What's new

INS Viraat, Indian navy's lone aircraft carrier suffers collision off Keral

RPK

Reaction score
Country
India
INS Viraat, Indian navy's lone aircraft carrier suffers collision off Kerala coast, reveal sources

Kochi: A Kerala state owned boat ferrying about 100 passengers rammed into aircraft carrier INS Viraat here, naval sources said today.
However, no one was injured and there was no damage to Viraat, which is here as part of its periodic and scheduled maintenance, the sources said.

The incident occurred yesterday as German cruise liner 'Celebrity Solistice', which had arrived here on Saturday with about 2800 tourists and 1250 crew, was about to embark on its journey for Port Klang, Malaysia.

The boat driver said he was unaware of the presence of the cruise liner, which also allegedly failed to sound a siren before starting its journey, Kerala State Water Transport Department sources said.

It is suspected the boat got caught in waves generated by propellers of the liner and rammed into the naval vessel.

The boat was on its way to Ernakulam jetty from Fort Kochi.

The KSWTD has ordered an enquiry.

INS Viraat will be in Kochi for a few months.

INS Viraat, Indian navy's lone aircraft carrier suffers collision off Kerala coast, reveal sources

Kochi: A Kerala state owned boat ferrying about 100 passengers rammed into aircraft carrier INS Viraat here, naval sources said today.
The boat driver said he was unaware of the presence of the cruise liner, which also allegedly failed to sound a siren before starting its journey, Kerala State Water Transport Department sources said.

Someone has to be blind to be unaware of the presence of a cruise liner in the vicinity..

Pakistani Guys Will read the Topic , Jump with Joy and when open the thread and read no damages will be heartbroken .

P.S. I had a minor Heart attack reading the title as well :rofl:

The Germans will return back with a memory of a lifetime, after all how many people can claim to get hit by an aircraft carrier?

Incredible India :woot:

The Germans will return back with a memory of a lifetime, after all how many people can claim to get hit by an aircraft carrier?

Incredible India :woot:

ha ha.....

good that there was no pak tourists on that boat..... otherwise our media would have made a field day on this....

WTF....

Aircraft carrier... getting rammed by passenger cruiser..... I believe we have SOP (Standard Operation Procedure).... for all Warships.... All the Deck guys should be Court Marshaled... and should be given 50 Kicks in their back.

What..... How do you miss a AC..... I dont get it.... A small ship got caught in the bow waves of a cruise liner and got pushed in to the AC? Why is this even news.....

Its just a small ferry,inland transport. not the cruise liner which hit. more like a motor cycle hitting a trailer truck or a train
People_coming_by_boat_for_urul_nercha_at_Ashtamudi_veerabadraswamy_temple.JPG

lol i guess media both in your country and ours are the same, both need to publish spicy news, this is not worthy of a news and to be honest it gives a negative vibe (atleast from the title) that carrier was damaged in some way, reminds me of the saying "khoda pahar nikla chooha"

glad that no personal were lost and there was no damage ... how come a small ferry like that miss a big *** carrier or a cruise ship is beyond me lol

Back
Top Bottom