What's new

JF-17X- A Pakistani Stealth Fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
heres the only thing i could find on this YFC-1E

and we need some chineese guys up in here to translate this page :S

¾ªÎÅ£¡½â·Å¾ü½«×°±¸ÒþÉí°æYFC-1E¡°èÉÁú¡±Õ½»ú£¡-¾üÊÂ-CHNÇ¿¹úÍø

its probably a dud but eh atleast its somehow related to this thread

With a WS-10 or WS-10A version of Chinese Engine, it wouldn't be hard to see such designed aircraft or a larger version of the JF-17 shape. And the design isn't out of ordinary, normal conventional design just like the ones we see of F-22 or F-35. Its not 100% look alike, but seems to have got impressed by the F-22 & F-35 designs.

some times i feel that its easy to make a stealth aircraft....all you have todo is get a normal fighter then put a -X to its name...and you might have a 6th gen fighter

well if you are familiar with aviation X planes refer to designs which are either under development or are under development and are thus undesignated, or aircrafts developed to test a specific technologies. Its not with China only...Germany UK US and Russia.....All have been developing X planes since WWII

Isnt it lovely to see China getting "impressed".Well in India we call it copying.

Learn what is the difference between impressed and copying in this discussions context and then come back and post.

Typical Indian mindset.

Hi to all here is the english translation of this page which you mention

Shocked! People's Liberation Army will be equipped with stealth version of YFC-1E "Fierce Dragon" fighter!
2009-05-29 12:39:26 Source: CDC National Prosperity Forum Text Size: Big Medium Small
Xiaolong fighter in the original, based on the success of the new self-developed stealth-based multi-YFC-1E single-and double vertical tail "Fierce Dragon" fighter.

A few days ago, according to China Aviation Industry Corporation I, the Chengdu Aircraft Research Institute authoritative source: Chengdu Aircraft Industrial Group, the global market according to sales prospects Xiaolong own Xiaolong fighters and our military should be differentiated principle.

Xiaolong fighter in the original, based on the success of the new self-developed stealth-based multi-YFC-1E single-and double vertical tail "Fierce Dragon" fighter.

According to international and domestic market demand for independent research and development of advanced stealth light utility YFC-1E "Fierce Dragon" fighter. Able to adapt to the 21st century operational environment characteristics, fully able to meet the fourth generation of the new People's Liberation Army aviation weapons and equipment with the level of development needs.

Stealth-type YFC-1E Xiaolong fighter 3 views

YFC-1E Xiaolong fighter key data:

A wingspan of 9.18 meters

Captain of 15.16 meters

Machine 4.65 meters high

Main Track 2.71 meters

Track 5.12 meters before the main

Normal takeoff weight of 10,000 kilograms

Maximum take-off weight of 13.8 thousand kilograms

Plug-in capacity of 3800 kilograms

2500 liters of fuel machine

Maximum Maximum Mach M1.72

Maximum utility ceiling 17.5 thousand meters

Take-off roll distance of 435 meters

Landing roll distance of 680 meters

Range of 2500 km

Limited overload 8G

China Aviation Industry Corporation I own research and development, with full independent intellectual property rights YFC-1E "Fierce Dragon" stateful stealth aircraft 05 at its 01.03.04 based on the prototype aircraft carried out air, structure and system optimization of the whole The new design, using advanced "clam" type inlet and dual vertical fin and other innovative technologies, and application of a number of integrated manufacturing of new technologies, with the most advanced country with a high degree of integration of the avionics and weapons systems, configure the world's leading The cockpit has a good human-machine interface, an integrated display device, stealth-type "Fierce Dragon" fighter's overall performance and comprehensive combat capability has increased significantly.

