What's new

Irom Sharmila charged with attempting suicide

Here most of the people know false stories about her. Before making accusation lets make one thing clear. We people are blind, nothing less nothing more. We only know to flow with water. People who are saying that Irom Chanu Sharmila didn't receive the support of media or Human rights circles are totally wrong.

I will tell you people both sides of the coin.

First Irom Sharmila-
In the end of 2000 Assam Rifles allegedly shot and killed 10 people including a old lady and a young boy. Then Irom went on hunger strike to repel the AFSPA. She is dead against AFSPA. Human rights groups allege more than 1500 cases of human rights violation.

Her supporters-
concerned people, human rights activists, Nobel-laureate Shirin Ebadi, Anna Hazare, All India Trinamool Congress(lip service), Communist Party of India (Marxist–Leninist)(lip service), Pune University.

Her opponents-
Central government, military establishment.

Her strength-
Pain, suffering.

Her weakness-
being neutral to terrorists.

2nd Military-

Military faces double edged sword. It looks like military is on verge of winning this war, but deep down they accept that there are some factors which are very difficult to contain. Discipline and logistical problems. Military men are facing severe disciplinary pressure which destroys their social and public life. When some one is always away from home, parents and family, very few know the pain of these military men. When threshold is breached, then they forget even rules and start doing bad kind of activities including shooting. But AFSPA, which is designed to prevent the civil authorities to question military men, is misused here. AFSPA is not bad, only there is no mechanism to check on its shortcomings to improve it more. And that is why apex court is overseeing the cases right now to judge the AFSPA.

Second thing geography is very hard to survive. Even best trained men can be misguided by nature here. Military uses roads for access. Terrorists attack them and then vanish in the woods. Military men can't pursue them in the fear of losing the path. Then they start looking for these terrorists. Upon seeing even one suspicious person they shoot them because there isn't much time for warning. In this way innocent people are getting killed.

As friends I am repeating what I have said earlier that my cousin is also in military(Assam rifles). He also faces the same kind of pressure and situation. What I have written here is just same as he told me.

We need to improve the situation by incorporating some checks and balances and gradually lifting this law for the betterment of the society.

Right now both military and innocent people both are suffering. Only difference is that military faces the sufferings and also creates suffering in the life of common man. By lambasting any party we are not going to get the solution. We need seriousness in central government to improve the situation. I hope people get justice in due course.

yaar kuch krna chaiaye is aurat ka...Even mainstream media have never made her breaking news. :hitwall:

what you want from her? and aaj phir court ne charges lgva diye? if we cant keep our states or citizens happy then let them go ..

Salute to that lady and i always find congress behind every problem of india...almost every ..

@Mritunjaya hats off to you dude, nice informative post, sorry for taking you wrong.

But i don't understand, why are there such divisive laws present in the NE on the first place??

who is gaining from it??

There are divisive law's all around in India .......laws that encourage caste division, religious polarization, laws that intruduce linguistic divides, propagate ethnic divides....its an extension of british divide and rule strategy that congress has mastered.

Last edited by a moderator:
All my posts are factual. Its another thing that most cannot handle the facts.

Look at America and its Reservation land for Native American Indians. Can anyone truly say it has helped preserve their Identity or culture ? Or has it excluded them from living the American dream. Native Americans are one of the poorest people in USA today.

Most prosperity globally is build on property rights. Keeping the land prices artificially low by not allowing sale to other Indians is the root cause of poverty in Manipur. It also prevents efficient and effective use of that land.

This low cost land and restrictions on buying them also means people not having access to Loans that can be taken on these lands. In short, they become worthless. There is no incentive to build roads or other infrastructure so the entire community stays poor.

Second, Indians need 'an Innner Line Permit' to visit Manipur. This prevents National integration.

The solution is staring us in the face.

Excellent post.

Internet Hindus are indeed becoming more intelligent :enjoy:

On topic :

I'm divided on this issue.

I admire the persistence of this lady in keeping up with her peaceful dharna demanding repeal of AFSPA

I also understand that there are armed militants in Manipur and the Armed forces need special power to stop being harassed by the motley group of NGOs, intellectuals etc and discharge their duty effectively.

There needs to be a middle ground where the concerns of the population are taken into account without blunting the army efficacy,

On topic :

I'm divided on this issue.

I admire the persistence of this lady in keeping up with her peaceful dharna demanding repeal of AFSPA

I also understand that there are armed militants in Manipur and the Armed forces need special power to stop being harassed by the motley group of NGOs, intellectuals etc and discharge their duty effectively.

There needs to be a middle ground where the concerns of the population are taken into account without blunting the army efficacy,

Dude, how will we find middle ground if GOI is even not talking to the lady.

7 days fast of Hazare & his people were included into the committee to draft Lokpal.

But even after 12 years of Irom's Fast, instead of talking to her, GOI is Charging her with attempt to suicide.

Back
Top Bottom