What's new

Islamisation fears at top Pakistan university

Status
Not open for further replies.
The writer of the report is over exaggerating about the issue. I've visited Quaid e Azam university. I've lived there for 48 complete hours. The day I arrived, there was a cultural event going on with all boys and girls dancing and singing. At their huts boys and girls were chanting and taking tea together. Even our teacher said by seeing this that he is very concerned about the future of their children by looking at these customs in universities. Remember that me and my teacher were on 3 day tableeghi jamat seh roza in Quaid e Azam uni.

Religious radicalization is certainly there in the country and after 40,000 thousand deaths this is sad that people do not see it as a problem. Very unfortunate.

Other forms of radicalization include ethnic party youths who have been more or less overshadowed by religious extremists.

This has resulted from religious intolerance, poor law and order and govt ineptitude.

People in north eastern Pakistan often undermine religious radicalization as they have not borne the brunt as much as the others have.

the problem is that anyone can open a religious school anywhere and preach what they want, when the musharraf govt tried to stop some of them halfheartedly, the reaction was severe, religious vigilantism increased.

This is also a global phenomenon, many christian, jewish, hindu, buddhist hate groups have sprung up and face little resistance because the focus is on islam since the issue has been internationalized.

Religious radicalization is certainly there in the country and after 40,000 thousand deaths this is sad that people do not see it as a problem. Very unfortunate.

Other forms of radicalization include ethnic party youths who have been more or less overshadowed by religious extremists.

This has resulted from religious intolerance, poor law and order and govt ineptitude.

People in north eastern Pakistan often undermine religious radicalization as they have not borne the brunt as much as the others have.

the problem is that anyone can open a religious school anywhere and preach what they want, when the musharraf govt tried to stop some of them halfheartedly, the reaction was severe, religious vigilantism increased.

This is also a global phenomenon, many christian, jewish, hindu, buddhist hate groups have sprung up and face little resistance because the focus is on islam since the issue has been internationalized.
The 40000 deaths are the result of grave political mistake of a dictator. The lesson that must be learned is "never to go against the will of your countrymen on foreign dictation''.

What I don't understand is why the calls to prayer are unpredictable for the professors teaching classes. I assume that only a few of the prayer times each day would conflict with normal lecture timings. But aren't the daily times of prayer pretty well established for each week? Why couldn't there be a weekly schedule of school day prayer times that everyone knows about and that the professors plan for by scheduling lecture intermissions appropriately?

The 40000 deaths are the result of grave political mistake of a dictator. The lesson that must be learned is "never to go against the will of your countrymen on foreign dictation''.

In germany during the third reich, people wanted to eliminate the jews and hitler obliged. If the will of the people is destructive to the country, it is madness.

However, musharraf was trying to play a double game by having a religious govt in KP and resisting similar people elsewhere.

This problem of radicalization should be handled with care.

I did read it carefully the first time; I just can't make much of it !

Is there Radicalization in Pakistan ?

I believe so !

Are the indicators presented in the article as evidence indicative of it ?

I don't think so !
Those teachers are away from Islam and feels insulted when students rush for prayer leaving them to think they should also start praying.
Or maybe they have issue with girls wearing Naqab while their daughters don't do soo:confused:

Article is just a piece of junk just maybe written by some NGO funded writer crying for so called liberality while destroying the personal religious freedom of common people.

suicide_bombing1.gif

Is this the "Islamisation" fears at top Pakistani university.

The writer of the report is over exaggerating about the issue. I've visited Quaid e Azam university. I've lived there for 48 complete hours. The day I arrived, there was a cultural event going on with all boys and girls dancing and singing. At their huts boys and girls were chanting and taking tea together. Even our teacher said by seeing this that he is very concerned about the future of their children by looking at these customs in universities. Remember that me and my teacher were on 3 day tableeghi jamat seh roza in Quaid e Azam uni.

I have been there too,my cousin is doing his m phil there,It's like any other university in Pakistan.
You mentioned that you work with the Jam'aat ,You know that a lot of universities now dont even allow you guys in

suicide_bombing1.gif

Is this the "Islamisation" fears at top Pakistani university.

Indians consider Pakistani UNI grads a risk in international job market, they want to oust them by hook or crook.
Hence they mull this story and use Pakistanis with misplaced loyalties to propagate falsification and in return the writer has been promised either US or UK passport and free cinema tickets for bollywood movies.

Indians consider Pakistani UNI grads a risk in international job market, they want to oust them by hook or crook.
Hence they mull this story and use Pakistanis with misplaced loyalties to propagate falsification and in return the writer has been promised either US or UK passport and free cinema tickets for bollywood movies.
attaboy

i pray 5 times a day & i don't go to library or i dont even hav a book shelf/rack in my home, so i fall under the category of being radical ...:undecided:

Just Dnt let it become another Punjab univ.. Full of Jamati bastards.. Praying etc is cool.

i pray 5 times a day & i don't go to library or i dont even hav a book shelf/rack in my home, so i fall under the category of being radical ...:undecided:
You didn't get the point....a University is a place of learning....it is specifically built to teach people.....a bookstore is a must for a university.....a mosque is not a must....let alone four of them....when it is the other way round in a university(not your house) you know something is not right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom