What's new

IRIAF and DIO signed contract for building a trainer jet and new fighter j

If we produce something with same capabilities as F-14, that's more than enough to keep our air force up for our regional enemies. Only if we produce something like AN/AWG-9 (Tomcat's radar) and Phoenix missiles and install them on a newly built aircraft and then we add 20 of them to our fleet our air force will get rejuvenated.
Actually you should work on a lightweight 4th gen fighter, that can be cheaply produced......................because foremost of your enemies in the neighbourhood is USA and you can't beat them in that area................................But numbers may help you defend yourself..............

well we had build phonix in the war! we need to just build it's radar! (+engine problem but radar is more important because saeghe with phonix+tomcat radar can F everything up!

Saeghe is not maneuverable enough to be used for air superiority like F-14, and about the phoenix missile, I guess the missile that you're talking about that was developed during the Iraq-Iran war for F-14's was a project done by the self-sufficiency Jihad organization of the army to make changes on Hawk missile so it could be launched by F-14's as air-to-air missiles which was a successful project. I'm not sure if we have made a similar missile like Phoenix yet.

Actually you should work on a lightweight 4th gen fighter, that can be cheaply produced......................because foremost of your enemies in the neighbourhood is USA and you can't beat them in that area................................But numbers may help you defend yourself..............

Sure. That's why we don't invest so much in the air force, the USA will always remain a decade ahead of us even if we start to produce decent jet fighters from now, but if you read my post, I talked about 'regional' enemies, not the USA. But you're right, our main policy is to be a formidable missile power to compensate lacking a good air force, because it's much cheaper and much more realistic this way.

Back
Top Bottom