What's new

Knocked out in bar fight, man wakes up as a genius

Star Wars

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Brain Injury That Turned Jason Padgett Into Math Genius Suggests Dormant Skills May Be Common

In 2002, two men savagely attacked Jason Padgett outside a karaoke bar, leaving him with a severe concussion and post-traumatic stress disorder. But the incident also turned Padgett into a mathematical genius who sees the world through the lens of geometry. Padgett, a furniture salesman from Tacoma, Washington, who had very little interest in academics, developed the ability to visualize complex mathematical objects and physics concepts intuitively. The injury, while devastating, seems to have unlocked part of his brain that makes everything in his world appear to have a mathematical structure. Now, researchers have figured out which parts of the man's brain were rejiggered to allow for such savant skills, and the findings suggest such skills may lie dormant in all human brains. f

ok5369f510.jpg

Soon after the attack, Padgett suffered from PTSD and debilitating social anxiety. But at the same time, he noticed that everything looked different. He describes his vision as "discrete picture frames with a line connecting them, but still at real speed." If you think of vision as the brain taking pictures all the time and smoothing them into a video, it's as though Padgett sees the frames without the smoothing. In addition, "everything has a pixilated look," he said. -
bh5369f657.jpg

In another study, that when neurons die, they release brain-signaling chemicals that can increase brain activity in surrounding areas. The increased activity usually fades over time, but sometimes it results in structural changes that can cause brain-activity modifications to persist -

----------------------------

May i kindly request someone to beat the shit out of myself :hitwall:

May i kindly request someone to beat the shit out of myself
[/quote
I accept your offer but first you have to come to my place and sign a no liability contract, after that you have to decide how many bones you want broken or how many concussions you want.....:angel:

The same thing happened to me. When I was in secondary school, I refused to study and messed around for awhile. My father gave me a whack on the back of my head and I became an A grade student :D

Oh Well we all got that medicine in our school days:enjoy:

Back
Top Bottom