Relative to this prior to the successful first flight of the "Fierce Dragon" 01 .03 frame .04 is a platform for the state of the aircraft "upgrade Stealth Edition", focusing on the development of the body of the aircraft, mainly used to support the flight test to ensure flight safety in terms of , 05 "Fierce Dragon" fighter that provides practical delivery of the entire state, can call it "super-stealth full version."
Editor: across the Pacific
(CHN power network - newer, more comprehensive comments on the article, click on collection.)
0 user comments have been I would like to comment on
:)

mayn did u use google translate or something ? :undecided:

i can understand anything, or maybe its too late i should goto sleep :hang2:

I use google translation.
Google translator sucks. Nice try anyway. Maybe a chinese member can translate it for us. but who will do all that typing. Still i can read the specifications.

:yahoo: You are funny.

What if you put 2 xx at the end of an aircraft's name..??? and what if you add 3 of those :D I'm sure such planes must be operate able by 18+ people. :devil:

:rofl::rofl: the 3d generation stealth with 3 of x .- it will strictly have 18+people:D

It looks really plausible. At first I didn't really think a stealth version of JF-17 was likely, but now it seems we will be seeing one in a few years time!:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

Stealth JF-17 would be practical (short take off distance suitable to Pakistan's roads) and economical.

With a WS-10 or WS-10A version of Chinese Engine, it wouldn't be hard to see such designed aircraft or a larger version of the JF-17 shape. And the design isn't out of ordinary, normal conventional design just like the ones we see of F-22 or F-35. Its not 100% look alike, but seems to have got impressed by the F-22 & F-35 designs.

A 5th generation aircraft is not only about design, there are literally thousands of things that have to be taken into account. Only USA has managed to built one till now, and in the coming years the only Russia and India are one of the few countries with actual 5th generation projects like the PAKFA or the MCA. China's J-XX program is still could but im sure the Chinese can surely have one within the next 10 years. The JF-17 is not even a full 4th generation aircraft, making it a 5th generation is just a joke. Pakistan will not be having a 5th generation aircraft atleast for the next 15 years or so. Please stop demeaning the JF-17 by over glorifying it.

Please stop demeaning the JF-17 by over glorifying it.
Please....stop getting bothered!
JF-17 is their to develop and before PAKFA being inducted in any air force...JF-17 will certainly be improved in many areas. incl. design, wepons, engine, avionics....etc... so what shall we call it when all is improved to next generation?

Hopefully no one gets offended but it is not possible to make the Jf-17 a Fifth Generation fighter. This would require a 100% re-design of the aircraft. The Two major things that set the Raptor apart from every other aircraft is that fact that it can super cruise and Internal weapons bay Unless the JF-17 were to have both of these you cannot consider it a fifth generation no matter how good the avionics and weapons are.
The only fifth generation being developed by china is the JXX and no one knows anything about it.

Hmm. Hasn't the Silent Eagle been modified in exactly the same way from an airframe that didn't support internal weapons storage?

It is important to point out that you don't expect to require stealth capabilities in all your aircraft throughout the course of battle. Stealth is certainly important for SEAD or deep penetration missions early on in the war when enemy SA and radar threats are operating at maximum. But once SAM threats have been neutralized and airspace is more 'open', you can afford to load up those underwing pylons. That is the plan with the F-35 also.

If the hypothesized JF-17 derivative was developed such that internal weapons storage could be provided for a couple of SD-10s and anti radiation missiles, it would still be a huge improvement and a legitimate stealth capability for a SEAD role. CFTs - which are not a particularly difficult capability to add - can replace drop tanks, providing a reduced signature.

Chinese engines are making rapid progress. You only have to read the recent news (J-11B tests) about the WS-10A to understand this. Thrust augmentation is really all that is required to give the JF-17 super cruise. In 5 years it is possible that the required level of thrust might be achieved via a Chinese engine.

I am not saying that all these things will definitely be done. I am not privy to such information. Just that I wouldn't dismiss addition of new capabilities - including some degree of stealth - to the JF-17.

Please....stop getting bothered!
JF-17 is their to develop and before PAKFA being inducted in any air force...JF-17 will certainly be improved in many areas. incl. design, wepons, engine, avionics....etc... so what shall we call it when all is improved to next generation?

Please stop getting irritated then, JF-17 will not develop into the next generation lol stop dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom