What's new

Infant survives live burial

Adux

Reaction score
Infant survives live burial

Friday, July 06, 2007
09:01 IST

Blog this story

Hyderabad: A newborn girl, buried alive by her family, has miraculously survived and is recovering in a hospital in Mahabubnagar district of Andhra Pradesh.

The two-day-old baby was rescued by a farmer on seeing her hand protruding from a pit in which she was buried by her maternal grandfather and his brother. The mother of the baby was also allegedly involved in the plot.

The girl was buried at a deserted place about a kilometre from Otkur village of Mahbubnagar district, about 170 km of Hyderabad, but was rescued by the farmer, who was going on his tractor to the field. Doctors were surprised as to how the girl survived despite being under the pit for three to four hours.

Police said that Abdul Raheem, the maternal grandfather of the girl, was feeling already burdened by his seven daughters including Mehrunnisa and fearing that he might not be able to take care of an eighth girl in the family decided to kill the baby.

He told police that the decision was taken with the consent of Mehrunnisa.

This is the first child of 21-year-old Mehrunnisa, whose husband Abdul Ghani, a native of Maharashtra had allegedly deserted her.

Mahabubnagar District Superintendent of Police Charu Sinha said that the baby was buried by Abdul Raheem and his brother Abdul Rasheed with the consent of the mother of the baby.

The police official said perhaps by struggling, the girl managed to bring her hand out of the ground that the farmer saw and rescued her.

Police have arrested Abdul Raheem and Abdul Rasheed and registered a case of attempt to murder against them. Mehrunnisa was also arrested and she may face the charge of abetting murder.

G Samuel, Superintendent of the Mahabubnagar district hospital, told IANS over phone that the condition of the baby was stable.

"She is very weak and weighs only 1.7 kg. She may have survived because of the holes in the pit," he said.

The baby is being shifted to government-run Niloufer Hospital in Hyderabad.

Generally live burials occur in Hinduism to appease the Gods. I feel this is one of those cultural effects considered acceptable to Inidan Muslims under the circumstances in India which is why the method was chosen.

What an idoitc post^^^^^^^^Reason I dont like this guy's crappy religionistic half knowledged posts!!!!

The man has to feed the kids!!! He is dirt poor and he doesnt have the money.!!!!! Its common practice in south asia to abhore girl kids, since they CANT work in the fields like the son. Poverty is any father's greatest enemy.

I really would like it know where it is written in the veda's, purana's, Gita Mahabarath, or Ramayan. That you should APPEASE god by live burials!!!

Generally live burials occur in Hinduism to appease the Gods. I feel this is one of those cultural effects considered acceptable to Inidan Muslims under the circumstances in India which is why the method was chosen.

wonderfooool!!!

Get a ******* life dude.

After trying a few antics in the thread I made for Neo he's come here to display his 'knowledge' of Hinduism. Pardon him for he knows not.

The parents of this child should be shot! Bastards living in stone age..

The female sex faces so much oppression and male domination in our countries that you two will have a life time of shooting at dicks and heads if you choose to kill those who disrespect the sacred feminine.

Can a country ever be great without respecting its women ?

i have been raised by a woman !!!! I kid you not she is as strong as any man i have met, if not stronger.

What an idoitc post^^^^^^^^Reason I dont like this guy's crappy religionistic half knowledged posts!!!!

The man has to feed the kids!!! He is dirt poor and he doesnt have the money.!!!!! Its common practice in south asia to abhore girl kids, since they CANT work in the fields like the son. Poverty is any father's greatest enemy.

Correction my friend. It is common practise in India aka Bharat to abhore girl kids.

Back
Top Bottom