What's new

Making Israelis into Monsters

Solomon2

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
United States
For some of Halamish’s settlers, irritated by the tear-gas that wafts into their living rooms from across the hill, this is not harsh enough. “The soldiers don’t maim enough Palestinians,” complains Iran Segal.

...I sent him the paragraph in question...Mr. Segal responded that he only talked to the reporter about how the Friday stonethrowing–note, not the tear-gas (fired by Israeli soldiers) but the stones thrown at him by Palestinians–makes life impossible. He explained to the journalist that stones can kill.

The only thing he said about what the army should do was that if it had taken the problem more seriously in the past that the stone-throwing would have stopped.

I believe Mr. Segal, who seemed genuinely shocked by the statement attributed to him. Note how his complaint about being a victim (stones thrown to injure and perhaps kill him) was changed into making him seem a bloodthirsty aggressor (wanting to maim harmless little kids who had done him no harm at all)...

Which Pakistanis here are willing to step forward and denounce The Economist for its distortions as opposed to those Pakistanis who are willing, by their silence, to condone it?

And if you don't stand up for the Israelis - which costs you nothing since their enemies are far away and unlikely to injure you - how do you think you will ever stand up to corruption in Pakistan?

For some of Halamish’s settlers, irritated by the tear-gas that wafts into their living rooms from across the hill, this is not harsh enough. “The soldiers don’t maim enough Palestinians,” complains Iran Segal.

...I sent him the paragraph in question...Mr. Segal responded that he only talked to the reporter about how the Friday stonethrowing–note, not the tear-gas (fired by Israeli soldiers) but the stones thrown at him by Palestinians–makes life impossible. He explained to the journalist that stones can kill.

The only thing he said about what the army should do was that if it had taken the problem more seriously in the past that the stone-throwing would have stopped.

I believe Mr. Segal, who seemed genuinely shocked by the statement attributed to him. Note how his complaint about being a victim (stones thrown to injure and perhaps kill him) was changed into making him seem a bloodthirsty aggressor (wanting to maim harmless little kids who had done him no harm at all)...

Which Pakistanis here are willing to step forward and denounce The Economist for its distortions as opposed to those Pakistanis who are willing, by their silence, to condone it?

And if you don't stand up for the Israelis - which costs you nothing since their enemies are far away and unlikely to injure you - how do you think you will ever stand up to corruption in Pakistan?

You don't stand up for a 21st century Nazi Germany, you stand up for those whose homeland has been robbed by these neo-nazis.

i remember pictjres lf israelis in holiday dress stood on hills and tall buildings with binoculars and watching bombs being dropped on palestinians as kf watching a football match and even cheering when they saw buildings catching fire.
is this not being blood thirsty?

i remember pictjres lf israelis in holiday dress stood on hills and tall buildings with binoculars and watching bombs being dropped on palestinians as kf watching a football match and even cheering when they saw buildings catching fire.
is this not being blood thirsty?

is it not the same as Arabs/Muslims rejoicing killing of innocent Israelis when Hamas uses rockets on civilian areas.?

I am pretty sure Israelis will also accuse u of similar things.

is it not the same as Arabs/Muslims rejoicing killing of innocent Israelis when Hamas uses rockets on civilian areas.?

Newtons third law of motion my friend, every action has an equal and opposite reaction, although the action by israeli was large, the reaction was there, albeit not equal but surely opposite.

comparing kitusha fire crackers which barely scar the road......to a full fledged army attack throwing phosphorous bombs on civilians ....?

while palestinians may rejoice that their medieval rocket made it to an israeli road..
israelis in makeup and picnic bags enjoy palestinian cities being annihilated.
now thats being blood thirsty.

evidence is all.over the news archives.
i am on mobile or i had posted videos to prove my point

evidence is all.over the news archives.
i am on mobile or i had posted videos to prove my point

Are u saying Hamas is not barbaric? Do u want me to post videos/pics of dead Israeli kids whose only fault was playing outside their homes.
So lets not get into this "my crime is smaller than ur crime".

