What's new

Khaleda not happy with Hefajat programmes

BanglaBhoot

RETIRED TTA
Reaction score
Country
France
BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia last night expressed her displeasure with those leaders of the 18-party alliance involved in Hefajat-e Islam movement for not coming up with tougher programmes to realise the Islamists’ demands.
Leaders of the alliance at a meeting decided to enforce a two-day non-stop hartal from April 9 if the detained BNP leaders were not granted bail by today.
Chaired by Khaleda at her Gulshan office, the meeting decided to suspend the BNP-led alliance’s earlier announced April 10 rally in the capital aimed at ousting the government, Shawkat Hosain Nilu, chief of a component of the alliance National Peoples Party, told The Daily Star.
The BNP chief asked Islami Oikya Jote Chairman Abdul Latif Nejami and leaders of Khelafat Majlish and Nejame Islami Party why Hefajat-e Islam did not announce tougher programmes including two or three-day hartal from its rally at Motijheel in the capital yesterday.
She also asked them why they the Hefajat programme was not turned into a sit-in for several days, though its field level leaders demanded so, a top leader of the alliance told this correspondent.
Wishing anonymity, he said, “They [alliance leaders] had information that the grassroots level activists of Hefajat wanted continuing the Shalpa Chatter programme. But its ameer did not agree to it.”
Earlier, at a meeting of BNP standing committee, Khaleda came down heavily on its members for the same reason, said meeting sources.

Khaleda not happy with Hefajat programmes | The Daily Star

Daily star afraid of its anti Islam standing looking for any straw against Hefazat or against Islamic bloc. Yes, Hefazat could have been more forcefull and we may know later why they choose to go for gradual steps. Daily Star, Prothom Alo and anti Islam and anti Muslim bloc is and will run their propaganda and speculation to cover their minority secular imposition over majority Muslims.

HeI's main objective is to abolish secularism from the constitution and these guys are not going to sit still until this demand is met at least. Awami League is under great pressure for this. I take this article with a pinch of salt, no direct quotes by KZ and its from the daily star.

A 7 day day sit in by HeI was not possible, the guys that are for this come from far away (many), these guys pray 5 times a day and most maintain a white outfit. Its not practical a situation to have a long sit in like the 'tissue' public at shahbag. Its a matter of time that this government falls.
@MBI Munshi, BNP does not hold the ability to bring in lakhs and lakhs of people, jamaat is their firepower and any sort of BNP program is dealt with an iron fist by the government. and what has India got to do with this? it is a matter of time that this government falls, the question is if and how can BNP use this current situation in their favor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Khaleda Zia is laughing her head off. BNP is disunited and castrated. Hefazat guys are apolitical but their demands line up with BNP. Hefazat has just given BNP breathing room and impetus. BAL tried to be so cleaver that they have become entangled in their own scheme. KZ can't believe her luck, from a position of strength BAL has grabbed complete moral, religious and popular illegitimacy.

The question is why should the BNP expect the Hefezat-e-Islam to do their job for the?. Why cannot the BNP bring out lakhs and lahks of people? Why is the BNP still so afraid to offend India?

Exactly my point Mushi bahi, I was going to say the same. BNP leaders around KZ should not look into others to do their job. Instead they should coordinate with other partners and come up with unified stand and programs. At least that much expected of them.

Khaleda Zia is laughing her head off. BNP is disunited and castrated. Hefazat guys are apolitical but their demands line up with BNP. Hefazat has just given BNP breathing room and impetus. BAL tried to be so cleaver that they have become entangled in their own scheme. KZ can't believe her luck, from a position of strength BAL has grabbed complete moral, religious and popular illegitimacy.

:lol:exactly all bnp needs to do is be careful, support hefazat and make sure the movement does not get hijacked.

Khaleda Zia must not mess up this one great chance and moment Allah (SWT) has given us. This is not the time to blame HeI, because HeI is not her political weapon. HeI has come to act, because they feel Islam is under attack and they have justified reasons for their belief. What KZ and BNP need to do is coordinate with them, work with them and provide all the help they need, so HeI, this great non-political group, which seems to have tremendous popularity, finish its job of putting the ant-Islam political party AL out of power for good. This fight is not a BNP vs. AL fight. This fight is for Islam and against anti-Islam groups and political parties and removing them from govt. seat of power. This is going to be a long fight. The end result will have to be a free and fair election where no Muslim vote for anti-Islam Awami League led alliance. If any Muslim vote for this anti-Islam party led alliance, then they will have to answer for it not just in this life but their after life as well.

It is not about religion but is being made so.

I am sure BD people will reject this useless linkage.

It is not about religion but is being made so.

I am sure BD people will reject this useless linkage.

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.
- Abraham Lincoln

Unfortunately Indians like the poster above still do not get it, even after millions of people are on the streets.

Fortunately for us, Bangladeshi's have woken up.

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.
- Abraham Lincoln

Unfortunately Indians like the poster above still do not get it, even after millions of people are on the streets.

Fortunately for us, Bangladeshi's have woken up.

I agree.

Not sure it is fortunate for you though. ;)

Khaleda Zia must not mess up this one great chance and moment Allah (SWT) has given us. This is not the time to blame HeI, because HeI is not her political weapon. HeI has come to act, because they feel Islam is under attack and they have justified reasons for their belief. What KZ and BNP need to do is coordinate with them, work with them and provide all the help they need, so HeI, this great non-political group, which seems to have tremendous popularity, finish its job of putting the ant-Islam political party AL out of power for good. This fight is not a BNP vs. AL fight. This fight is for Islam and against anti-Islam groups and political parties and removing them from govt. seat of power. This is going to be a long fight. The end result will have to be a free and fair election where no Muslim vote for anti-Islam Awami League led alliance. If any Muslim vote for this anti-Islam party led alliance, then they will have to answer for it not just in this life but their after life as well.

General strike on 8th, 9th and 10th April called by Hefazat and 18 party alliance. I see a plan here. I would not fall for Awami murtid news outlet like daily star. :coffee:

@MBI Munshi

Is it really true that BNP intended to make Hawa Bhaban as an alternative during the previous BNP/Jamaat rule? As far as I can see, The Daily Star is the only media source that claimed this.
BNP Senior Vice-Chairman Tarique Rahman is set to meet this week in Saudi Arabia some individuals closely linked to the Hawa Bhaban, which was considered an alternative centre of power during the last BNP-Jamaat-rule, sources said.
Hawa Bhaban men to meet in S Arabia | The Daily Star

By the way, Daily Star is now becoming increasingly anti-BNP :devil:

Last edited by a moderator:
I second that.

It doesn't make any sense to make Hawa Bhaban as an alternative when BNP/Jamaat were already in power.

Maybe I'm ignorant, but I first heard of Hawa Bhaban back a few days ago :lol:

Never heard of it back in the BNP/Jamaat days, nor was there any major issue in replacing Jamaat with another party as far as I can remember.

And what's more, Daily Star is the only media source that is reporting these kind of "news".

Tarek simply went to Saudi Arabia to perform Ummrah and perhaps meet up with his associates living there. Why is Daily Star making so much hot air out of such petty things???

Back
Top Bottom