What's new

Intelectual Terrorism...

Bill Longley

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
India bars Pakistani TV channels

Thursday, August 06, 2009
ISLAMABAD: In a new attempt to deprive of its citizens to information, the Indian government is not allowing TV cable operators to show any TV channels from Pakistan, The Asian Age reported.

The Indian information and broadcasting ministry is also planning to establish high-frequency transmitters and towers in the bordering areas to stop transmission of Pakistani Programmes. The Indian government has earmarked Rs 1 billion for the implementation of the project, it added. The government is also contemplating hiring retired army engineers and former police officials on contract for the maintenance and security of these towers.

It is also pertinent to mention here that in a recent meeting held in New Delhi under Asian Media Information and Communication Centre, Javed Jabbar has severely criticized the Indian approach for keeping its people deprived of what is neighbours’ perception of India and vice-versa.

Well this is what it is................. Media show black and white so if India only wanna show Black so how would it allow white to be shown

Q outing all the news article from an india based news agency ANI won't give any credibility. Its just like ur other media channels who pour poison against pakistan and show one side of the picture.

Do you think any Pakistan newspaper would print something like this......
Come on...:hitwall:

. Indian media is not banned in Pakistan

Read:

Ban on Indian TV channels sought

Tuesday, January 13, 2009
ISLAMABAD: The Senate Standing Committee on Information and Broadcasting has asked the government to immediately ban broadcasting of the Indian TV channels in Pakistan.

A Senate body meeting, presided over by Committee Chairman Liaquat Ali Bangulzai, was held here on Monday. Senators Tariq Azeem, Tahir Latif, Nilofar Bakhtiar, Javed Leghari, Maulana Sami-ul-Haq, Muhammad Ali Durrani, Haji Adeel Ahmed, Naseer Mengal and Information Secretary Ashfaq Gondal attended the meeting.

Taking strict notice of the absence of Information Minister Sherry Rehman in the meeting, the committee chairman asked her to ensure her presence in the next meeting. Committee member Tariq Azeem said that the Indian government had closed the transmission of the Pakistani TV channels. He asked the government to ban the transmission of the Indian TV channels. Senator Haji Adeel said the government should ban only the recreational Indian TV channels. We would be aware of the Indian propaganda from the Indian news channels, he added.

Information Secretary Ashfaq Gondal assured the committee that he would hold talks with the Pakistan Electronic Media and Regulatory Authority (Pemra) and the cable operators in this respect soon.

Do you think any Pakistan newspaper would print something like this......
Come on...:hitwall:

Well u won't be believing to what i say, but if i think of as a neutral person, and do the comparison of which side is more active, the balance tilts towards the india side. Yes ours do, but not every newspaper, the well known newspaper don't print bullshit without any concrete report, some 2nd rate newspaper might do just to sell more.
Similarly, the private news channel don't preach hate against india here, yes once the mumbai attacks happened, thankfully our media for the first time got united and took a stand that also with decency.

But if u look at indian media, the moment something happens, within 5 minutes ur media starts to blame pakistan. Without letting the final outcome to be seen. Samjhota bombings, malagon bombings, the mumbai 2003 (i guess) bombings whose suspects recently got death penalties, etc etc, all blame pakistan, but once the dust settles, then it comes to light that it was home grown.

And plz don't start a useless discussion, i did a fair analysis by blaming ours and urs too. Just think and say after looking into the historical events in india, how many things blamed on ur by the media and what truth came out later on.

personally I am against banning of any sort in a democracy.
it's a wrong move...watching Pak movies and channels apart from the news might help us in improving relations...it does play a part.
and the propaganda sword is double-edged.

i am surprised that the indians cant bear their 'juniors' in the filed where they gave perfected the art of propaganda.

Just a few years back the poor PTV had been the target of the indian media but now the tides have turned and the indian guts are on the lose. How ironic!

Mainstream Pakistani media outlets like dawn.com have Indian columnists and often showcase news stories and articles which are favorable to India -- even at Pakistan's expense.

I have yet to see a single news article or opinion piece in mainstream Indian media which says anything positive about Pakistan. Every single article is either blantantly anti-Pakistan or takes petty, juvenile shots at Pakistan.

Dawn.com prints articles which showcase India's accomplishments. There is no reciprocity in mainstream Indian media.

Back
Top Bottom