What's new

Is it possible to turn Arab deserts into greenery?

IamBengali

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
I hate deserts from core of my heart. I can't even breath where there is no greenery. I live in Bangladesh. Rural Bangladesh is full of green everywhere but Dhaka is concrete jungle but still there is green left in Dhaka in form of Parks but in Arab countries esp. in Saudi Arabia there is hardly any green. Esp. in Mecca there seems to be absolutely no greenery. All buildings seems to be built in desert land.

Is it possible to turn all deserts in Arabia full of greenery with flowers blossoming everywhere?

Why is there hardly any tree in Mecca? How do Meccans live without green? There should be a project taken immediately to plant trees around Ka'aba in the expansion project.

abraj1.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe the Meccans would be thinking the same thing about you ? How can anyone live somewhere where swamps and rivers dot the entire countryside ? How can anyone eat so much fish & rice as Bengalis do ? :unsure:

To each his own then ! :)

You can live without eating fish but you can't breath without trees. Science has progressed so much but why didn't they yet find out ways to make deserts into full of green?

There is. Makkah is just the hottest city in KSA and surrounded by mountains which gives it a warmer climate than average in Hijaz due to the effects of the mountains and it's also located far enough away from the beautiful Red Sea (80 km) for that not to have an effect climate wise. Mainly due to the sheltering effect of the mountains.

That's how the terrain looks likes a few km outside of Makkah.
5.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

13.jpg

4.jpg

For more photos below:

The Mountains of Makkah | NidalM Photography

A tour of parts of Makkah:

As anyone can see by watching that video of Makkah then there are plenty of palm trees and trees. It's just a hugely misleading photo that you have found in order to troll.

And this is how it looks a bit further away from Makkah.

Hijaz is one of the most beautiful places in the ME and world. It has everything. A nearly 1500 km long beautiful tropical coastline alongside the Red Sea which has the second biggest coral reef after the Great Barrier Reef in Australia, several beautiful and tall mountain ranges, ancient cities, artifacts, modern cities, volcanic areas, beautiful lowlands and deserts, highlands, tropical areas, forests, beautiful tropical beaches and hundreds of islands outside of the coast. Well outside of Makkah and Madinah obviously.

Soon to be also the highest skyscraper and a few of the biggest and most modern industrial cities. :yay:

Speaking about falcons then Hijaz also has one of the best areas in the ME for falconry.

Did I mention the phenomenal weather all year around? When it gets too hot during the summer you just go and visit the many big mountain cities or hundreds of mountain villages located at over 2000 meters altitude to cool off or you take a trip to the Red Sea to do some diving.

Imagine if certain laws were changed which is inevitable.

It's a blessed and ancient land and the land of Prophet Muhammad (saws) and all the Prophets before him and we are very proud to inhabit it as we have done for thousands of years.

So keep spreading nonsense for all we care. :lol:

Stick to your little flat swamp of a country and don't troll here.

@WebMaster @Aeronaut @nuclearpak @Oscar @Manticore @Emmie @Jungibaaz

I think that it is time to deal with this serial troll.

@al-Hasani,

I am talking about trees around Ka'aba. It would be so nice if trees are planted in the expansion project.

@al-Hasani,

I am talking about trees around Ka'aba. It would be so nice if trees are planted in the expansion project.

What don't you understand? Makkah is the hottest city in KSA. It's located in a valley where it gets really hot. If you venture just a little bit outside of the central parts of Makkah (the mountain villages) you will see greenery.

Even the city itself has its fair share of greenery as this tour of Makkah clearly shows.

You just took a highly misleading photo that shows a little part of Makkah dominated by Masjid-Al-Haram, buildings and the hills.

You can live without eating fish but you can't breath without trees. Science has progressed so much but why didn't they yet find out ways to make deserts into full of green?
That would be a huge waste of money. You would have to bring in fertile soil and plant all the trees. You would waste the peoples money by watering the trees and other greenery over the years.

