What's new

Inevitably Chankya diplomacy has failed: India upset with China

Communist

Reaction score
India upset with China over Sri Lanka crisis - India - The Times of India

NEW DELHI: China's declaration of support for the Sri Lankan government against the LTTE, apart from sticking out like a sore thumb in the eyes of the world, has further fuelled India's mortal distrust of its largest and most powerful neighbour. While India has a much more nuanced position over the issue owing to its domestic compulsions, an unfettered China is supporting Colombo and, in the process, authenticating India's fear about Beijing extending its influence in the Indian Ocean.

According to government sources, Beijing's support to Colombo cannot be viewed in isolation because it follows a series of initiatives aimed at influencing the Sri Lankan government. These include selling huge quantities of arms to Colombo last year and boosting aid almost five times to $1 billion. In fact, China is now the largest donor to Lanka. Its Jian-7 fighter jets, anti-aircraft guns and JY-11 3D air surveillance radars played a key role in the Sri Lankan military successes.

China came to rescue of Colombo after the US stopped direct aid to Sri Lanka because of its dismal human rights record. What's worse, said strategic affairs expert Brahma Chellaney, Beijing has also roped in its ally Pakistan for providing military assistance to Lanka. Pakistan's own economy is in tatters, but it has increased its annual military assistance to Sri Lanka to $100 million at Beijing's behest. It is also well known that its air force trained its Sri Lankan counterpart in precision-guided attacks.

"The Chinese are courting Sri Lanka because of its location in the Indian Ocean -- a crucial international passageway for trade and oil. Chinese engineers are currently building a billion-dollar port in the country's southeast, Hambantota, and this is the latest `pearl' in China's strategy to control vital sea-lanes of communication between the Indian and Pacific Oceans by assembling a `string of pearls' in the form of listening posts, special naval arrangements and access to ports,'' said Chellaney.

The Chinese are building a highway, developing two power plants and putting up a new port in the hometown of President Mahinda Rajapakse. Delhi is also feeling hard done-by by Beijing's support to Colombo over the issue of LTTE because it believes China is driving home an unfair advantage it has over India in the crisis. "Unlike in our case, there is no moral dimension to the crisis for China. We have to think about the humanitarian situation and conditions after the offensive is over. There is no domestic compulsion for China but our involvement is much more intricate,'' said a source.

China, in fact, continues to aggressively pursue its strategic interests by building ports in the Indian Ocean rim, including in Pakistan, Bangladesh and Myanmar. According to Chellaney, Beijing has sought naval and commercial links with the Maldives, Seychelles, Mauritius and Madagascar. "However, none of the port-building projects it has bagged in recent years can match the strategic value of Hambantota,'' said Chellaney.

The article forgot to mention one thing, Chinese are guerrilla war experts, they can offer help on intelligence too.

Why is the title "Inevitably Chankya diplomacy has failed" ?

This is the kiss of the Dragon. China helped Sri Lanka to eliminate terrorism and it took a few months to get the stronghold of LTTE to be wiped out avoiding most of the civilian casualties. Now its just matter of few hours.

Thats why I always suggest the Indians, do not challenge the Dragon relying on low level Israeli technology and US financial help, otherwise all your prithvi-tithvi agni-magni will get destroyed before starting to work. Rather, settle all your land and water disputes, giving up US and Israel ties, and lets make a new Asian century so that the West will get jealous about the East. If India wants to get something, India must sacrifice something.

Let India decide her fortune or fate.

China does not care about what happens (aftermath) when thousands of civilians die, classical chinese immoral behavior. lets hope we don't have to add sri lanka to the luminous list of sudan, myanmar, north korea, zimbabwe, ******** etc etc...

I understand China is pursuing it's "String of Pearls" strategy by building major naval ports nearby key international and regional shipping and trading lanes/passageways, providing it great prowess in the Indian ocean. This counters and represses India's influence.

What I would like to see is Pakistan also be given access to the "String of Pearls". Pakistani Navy should engage in a massive build-up plan, in the future perhaps the biggest battlefield will be the Indian ocean. We ought to establish our own naval presence in the "String of Pearls".

In regards to India, India is facing a counter-strategy a challenge to it's dominance of the Indian ocean, most of it's naval bases are on Indian territories nowhere expansive and far-reaching, this provides limited reach in regards to Naval prowess.

Even a weaker Navy like Pakistan's can nullify (to an extent) the Indian Navy's prowess through an expansive access to the "String of Pearls" not to mention a massive build-up of Naval capability, with the help of the Chinese. This means Pakistani Navy can surround the Indian Navy.

Now in the "String of Pearls", let's not forget it is not only the Naval Crown of the Pakistani Navy but it the eyes and ears and a new base for the "Red Dragon" our trusted ally. The Indian Navy will think twice before it ever strikes or engages in combat at Gwadar or the surrounding areas, if it does strike, it will suffer the bite of the "Red Dragon"...

The Geo-Political axis in Asia today, favors India more than it does Pakistan for the time being, but this brilliant "String of Pearls" will prevail, and if Pakistan is to ever be a Great nation it ought to expand it's Naval Power and Projection.

This is the kiss of the Dragon. China helped Sri Lanka to eliminate terrorism and it took a few months to get the stronghold of LTTE to be wiped out avoiding most of the civilian casualties. Now its just matter of few hours.

Thats why I always suggest the Indians, do not challenge the Dragon relying on low level Israeli technology and US financial help, otherwise all your prithvi-tithvi agni-magni will get destroyed before starting to work. Rather, settle all your land and water disputes, giving up US and Israel ties, and lets make a new Asian century so that the West will get jealous about the East. If India wants to get something, India must sacrifice something.

wtf.. sare aam dhamki.. woh bhi kisi aur ke dum par kyon ki khud main toh koi buta hai hi nahin. i know u really hate indians but you have to be care ful coz future of india is bright and jungle main rahna hai sher se dosti kar leni chahiye.

I have already broken some Indian members' friendships. I do not need your pity. Never will I accept Indian members as friends. Not at all. I just hate.

Wise and nice comment.

low level israeli technology?
you really want the dragon kiss...i guess.
china benefits as much as india from the low level Israeli tech...ask your chinese friends...

Ya china has funding and is Widening its view wherever possible to play a major role in global issues and its good for china. :enjoy:

settle all your land and water disputes, giving up US and Israel ties, and lets make a new Asian century so that the West will get jealous about the East. If India wants to get something, India must sacrifice something.

Agree with that statement :agree:

Thats why I always suggest the Indians, do not challenge the Dragon relying on low level Israeli technology and US financial help, otherwise all your prithvi-tithvi agni-magni will get destroyed before starting to work.

But not this one. You can suggest what ever you want to. As far as challanging Chinese the so called Dragon :disagree: low level Israeli technology :rofl: man you cracked me and US financial help first check you side then talk. Who is depending on US financial help :disagree: :lol:.

Back
Top Bottom