What's new

Israel attacks Gaza as palestinian reconciliation deal announced

haman10

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) -- Palestinian factions have reached agreement over the terms of a reconciliation deal and will announce the details later in the day, Palestinian officials told Ma'an Wednesday.

Presidential and parliamentary elections, the formation of a unity government, and the restructuring of the PLO are three of the key issues to be implemented simultaneously, officials told Ma'an.

The parties also agreed that both Hamas in Gaza and Fatah in the occupied West Bank would release prisoners detained for their political affiliation.

The Freedoms Committee, one of several bodies created to follow-up on the 2011 Egypt-brokered unity deal, will determine the numbers of prisoners to be released on both sides.

Hamas and PLO officials have agreed to form a unity government within five weeks that will be headed by either President Mahmoud Abbas or former Deputy Prime Minister of the 2006 unity government Nasser al-Din al-Shaer, who is a member of Hamas.

Abbas will issue a presidential decree announcing dates for presidential and parliamentary elections, as well as elections for the Palestinian National council.

Elections will take place within six months, officials said.

The division between Fatah and Hamas began in 2006, when Hamas won Palestinian legislative elections.

In the following year, clashes erupted between Fatah and Hamas, leaving Hamas in control of the Strip and Fatah in control of parts of the occupied West Bank.

The groups have made failed attempts at national reconciliation for years, most recently in 2012, when they signed two agreements -- one in Cairo and a subsequent one in Doha -- which have as of yet been entirely unimplemented.

Fatah, Hamas ready to implement unity agreement | Maan News Agency

@Hazzy997 @al-Hasani @ResurgentIran

The world ?

who is the world ? lol .

and also , why should palestinians care what the "world" thinks of them ? lol again

Twice LOLic.

I meant the reactions to the unity between Hamas and Fatah, its effect on the way how the inner-PA's political function works, and so on.

Cheers

I meant the reactions to the unity between Hamas and Fatah, its effect on the way how the inner-PA's political function works, and so on.
Which is all a legit argument.
i know , but the reaction of the "world" is not quite important for them .

right now they have a lot of problems that should be taken care of . the world can take its opinion and dance with it all the way if u know what i mean

OMG, as if it would change anything
Now they will be beaten together by the JEWS and have a new reason to make a new bloody division for the JEWS to win time

7 injured in Israeli airstrike on northern Gaza Strip | Maan News Agency

GAZA CITY (Ma'an) -- Seven Palestinians were wounded on Wednesday when an Israeli airstrike hit the northern Gaza Strip, medical sources said.

Spokesman for the Gaza Strip Ministry of Health Ashraf al-Qidra said that a 50-year-old man and two children had been "moderately" injured in the strike on Beit Lahiya in the northern Gaza Strip.

Four others were also injured in the strike, although their identities were still unclear.

Eyewitnesses said the strike hit a motorcycle.

Everybody hide somewhere, he is back. :o:

Jk, welcome back @Hazzy997 this time try not to kill your Arab brethen. :enjoy:

Thanks my friend, don't worry I have signed a 3 week ceasefire deal. However, after that I will open the gates of hell upon all members here. :D

JK, did you miss me? I doubt it. :(

@Hazzy997

Welcome back. I tried to stir up the Israeli-nest in a couple of threads but no one took the bait. :D

Anyways start doing your job.

@Hazzy997

Welcome back. I tried to stir up the Israeli-nest in a couple of threads but no one took the bait. :D

Anyways start doing your job.

Thanks my dear friend, I actually viewed some of those threads you opened, well done. :D

I will get back to work as I'm finally on break, just have one exam left to take. :D

Back
Top Bottom