What's new

Karachi Slum Girl Going to Harvard Business School

She is setting an example that if you work hard you can change ur life regardless of which eva background one comes from and am sure more will take inspiration from her... good going :pakistan:

Whats the connection between the girl getting a scholarship and rising middle class? :cheesy:

Gluk to her.

You see that but I see one talented leaving her mother land to serve Yanks for the rest of her life. :tdown:

There is a misconception... if you read it carefully it says summer exchange program..... which means she will just spent few months there and then will be back..... and most of the people getting scholarship under USEF has to come back once getting there degree to serve here.

Awesome Stuff. People like her make not only Pakistanis proud but also Indians. People like her are the best in the region.

Whats the connection between the girl getting a scholarship and rising middle class? :cheesy:

Gluk to her.

I guess it's too hard for you to understand that education is the ticket for the poor slum dwellers to move up to the middle class.

There are many benefits of rural to urban migration for migrants' lives, including reduction in abject poverty, empowerment of women, increased access to healthcare and education and other services. Historically, cities have been driving forces in economic and social development. As centers of industry and commerce, cities have long been centers of wealth and power. They also account for a disproportionate share of national income. The World Bank estimates that in the developing world, as much as 80 percent of future economic growth will occur in towns and cities. Nor are the benefits of urbanization solely economic. Urbanization is associated with higher incomes, improved health, higher literacy, and improved quality of life. Other benefits of urban life are less tangible but no less real: access to information, diversity, creativity, and innovation.

Haq's Musings: Do South Asian Slums Offer Hope?

I love good stories like this, hopefully she will be able to put her new found knowledge to good use.

You see that but I see one talented leaving her mother land to serve Yanks for the rest of her life. :tdown:

lol coming from a guy who is in Canada for study purpose after leaving his mother land india :D

how you link gaining education at world best rated business school with serving yanks forever :what:

Abdul salam, DR abudul Qadir, Quaid e azam, Iqbal , Abdul kalam nehru etc did the same

CBM is partnered with harvard? never heard of that before

Back
Top Bottom