What's new

Korea donates $200,000 for quake victims

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: Republic of Korea on Wednesday donated a cheque of $200,000 to Pakistan Red Crescent Society (PRCS) for the Balochistan earthquake victims.

The donation cheque was handed over by Republic of Korea Ambassador Dr Song Jong-Hwan to PRCS Chairman Major General (r) Nawaz Khan at the PRCS National Headquarters.

Speaking on the occasion, the Korean ambassador said the Korean government and people stand with their Pakistan people in this hour of need. He said the donation is a token of love from the Korean nation to Pakistani people who are badly hit by the earthquake. He said that Pakistan and Korea enjoy long lasting economic and friendly relations. The ambassador appreciated the efforts of the Red Crescent for the quake victims.

General Nawaz thanked the Korean ambassador for the generous support and hoped that the donation would help in alleviating the sufferings of the victims.

“The help reflects that the Korean nation stands with the Pakistani brethrens in this critical time,” he added.

He told the ambassador that as the quake hit the area, the PRCS immediately dispatched non-food items to support 7,000 Balochistan earthquake victims while health teams were also sent along with life-saving medicines in the affected areas.

“We were the first to reach the affected areas.”

The non-food items include family tent, blanket, tarpaulin sheet, stove, kitchen set, hurricane lamp, mosquito net, CGI Sheet, shelter tool kit, Jerry Cane and hygiene kit
The PRCS chairman said that keeping in view magnitude of the disaster, PRCS has decided to double the support and it will help 14,000 victims.

He said that PRCS will continue supporting the victims and more relief in terms of household and health will be provided on need basis.

He said that PRCS stands with victims of the earthquake and will stay in the area until their rehabilitation.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Thank you Korea, I knew there was I reason why I liked you better than the north.

Instead of money they should help them rebuild their homes and provide facilities like water and severage along with Solar or alternative electricity...

Back
Top Bottom