Japanese ambasador acknowledges Pakistan's potential

AZADPAKISTAN2009

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Japanese Ambassador excited about Pakistan’s vast potentials
Liaqat Toor

HERALDING his arrival in Pakistan, Japanese new Ambassador Hiroshi Oe threw a grand reception in Islamabad attracting dignitaries belonging to different segments of Pakistani society.

Hiroshi Oe, who knew Pakistan very well much before his arrival in Islamabad gave his mind to the gathering on future Pak-Japan relations by saying “he is excited by the vast potentials of Pakistan

He arrived in Pakistan on April 25 and presented his credentials on May 2 to President Asif Ali Zardari. The envoy has along diplomatic career. He joined the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan in April 1979 and served at various important positions in different countries.

Opening his heart before a gathering of Government Ministers, politicians, parliamentarians, diplomats, mediamen, educationists and businessmen Hirsohi Oe said “excitement about Pakistan does not only come from the attention of the world. I am also excited about Pakistan’s vast potentials: the growing population that is even bigger than that of Japan; warmth and hospitality of the people, and; fertile land. While we tackle our own reconstruction, requiring much time, resources and energy, our commitment to Pakistan will remain unchanged. More personally, I would be most happy to help this prestigious country in whatever way I can.”

The PML (Q) President Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain and US Ambassador to Pakistan Cameron Munter were the most sought after persons in the reception. The politicians, parliamentarians and ex-diplomats and ex-civil servants crowded the US envoy discussing Pak-US relations.

The Japanese Ambassador who personally greeted his guests cut the cake along with Shujaat Hussain on the occasion.

He made his brief but emotional speech on the occasion which reflected his future plans to further improve Pak-Japan relations.

The envoy said on arrival in Pakistan one month ago, he was fortunate enough to be able to present my credential to President Asif Ali Zardari the very week after.

“I have since been meeting many distinguished people in Pakistan, and I am very much impressed by the warmth and hospitality extended to me,” he said.

“To be honest, I had already begun to appreciate your warmth and hospitality while I was still in Tokyo. That is because we have just had the Great East Japan Earthquake. Right after the disaster, I saw reports of the Air Force aircraft from Pakistan flying in with much needed high-energy biscuits, milk and water. I also saw on TV the Pakistanis living in Japan visiting the affected areas and serving curry to the people in need. We also received a considerable amount of donation, which were forwarded to the Japan Red Cross Society,” he said.

Hiroshi Oe thanked the government and the people of Pakistan for their support to the government and the people of Japan in their hours of trial.

“While the Earthquake brought immense tragedies and disruptions, one consolation we found was the orderly behaviour and peaceful manners seen in the Japanese society. There was no looting. Those who suffered showed remarkable resilience. Much of what we feel proud of as being Japanese has not been lost – you will actually witness that today, as I have brought my chefs along to serve you Sushi and Tempura. It will, of course, take tremendous amount of time and resources, but we have no doubt that we can come back with much dynamism,” he said.

“In fact, “dynamism” may well be the word of the year for me. I find my appointment here truly rewarding, as the world keeps its eyes on the dynamism in this country as in the story in Abbottabad. I should perhaps say that serving here is very exciting – even if it sometimes becomes overly exciting,” the envoy said.

Ambassador Oe plays the piano and won Gold prizes in both Amateur solo and concert divisions of the International Chopin Piano Competition in Asia in 2011.

One minute silence was observed for the victims of earthquake in Japan on the occasion.

All of this potential is useless if we cannot exploit it.

Japanese Ambassador excited about Pakistan’s vast potentials
Liaqat Toor

HERALDING his arrival in Pakistan, Japanese new Ambassador Hiroshi Oe threw a grand reception in Islamabad attracting dignitaries belonging to different segments of Pakistani society.

Hiroshi Oe, who knew Pakistan very well much before his arrival in Islamabad gave his mind to the gathering on future Pak-Japan relations by saying “he is excited by the vast potentials of Pakistan.”

