Jaipur Metro: Trail run flagged off

third eye

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Gehlot flags off Jaipur Metro’s trial run

iocnRdh.jpg

The trial run of the Jaipur Metro began on Wednesday with Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot flagging off a train at the Mansarovar station in Jaipur.

The trial run will take place between Mansarovar and Shyam Nagar stations via New Atish Market and Vivek Vihar stations.

The first phase of the Metro train services was completed before schedule and after two months of trial run on the 2.4-km track, the facility would be opened to public later this year or early next year after ensuring full security, Gehlot told reporters at the Mansarovar station.

On being asked about the BJP’s allegations that the government rushed up the flag off ceremony because of the Assembly elections, Mr. Gehlot said, “This is being done for public facility. Wednesday’s event is just a smooth trial run of the train, nothing to do with vote bank politics.”

“Actual train will run after completion of entire works at the slated route between Mansarovar and Chandpole,” he said.

The CMD of the Jaipur Metro Rail Corporation Limited, N.C. Goyal, said that the trial run began between Mansarovar and Shyam Nagar stations via New Atish Market and Vivek Vihar stations at a speed of 40 to 45 km per hour.

“For the first phase of the project, Rs. 3,149 crore was earmarked and we have spent Rs. 1,500 crore so far,” he said.

No one would be allowed to board the train during the trial run due to safety reasons, Mr. Goyal added

khangress is in hurry . just 40 km per hour and just 2.4 km long railway line ? is it develpment of khangres ?

Construction of the first part of the first line, comprising 9.2 km from Mansarovar to Chandpole Bazaar, started on November 13, 2010.

Things look to be on track

looks nice.. :smitten:
does jaipur really need metro.. its such a small city... not sure whether its economically viable

Its nice to see 1st phase completed before time

[Bregs];4787037 said:
Its nice to see 1st phase completed before time

BEFORE TIME r u kidding me its atleast 6 mths late n still a lot of work is left on stations(these r just trails).

Its just that Kongress was in a bit of hurry as Modi was expected to arrive sometime around for election promotion.

does jaipur really need metro.. its such a small city... not sure whether its economically viable
i feel it is about time we develop infrastructure with an eye on the future. such enabling infra projects will drive the growth and development of tier-2 cities.

BEFORE TIME r u kidding me its atleast 6 mths late n still a lot of work is left on stations(these r just trails).

Its just that Kongress was in a bit of hurry as Modi was expected to arrive sometime around for election promotion.

The first phase of the Metro train services was completed before schedule

Open your eyes and read the whats there in the link and then start behaving like RSS worker, even after having fenku as pm candidate i am amazed at your desperation

Jaipur is not a small city(3-4 million population) but its not densely populated either.

Metro isn't much needed here but it will definitely smooth up things a bit for many people plus its a good step for managing future traffic requirements.:)

Jaipur is not a small city(3-4 million population) but its not densely populated either.

Metro isn't much needed here but it will definitely smooth up things a bit for many people plus its a good step for managing future traffic requirements.:)

yeah.. but do you have a crowded route... I have never seen traffic jam or anything there... infact not enough cars on road.

I have no idea about Jaipur's traffic volume, but we should have Metro rail service in every major city with significant traffic, apart from convenience & comfort for commuters, this will help in reducing oil import bills & pollution. A good public transport system helps in growth of businesses also. May be the Metro service will attract businesses to set up their offices in Jaipur!! :)

@Abhishek_ What is the inside story about your Avatars? Do you only see what we see or more? ;) :D

Last edited by a moderator:
[Bregs];4787120 said:
The first phase of the Metro train services was completed before schedule

Open your eyes and read the whats there in the link and then start behaving like RSS worker, even after having fenku as pm candidate i am amazed at your desperation

OP is not coorect, I m a Jaipurite n i know much more about my city then u i suppose.

this project has been delayed a couple of times, it was expected to start by June 2013(for normal public) which won't be happening before Dec(as it needs 2-3 months for trail runs) besides the stations r no where close to complete.

Its nothing more than a political stunt by congress.

Jaipur Metro delayed further, now set for August launch - Page 1

N just for kind info i voted for Congress in state election(as its better for my state) but will vote BJP in national elections(as its better for my nation).

one more thing i m neither a fan of Congress nor BJP as both r filled with sh!tholes IMO.

Back
Top Bottom