What's new

Japan to give Indians 3-yr multiple-entry visas

Bhai Zakir

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Japan to give Indians 3-yr multiple-entry visas

Indians can now get a “three-year” visa with “multiple” entries to visit Japan, a senior official in the Shinzo Abe administration said here Sunday.

As Abe participated in the Republic Day parade as its chief guest, Japan foreign ministry’s Press secretary Kuni Sato said, “There will be multiple-entry visas, which will last up to three years, for Indian ordinary passport holders.”

Presently, Indian tourists can get only single-entry visas to Japan for short duration. However, Indian visitors to the US, UK get up to 10-year visas. This visa relaxation was made by Tokyo since Japanese tourists get visas-on-arrival to India.

Sato, who accompanied the Japanese PM to India, also said that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was briefed about the regional situation, including China’s activities, by Abe.

“India and Japan expect China to act as a responsible partner in the comity of nations, because it is a fact that China has been building up militarily and not necessarily with enough transparency,” she said.

The new National Security Advisors’ dialogue between India and Japan announced by the PMs on Saturday will focus on “China, North Korea, Afghanistan and Iran”, among other issues of regional and global interest, Sato said.

Asked about the progress in negotiations on the civilian nuclear cooperation, she said the differences between the two countries had been “narrowed down”.

“Abe has for the first time recognised India’s sound proliferation record,” she said.

A joint statement said “substantial progress” has been made in the negotiations.

Asked if the Japanese side had asked India to not display Agni-V — a missile with a nuclear warhead — at the Republic Day parade, Sato said, “No, but I was told that the (Indian) defence ministry made this consideration on its own to not display the nuclear weapon.”

The Indian Express had reported Sunday that Agni-V was not displayed since Japanese people are extremely sensitive about nuclear weapons as they are the only victims of an atom bomb. About the conversation between Singh and Abe on the business environment, Sato said, “I won’t say (Abe voiced) concerns, but there is room for improvement in the business environment. There is no specific mention of any hampering practice.”

Tomohiko Taniguchi, councillor in Japan’s Cabinet secretariat and a senior aide to Abe, said, “Abe has covered 30 countries in less than 15 months. But very few countries can have such wide-ranging cooperation, as with India. The joint statement is reflective of the fact.”

A day after India invited Japan to join the Indo-US Malabar exercises, he said, “Abe has welcomed the invite. It will take place, it has been agreed.”

Japan to give Indians 3-yr multiple-entry visas | The Indian Express

"Abe has for the first time recognised India’s sound proliferation record,"

does it mean that civil nuclear deal is going to finalized????

88033_feste_107.gif

Japan can be the next big destination for education for Indian youths.

They have very strict rules when it comes to immigration, A good move by japan. There is very little scope for education as it requires Japanese. But still if one is willing to learn the salary is massive in Khokhas :P

They have very strict rules when it comes to immigration, A good move by japan. There is very little scope for education as it requires Japanese. But still if one is willing to learn the salary is massive in Khokhas :P

A friend of mine was doing Master''s thesis from Tohoku University, given the reputation, it's very easy to get into their universities.

A friend of mine was doing Master''s thesis from Tohoku University, given the reputation, it's very easy to get into their universities.

I requested alot of universities back in my school days , they had engineering courses in Japanese, but they have 1 year course (Preparatory) . One of my friend's uncle work there as software coder , his salary is too big .I would love to have such salary .

I requested alot of universities back in my school days , they had engineering courses in Japanese, but they have 1 year course (Preparatory) . One of my friend's uncle work there as software coder , his salary is too big .I would love to have such salary .

Many universities are opting for English as the primary language for academic interaction, in recent years, many universities in Europe, notably Germany, France, Switzerland has opted for english.

Many universities are opting for English as the primary language for academic interaction, in recent years, many universities in Europe, notably Germany, France, Switzerland has opted for english.

I know for sure that in europe all masters can be found in English. But the main problem is when u graduate there is hardly any job in english , very few and very competitive. That's why i have decided not to study in europe anymore. I will try UK for masters.

Or i will have to learn french in next 2 years to be able to go in banking sector.

I know for sure that in europe all masters can be found in English. But the main problem is when u graduate there is hardly any job in english , very few and very competitive. That's why i have decided not to study in europe anymore. I will try UK for masters.

Or i will have to learn french in next 2 years to be able to go in banking sector.

Why not US, there is barely in job in UK now. But i'm considering doing MBA from any premier university like Cambridge, Oxford or Imperial just for the sake of brand name.

I just want to say one thing to Japanese, "protect your woman and the ones who dont know karate, start teaching them"

Why not US, there is barely in job in UK now. But i'm considering doing MBA from any premier university like Cambridge, Oxford or Imperial just for the sake of brand name.

Sirji, Brand is most vital aspect today :P US is not on list as Masters is 2 years . I am searching for 1 year course.

In mock tests i usually get 630 + in Gmat. I have already lost some years in engineering so my age is a problem too. I will rather do executive MBA later with ample experience .

Back
Top Bottom