”

The state government wouldn’t like the issue raked up, especially in an election year. Such a controversy would also dilute the ruling BJP’s campaign against the alleged polygamy among Muslims.

“I didn’t know so many of our MLAs have more than one wife,” said Ila Pathak, who heads the Ahmedabad Women’s Action Group, an NGO.

“It’s ironical. If you have more than two children, you aren’t allowed to contest civic and panchayat elections in Gujarat. But it seems you can be an MLA no matter how many wives you have.”

She plans to take the matter up with the Election Commission.

State poll commission officials, who asked not to be named, said they didn’t know of any rules to disqualify polygamous lawmakers. They added that the nomination papers ask candidates to declare their wives’ assets, too, but none had mentioned more than one wife.

There is, however, one instance of an MLA being nailed for polygamy. Former chief minister Amarsinh Chaudhary, who died three years ago, was prosecuted by his first wife Gajaraben in 1998 when he was leader of the Opposition.

Chaudhary, a tribal from Vyara in Surat, had argued that he had never legally married Gajaraben. Finally, he reached an out-of-court settlement with her just before the marriage of his son Tushar Chaudhary, now the MP from Mandvi, Surat.

The Congress women’s cell doesn’t see polygamy as an issue. “No such thing exists,” said its general secretary, Mayaben Dave. But Jayshree Patel, president of the BJP women’s wing, called the practice shameful.

“It’s time the political parties did something about it,” she said. “Polygamous MLAs shouldn’t be renominated. We’ll make sure they become politically untouchable.”

That could be a tad difficult. Although the scandal is an open secret, the MLAs are quick to set aside political differences and unite at any hint of an attempt to raise the issue.

Sometime last year, after Uttar Pradesh leader Mayavati expelled an MP from her Bahujan Samaj Party for an alleged extramarital affair, a Gujarat MLA, Bharat Pandya, had written a tongue-in-cheek letter to law minister Ashok Bhatt. The letter asked if the government was contemplating any such action against Gujarat’s polygamous MLAs.

Pandya was clearly joking. But many of the lawmakers were scared enough to jointly approach him and ask him to let sleeping dogs lie.

23zzmodi.jpg

In India its Hindus who are found to be more in number who marry more than one (illegally). Especially in Gujarat.

I can list many leaders whom i know currently.

1. Kumara Swami (CM, Karnataka)
2. Karunanidhi
3. Ram Jetmalani (I as i remember, correct me if i am wrong)
4. Many modis own men
5. Dharmendra. BJP

many more politicians.

Well Farmers committing suicide is not limited to one community in India. It is shamefull that a farmer have to commit suicide, but dont troll by posting something unrelated to topic.

FIRST OF ALL this thread is a TROLL One itself when your Hindu Indian put the tag "MUSLIM MAN with 4 wives"

The question if he was poor because of that then why HINDU farmers with SINGLE wife are poorer and commit suicide every now and then in India.

Get your own acts right and then speak about others.

:P so Hindu farmers with just SINGLE wife and few kids are as dirt poor as this Muslim man with 4 wives
he was from gahziabad near delhi....and must be working somewhere....
where as farmers are poor......
but still...in current scenario....ek bewi sabhalne me logo ki jaan nikal jati hai to...ye to 4-4 thi aur usske 19 bacche...:D:D
aaj ke zamane me bahut mushkil hai.....:P

FIRST OF ALL this thread is a TROLL One itself when your Hindu Indian put the tag "MUSLIM MAN with 4 wives"
lady u support 4 wife....:o::o::o:

Last edited:
Exactly people cite the very same reason and deny vaccination here in Pakistan, many don't use iodized salt for same reasons .But things are improving but still a long way to go.

A very long way sir,

we have to counter many hindrances . . .

# lack of education

# religious believes ( biggest hindrance )

# financial status

those who are already Libelled in this vicious circle are hard to pull back . . . may be the coming generation will have a better thought process.

till then we can just wait and see things going bad :(

A very long way sir,

we have to counter many hindrances . . .

# lack of education

# religious believes ( biggest hindrance )

# financial status

those who are already Libelled in this vicious circle are hard to pull back . . . may be the coming generation will have a better thought process.

till then we can just wait and see things going bad :(

Educated people and upper class people arrange multiple marriage more...Atleast in gujarat.. They try to make it legal by calling "Maitri Karar" or "Service agremments" (Dont remember exact word)...

In western country also its common, they marry and later will have relationship with many women (They make aagreement for livin) they dont call it marriage but they do every thing like they do with wife...except there is no right for her after his death!

Maitri Karal is not legal now i think, but still many people do as i heard...

Back
Top Bottom