What's new

Iraq to help Jordan with free crude oil

tyrant

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Iraq to help Jordan with free crude oil - Yahoo! News

Iraq to help Jordan with free crude oil

BAGHDAD (AP) — Iraq says it is giving neighboring Jordan 100,000 barrels of oil as a gift to help overcome its economic difficulties.

The decision by the Cabinet Tuesday could be seen as an attempt by the Shiite-led Iraqi government to offer support to one of its Sunni neighbors. Hundreds of thousands of Iraqis have fled to Jordan because of violence that followed the 2003 U.S.-led invasion of their country.

This month Jordan announced hikes in gas and fuel prices, sparking nationwide protests that turned violent in some areas. They included unprecedented calls on Jordan's King Abdullah II to step down.

According to an agreement with Iraq, Jordan buys 15,000 barrels of oil a day, with preferential prices of less than $18 a barrel, about one-fifth of the current market price of oil.

Neither Iraq nor Iran will help Jordan for free. Both of them seek to exploit unrest in Jordan

it is not a gift and they definitely will ask for something in return

properly it is the beginning of Iranian intervention in Jordanian Affairs

Allot of people here and everywhere bet on a Jordanian spring and violence to surge three weeks ago, and no one showed interest in the Jordanian part of the story which was saying that the protesters who resorted to violence and others who called for ousting the king are numbered.

But now, what happened to the imminent Jordanian spring? Why everything returned to normal situation although the government didn't pull back it's decision of raising fuel prices?

And no... the regime didn't use force to quell them but rather 37 policemen were injured vs one culprit was killed who attacked a police station with an AK.

The answer for these questions is that Jordanians respect and love their king, and 3 weeks ago, after the limited acts of violence, the people who used to be silent started saying out loud that the king is a red line, some people went down the streets to guard policemen who refused to shoot on the violent protesters and others guarded public buildings from them.

Normal people would understand the government decision in lifting the subsidy on fuel prices as Jordan economy is going through very difficult situation, and the another choice would be an economic collapse.

Neither Iraq nor Iran will help Jordan for free. Both of them seek to exploit unrest in Jordan

it is not a gift and they definitely will ask for something in return

properly it is the beginning of Iranian intervention in Jordanian Affairs

Jordan said NO to the Iranian offer. Jordan hosted two million Iraqis (1/3 of Jordan population), and aid Iraq with tens of military vehicles and training of thousands of Iraqi police force and troops.

However Jordanian consumption of oil is 170 k bb/day, so this amount is about half of Jordanian needs per day.

Many of the Iraqis in Jordan are middle class who own bussinesses and invest billions of dollars in the Jordanian economy. 100 thousand barrels is only about 10 millions dollars so its not that much really, Iraq's budget is expecte to double to over $200 billion in the next few years. Iraq has been selling Jordan oil at discount prices for years now. I think this is in exchange for Iraq's plans to construct pipelines to Jordan and start exporting oil using the Aqaba port.

Allot of people here and everywhere bet on a Jordanian spring and violence to surge three weeks ago, and no one showed interest in the Jordanian part of the story which was saying that the protesters who resorted to violence and others who called for ousting the king are numbered.

But now, what happened to the imminent Jordanian spring? Why everything returned to normal situation although the government didn't pull back it's decision of raising fuel prices?

And no... the regime didn't use force to quell them but rather 37 policemen were injured vs one culprit was killed who attacked a police station with an AK.

The answer for these questions is that Jordanians respect and love their king, and 3 weeks ago, after the limited acts of violence, the people who used to be silent started saying out loud that the king is a red line, some people went down the streets to guard policemen who refused to shoot on the violent protesters and others guarded public buildings from them.

Normal people would understand the government decision in lifting the subsidy on fuel prices as Jordan economy is going through very difficult situation, and the another choice would be an economic collapse.

Brother, your post just reminded me of a Syrian friend who used exactly same lines when Egypt and Tunisia were in turmoil.... anyway , Its good that Jordan is calm

Brother, your post just reminded me of a Syrian friend who used exactly same lines when Egypt and Tunisia were in turmoil.... anyway , Its good that Jordan is calm

Yes, I know exactly what you are talking about, and that's why I asking you to give me logical reasons of the calm.

Quid pro quos , that is ! How is that some sort of exploitation ? :what:

You helped Iraq in the past and now Baghdad is returning the favour ...

Jordan said NO to the Iranian offer. Jordan hosted two million Iraqis (1/3 of Jordan population), and aid Iraq with tens of military vehicles and training of thousands of Iraqi police force and troops.

However Jordanian consumption of oil is 170 k bb/day, so this amount is about half of Jordanian needs per day.

Brother, I get your point and I know that Jordanian leadership can distinguish "exchange of interests" from "exploitation"

Iraq?....is there any country still remained with name of iraq.?...To me iraq is just a lost country...

if it is to be called Malikie it would be more true than iraq... in current conditions except northern Kurdish region iraq is a province of Iran and Al Maliki is the colonial governor of iran as well. Maliki's main missions are to threaten neighbouring Arab countries and Turkiye, supplying Baby killer, Assad regime financial, miltia supportand arms aid on behalf of Iran..

Iraq?....is there any country still remained with name of iraq.?...To me iraq is just a lost country...

A lost country your country is willing to invest in. How funny. A lost country with the world's 5th largest proven oil reserves.

Back
Top Bottom