What's new

Is China made Y-20 Military Heavy Plane Good for PAF?

we need more helicopters for evacuation and transport in pakistan specially civilian govt dont have havy transport helis we should atleast have 15 to 30 in each city depending on the size army can used them wherever they want but at least 250 needed
in earth quake we had few heli and have problem in evacuating even front line solders

I don't see Pakistan needing a bit transport like this. Long range projection is not one of Pakistan's priorities.

I don't see Pakistan needing a bit transport like this. Long range projection is not one of Pakistan's priorities.

We sometimes have to transport heavy equipment within the country too or to other countries, so a small fleet of heavy lifters would be a good option. Plus if they come in the MRTT role, an added bonus, as they can be then utilized as aerial tankers also.

Even if this Plane is Not as capable as its counterparts ( just speculating ) ; Still its a better option as Pakistan can order the same in Greater Numbers.

btw, the pics are Awesome ! Looks So Majestic like the IL76 !

sorry buddy but it doesn't match our requirements
c-130 is enough to meet our requirement[/QUOT
Its not just cost per unit for these things its also the maintanace cost that is huge. and also this Y-20 is for heavy lift and for long distances so i also agree on that paf dont have any such requirement yet.:pakistan:

Even if this Plane is Not as capable as its counterparts ( just speculating ) ; Still its a better option as Pakistan can order the same in Greater Numbers.

Speculating or bashing? :coffee:

Dont answer. We understand the difference.

Such bashing shows how our enemy suffers from inferiority complex. :D :chilli:

Anyway, coming to the topic, I think, Pakistan can order such planes if Pakistan can afford the maintenance cost. Heavy lifting is essential for any air force no matter how short the projection is.

:pakistan: :china:

sorry buddy but it doesn't match our requirements
c-130 is enough to meet our requirement[/QUOT
Its not just cost per unit for these things its also the maintanace cost that is huge. and also this Y-20 is for heavy lift and for long distances so i also agree on that paf dont have any such requirement yet.:pakistan:

i agree .............

we need now extend our influence and counter indian influence in central Asia and Sri Lanka. It would be a form of force projection to keep our enemies on their toes.

we need now extend our influence and counter indian influence in central Asia and Sri Lanka. It would be a form of force projection to keep our enemies on their toes.

Yes, you do..... but before you can do that. Bring your economy up.

The spec. mentioned on the first post of this thread seems to be right.

What Y-20 looks like is very similar to the picture on the cover page of Chinese Aviation World magazine. So, it's a sort of official.

(China-Defense.com. Forum ~ Topic: China Future Transport Airplane P.23)

Why not pakistan make a JV with china and produce a required transporter locally?

Dont think like our leaders always think like Thinktanks..

Dont think about next 5 years... alway think about next 50 years

Dont make a plan for 3 years... alway make a plan for next atleast 20 years

If PAF really need moderinzation of its Airforce so better to modernize its Airforce with old and outdated hardware better to go for Y20!!!

We have money! "Always remind this thing" this bullshit of our leaders that we dont have money and our economy ABCD bla blaa blaa! look at our leaders their daily tours their per year expensive and over all PAkistan per year corrption money! u will get your Answer is that Pakistan really dont have money or not!!!

PAF go for Y20!!! its better

Back
Top Bottom