He arrived in Pakistan on April 25 and presented his credentials on May 2 to President Asif Ali Zardari. The envoy has along diplomatic career. He joined the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan in April 1979 and served at various important positions in different countries.

Opening his heart before a gathering of Government Ministers, politicians, parliamentarians, diplomats, mediamen, educationists and businessmen Hirsohi Oe said “excitement about Pakistan does not only come from the attention of the world. I am also excited about Pakistan’s vast potentials: the growing population that is even bigger than that of Japan; warmth and hospitality of the people, and; fertile land. While we tackle our own reconstruction, requiring much time, resources and energy, our commitment to Pakistan will remain unchanged. More personally, I would be most happy to help this prestigious country in whatever way I can.”

The PML (Q) President Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain and US Ambassador to Pakistan Cameron Munter were the most sought after persons in the reception. The politicians, parliamentarians and ex-diplomats and ex-civil servants crowded the US envoy discussing Pak-US relations.

The Japanese Ambassador who personally greeted his guests cut the cake along with Shujaat Hussain on the occasion.

He made his brief but emotional speech on the occasion which reflected his future plans to further improve Pak-Japan relations.

The envoy said on arrival in Pakistan one month ago, he was fortunate enough to be able to present my credential to President Asif Ali Zardari the very week after.

“I have since been meeting many distinguished people in Pakistan, and I am very much impressed by the warmth and hospitality extended to me,” he said.

“To be honest, I had already begun to appreciate your warmth and hospitality while I was still in Tokyo. That is because we have just had the Great East Japan Earthquake. Right after the disaster, I saw reports of the Air Force aircraft from Pakistan flying in with much needed high-energy biscuits, milk and water. I also saw on TV the Pakistanis living in Japan visiting the affected areas and serving curry to the people in need. We also received a considerable amount of donation, which were forwarded to the Japan Red Cross Society,” he said.

Hiroshi Oe thanked the government and the people of Pakistan for their support to the government and the people of Japan in their hours of trial.

“While the Earthquake brought immense tragedies and disruptions, one consolation we found was the orderly behaviour and peaceful manners seen in the Japanese society. There was no looting. Those who suffered showed remarkable resilience. Much of what we feel proud of as being Japanese has not been lost – you will actually witness that today, as I have brought my chefs along to serve you Sushi and Tempura. It will, of course, take tremendous amount of time and resources, but we have no doubt that we can come back with much dynamism,” he said.

“In fact, “dynamism” may well be the word of the year for me. I find my appointment here truly rewarding, as the world keeps its eyes on the dynamism in this country as in the story in Abbottabad. I should perhaps say that serving here is very exciting – even if it sometimes becomes overly exciting,” the envoy said.

Ambassador Oe plays the piano and won Gold prizes in both Amateur solo and concert divisions of the International Chopin Piano Competition in Asia in 2011.

One minute silence was observed for the victims of earthquake in Japan on the occasion.

wow!! so much respect.. it made me feel proud :).. thanks for posting...

wow!! so much respect.. it made me feel proud :).. thanks for posting...

Part of this has to do with the flattery of Japanese culture and its sensitivity todays offending the host. Dont take the sugar coated talk at its face value.

Though what the japanese did in nanjing cant be described in words.......But i do respect the Japanese people for their sense of honour.

May God protect them from further disasters and us also......Ameen.

Though what the japanese did in nanjing cant be described in words.......But i do respect the Japanese people for their sense of honour.

May God protect them from further disasters and us also......Ameen.

Japanese individuals are good people and I too admire their sense of honour. The only issues we have are with the governments and military. It is unlikely to get an apology from them to the victims of the Sino-Japan war anytime in the near future (knowing their attitudes), but relationships with them will still be ongoing. It will just have to be that way and we will still be standing next to eachother with a thin sheet inbetween us. I feel especially bad for the ones who suffered the most, and how they will not live to see formal apology made towards them, asif it matters anymore, their lives have already been ruined. Still, it will matter a great deal to them and China as a whole.

Back
Top Bottom