The outrage all over the world against Israel is that being a responsible democracy, it is expected of them to behave in civility and not show the same level of barbarity as Hamas does.
But truly no one can understand what common Israelis go through since none of the liberals in US/Europe live in the terror of being exterminated.
Same is the case with Palestinians, no one can understand the pain and terror they experience daily.

And the outrage i see from Muslims(non-Palestinians) has more to do with Palestinians being Muslims and less to do with the horrors they are facing daily.I am pretty sure if Palestinians were not Muslims we would not have seen such kind of hatred from Muslims towards Israelis.If u were, u would have felt the pain of Palestinians because they are human and not because they are Muslims, we would have seen your outrage when Janjaweed was committing one of the worst genocides in human history on Christian Sudanese. But we did not. So until Muslims all over the world stop seeing the Israel - Palestine problem from their green-colored glasses, their will be no solution to this issue. And guess who will suffer the most.Palestinians.

Are u saying Hamas is not barbaric? Do u want me to post videos/pics of dead Israeli kids whose only fault was playing outside their homes.
So lets not get into this "my crime is smaller than ur crime".

The outrage all over the world against Israel is that being a responsible democracy, it is expected of them to behave in civility and not show the same level of barbarity as Hamas does.
But truly no one can understand what common Israelis go through since none of the liberals in US/Europe live in the terror of being exterminated.
Same is the case with Palestinians, no one can understand the pain and terror they experience daily.

And the outrage i see from Muslims(non-Palestinians) has more to do with Palestinians being Muslims and less to do with the horrors they are facing daily.I am pretty sure if Palestinians were not Muslims we would not have seen such kind of hatred from Muslims towards Israelis.If u were felt the pain of Palestinians because they are human and not because they are Muslims, we would have seen your outrage when Janjaweed was committing one of the worst genocides in human history on Christian Sudanese. But we did not. So until Muslims all over the world stop seeing the Israel - Palestine problem from their green-colored glasses, their will be no solution to this issue. And guess who will suffer the most.Palestinians.

What the Palestinians do is the natural response to the illegal occupation of their homeland, on the other hand, what the israelis do is to continue their illegal occupation. So, after considering this fact do you still want to say that what the israelis are doing is not barbaric?

What the Palestinians do is the natural response to the illegal occupation of their homeland, on the other hand, what the israelis do is to continue their illegal occupation.

My point is who decides the victim and the Occupier here. Because the usual debate on who was here first wont work. Palestinians claim that they have lived in these lands before the Israelis came and so they are victims and Israelis claim that these lands belong to Jews and so they are the actual victims. Unless there is scientific proof which will clear that the present day Palestinians are descendants of israelis from the era of Moses, these claims will be considered nothing but emotional rants by the opposition and will only increase the rant from their side.

And if we decide to ignore the historical data and that it does not matter who the land belonged to 1000 of yrs ago but to whom the land belonged in 1948. Then the similar claim will be made by Israelis to ignore to whom the land belonged in 1948 and since they have lived here for the last 60 yrs these land belongs to them and Palestinians should accept that.

So, after considering this fact do you still want to say that what the israelis are doing is not barbaric?

Again i want to say this is not what you and i(non-palestinian and non-israeli) think, but what they(palestinian and israeli) think
If u want to find a solution to this issue, then the best approach is not to see this issue as who is the victim and who is occupier but try to find a solution which will be acceptable to both sides. That will only happen when we shame both the sides on the barbarity they are causing on each other.

So far the Pakistanis are batting zero.

the trouble is that you cant argue with people who are permanently in denial mode...no matter what we say with whatever logic and evidence.they are gona deny...
so eventually it becomes a waste of time.

What the Israelis should do is stop settling on the Palestinenan land..as simple as that!

What the Israelis should do is stop settling on the Palestinenan land..as simple as that!

Just think about your own home before talking about others

I am sure you are not interested in recent riots in China cause its their internal matter ????

Back
Top Bottom