Leader

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
3-16-2013_139917_1.gif

now thats something to cheer about...

P.S.

he got a nice smile... may you prosper brother and remember the world is not rich enough to buy an honest man !!

conrgts !!

Its a shame upon us, how they have to write "masih" as a name suffix. Who makes these laws?

Its a shame upon us, how they have to write "masih" as a name suffix. Who makes these laws?

Sir do you have objection in writing Masih as part of their name?

Indeed a great honour for the gentleman and must be source for inspiration for others irrespective of religion.

Congrats Mr Masih I hope you will not forget your past while sitting on chair of judgement and dispose off justice on merit without taking care of social status.

Well I think it should be an honor rather than any disgrace. Should we be disgraced if someone call us Muslim. I guess NO.

Why are they made to display their faith as part of their name ?. Imagine you were made to right Muslim in front of your name in Sweden.

Why are they made to display their faith as part of their name ?. Imagine you were made to right Muslim in front of your name in Sweden.

Sir there is no bar on me and you to write our names as Aeronaut Masih or Ali Baz Masih, believe me we would still be as good or bad Muslims as we are now. Imagine some one asks Muslims to remove Muhammad as part of their name. Sir its love for their prophet and we also love Essa (AS).

its not a law but one of the typically backwardish culture of subcontinent just like many muslims ended up with Surname of Mohammed many Christians ended up with Masih!

its not a law but one of the typically backwardish culture of subcontinent just like many muslims ended up with Surname of Mohammed many Christians ended up with Masih!

Almost everytime i read a christian name in the end, it had Masih at the end.

No they are not 'made' to do this...
When British mishionaries converted local hindus and some muslima to christianity during the colonial era,it was their advice for new converts to show off their christian faith by calling themselvex 'masih' so that they could be told apart from local hindu,muslim and sikh populations.
Its a tradition that still lingers on.
I may point out that there is a sizeable population of Pushtoon christians in Mardan and they dont use the word masih with their names...

and I wont have any problem with that. I feel proud for being called Muslim. :)

Even today the American evangelican church is actively preaching and converting muslims to christianity from a less known corner of Pakistan ,the Bach christian missionary hospital in Qalandarabad Mansehra.....
I have posted pics and details somewhere on PDF-
They send missionaries all over hazara division and new converts either change their name to a christian name or if they keep traditional muslim,local names,they add the word 'masih' to show that they are christians.

3-16-2013_139917_1.gif

now thats something to cheer about...

P.S.

he got a nice smile... may you prosper brother and remember the world is not rich enough to buy an honest man !!

conrgts !!

This is a great story that shows that hard work is still rewarded in Pakistan. Mr. Masih and his family are to be congratulated, surely.

This is a great step and hopefully it will be one of many steps towards ensuring minorities are given equal rights. Cornelius by the was also a Christian and so was Peter Christy... Christians have sacrificed much for this land and their sacrifices should really be recognized today.

Never heard masih in India. Some keep their names same as hindu name(say pranab mukharjee) and some keep their surname while changing only name to 'michael' or something (like say michael mukharjee) but most of them have names like 'AK Antony' or 'george fernandes'.

Back
Top Bottom