The environment in makkah is so harsh that people would only go there to please allah. There would be no worldly reasons.

That would be a huge waste of money. You would have to bring in fertile soil and plant all the trees. You would waste the peoples money by watering the trees and other greenery over the years.

The environment in makkah is so harsh that people would only go there to please allah. There would be no worldly reasons.

Dear am I blind or do I see trees and palm trees everywhere on this tour of Makkah?

As I said this photo is highly misleading. The point is that most of it is just concrete, hills and the Masjid-Al-Haram. The greenery that existed was removed for new buildings and new greenery to get planted. You can't just raise whole neighborhoods and leave the palm trees and trees.

Outside of that then Makkah is BY far the hottest city in KSA which already limits greenery in abundance. But that is not to say that the surrounding mountain villages or the landscapes just a few km outside of Makkah do not have plenty of greenery as I just showed.

Central Makkah never had much greenery anyway due to its location, climate and mountain terrain/hilly terrain. Outside of palm trees and a few species of trees and plants.

Not only is it really hot but the terrain is also mountainous and hilly and it's located in a valley. Of course this will limit greenery.

Anyway this thread serves no purpose other than trolling of a well-known ignorant and troll. Not even a thread worthy let alone fitting on this section.

Pleaste deal with this:
@WebMaster @Aeronaut @nuclearpak @Oscar @Manticore @Emmie @Jungibaaz

Last edited:
Dear am I blind or do I see trees and palm trees everywhere on this tour of Makkah?

As I said this photo is highly misleading. The point is that most of it is just concrete, hills and the Masjid-Al-Haram. The greenery that existed was removed for new buildings and new greenery to get planted. You can't just raise whole neighborhoods and leave the palm trees and trees.

Outside of that then Makkah is BY far the hottest city in KSA which already limits greenery in abundance. But that is not to say that the surrounding mountain villages or the landscapes just a few km outside of Makkah do not have plenty of greenery as I just showed.
My point is this. If allah wanted to he could have put his house in a forest.

mecca.jpg

sarajevo.jpg

I understand that Mecca is the hottest city but it doesn't mean you can't plant two three trees in Ka'aba and take care of it. Why is it hottest? Because there is no tree. Atleast an initiative should be taken for it.

@Zahal

Once mentioned drip irrigation, I know little about this, maybe his opinion will help.

I hate deserts from core of my heart. I can't even breath where there is no greenery. I live in Bangladesh. Rural Bangladesh is full of green everywhere but Dhaka is concrete jungle but still there is green left in Dhaka in form of Parks but in Arab countries esp. in Saudi Arabia there is hardly any green. Esp. in Mecca there seems to be absolutely no greenery. All buildings seems to be built in desert land.

Is it possible to turn all deserts in Arabia full of greenery with flowers blossoming everywhere?

Why is there hardly any tree in Mecca? How do Meccans live without green? There should be a project taken immediately to plant trees around Ka'aba in the expansion project.

abraj1.jpg

@IamBengali asks innocent questions, and pure ones. And here he has touched something that every Haji observes on pilgrimage trip. How come there almost no trees in Makkah? it is a deliberate policy by the saudi establishment to not plant trees in Makkah al Mukarramah

I understand that Mecca is the hottest city but it doesn't mean you can't plant two three trees in Ka'aba and take care of it. Why is it hottest? Because there is no tree. Atleast an initiative should be taken for it.

Are you just a troll or just dumb?

You don't understand that Makkah is by far the hottest city in KSA and that it is located in a valley 85 km away from the beautiful Red Sea and is surrounded by mountain ranges which gives it's hot climate.

Do you understand that this photo is misleading? That areas just a few km outside of Makkah have plenty of greenery as I have just showed you?

Did you even watch the video of Makkah that I posted where plenty of greenery can be seen in the streets? Be it trees, palm trees or plants?

Lastly why don't you stick to your tiny little flat swamp of a country? We know what ignorant trolls like you are up to anyway.

Back
Top Bottom