3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Opening ceremony of Arfa Karim IT Media City Project & community epolicing

Last edited by a moderator:
So much work going on in Punjab by PMLN. I hope Shahbaz sharif gets elected again as a CM. Thatll be my dream come true. I cant even imagine what he will do in his next term. Lahore would probably look like dubai or something.

So much work going on in Punjab by PMLN. I hope Shahbaz sharif gets elected again as a CM. Thatll be my dream come true. I cant even imagine what he will do in his next term. Lahore would probably look like dubai or something.
What about rest of the country? this is just a political stunt before elections.

What about rest of the country? this is just a political stunt before elections.

Shahbaz sharif isnt responsible for the rest of the country. He is a CM of punjab. Also, how can it be a political stunt when the development started as soon as he took over the CM office. Remember, ring road was started as soon as he came in power, ashiana housing, danish schools, and tons of reforms in private sector. We must also not forget the floods and the dengue that devastated punjab and the govt had to spend billions of ruppees that were going to be spent on the development. When they were in power in the 90s, they transformed lahore and other parts of pakistan.

Sorry to be rude, but i hate when people say this. It makes me feel people don't want to see their own distinct identity. I believe Lahore has its own distinct culture from thousands of years and to be honest we have destroyed it. In a nutshell it was our Rome. Dubai is an artificial city copying from all over the world. You'll find they are making copies of Eiffel Tower, Taj Mahal, and Manhattan buildings.

No doubt Shahbaz Sharif is working hard. You can see him wearing the same clothes everyday, and having his legs stuck in many different situations. However, let us not forget to make Lahore like Lahore.

Sorry to be rude, but i hate when people say this. It makes me feel people don't want to see their own distinct identity. I believe Lahore has its own distinct culture from thousands of years and to be honest we have destroyed it. In a nutshell it was our Rome. Dubai is an artificial city copying from all over the world. You'll find they are making copies of Eiffel Tower, Taj Mahal, and Manhattan buildings.

No doubt Shahbaz Sharif is working hard. You can see him wearing the same clothes everyday, and having his legs stuck in many different situations. However, let us not forget to make Lahore like Lahore.
Believe it or not, i was also thinking like that but you have to understand that time has changed. Lahore is often called a city of gardens and shahbaz sharif has taken many initiatives to make lahore greener by planting thousands of trees, putting plant pots on the side of roads and flyovers. Dubai is indeed a very synthetic city and I didnt mean to disrespect lahore. I only meant to say that Dubai looks very modern and advanced and I wish Lahore would also look like that one day. I mean who doesnt want to see a crazy skyscraper like dubais?

Shahbaz sharif isnt responsible for the rest of the country. He is a CM of punjab. Also, how can it be a political stunt when the development started as soon as he took over the CM office. Remember, ring road was started as soon as he came in power, ashiana housing, danish schools, and tons of reforms in private sector. We must also not forget the floods and the dengue that devastated punjab and the govt had to spend billions of ruppees that were going to be spent on the development. When they were in power in the 90s, they transformed lahore and other parts of pakistan.
I hope he puts BRT's in other cities of punjab and put a metro system in Lahore.

I hope he puts BRT's in other cities of punjab and put a metro system in Lahore.

well he has already announced that Faisalabad and Rawalpindi will get the BRT. And I dont think Lahore needs a metro system. Its quiet expensive. I am sure this whole BRT project in lahore will be expanded to more than just one route.

I think shabaz sharif should should have introduced train system like london, tokyo or other advance countries cuz it is more cost effective, advance and can handle lot passengers rather than spending so much money on project which is good but not best
Problem with most of development prjects is most are short sighted, rather we should look next few decade when obviously population will rise so we should not sit with the same problem after few years

Believe it or not, i was also thinking like that but you have to understand that time has changed. Lahore is often called a city of gardens and shahbaz sharif has taken many initiatives to make lahore greener by planting thousands of trees, putting plant pots on the side of roads and flyovers. Dubai is indeed a very synthetic city and I didnt mean to disrespect lahore. I only meant to say that Dubai looks very modern and advanced and I wish Lahore would also look like that one day. I mean who doesnt want to see a crazy skyscraper like dubais?

Thats the point. Lahore is not supposed to become modern. Why can't you look at Rome ? We both have history and culture. But most importantly, we need to learn from them how they used their traditional architecture and created dense development. As much as i like roads as many, but i do not wish to see sprawl development like North America. There is absolutley no centre of Lahore and we must learn from Italians or other Europeans. Forms of transportation such as Metro, Trams, and Buses must also be learned. Its stupid to see overhead bridges. Just to cross over a few metres, you have to climb up and come down in the Lahore BRT. And the primary reason why it is considered is because of no culture of road signals. Why did they have to waste resources, waste money and most importantly make it so complicated ?
I like Shahbaz working hard, but he needs to make some sense...

rome-view-italy1-605x403.jpg

061215_romeStreets_hmed_12p.grid-6x2.jpg

The modernity/skyscraper stuff can go to Karachi (Sindh) Rawalpindi (Punjab) Quetta (Baluchistan) and Islamabad (Capital). They are financial capitals and there should be industrialization

Just leave the historic ones like: Lahore, Multan, Bhawalpur, Peshawar, Thatta etc alone. Their development should be more of reviving what they were know for. After thats done necessities like transportation, trees, etc should be added .

Back
Top Bottom