What's new

India's uranium mines expose villages to radiation

Or govt should find places to setup these plants where there are no people at least within few km radius from the plant. And keep it restricted from letting civilians enter.

How can we shift the mine?? and processing plants are always located close to the mine anywhere in the world.

i know that place.... its pretty f*c*ed up... it has now really become a issue with the radiation... the land is contaminated and the underground water too...u cant just do agriculture...and as they are poor they have no where to go....this is dirty story behind shiny india....
this is the harsh truth .. poor pay the price for elite enjoyment....

Then why do they not accept a relocation plan that the government is funding?

Forget about relocation plan, few groups have even destroyed schools and hospitals the government had constructed for their benefit. In West Bengal I have seen something bizarre, the government constructed housings but the people refused to move in because they prefer to squat in open and don't like the idea of toilet inside their homes.

Article says that. The villagers work in the plant and they get only one uniform which they wash after coming from work in the pond which contaminate the water so I believe the authority is at fault here. They should take care of these things.

i know that place.... its pretty f*c*ed up... it has now really become a issue with the radiation... the land is contaminated and the underground water too...u cant just do agriculture...and as they are poor they have no where to go....this is dirty story behind shiny india....
True. The govt should relocate them to safer places, it's their responsibility, you can't deny everything by calling it a propaganda by the NGOs.

How can we shift the mine?? and processing plants are always located close to the mine anywhere in the world.
Well not in this case, then shift the people at least.

Forget about relocation plan, few groups have even destroyed schools and hospitals the government had constructed for their benefit. In West Bengal I have seen something bizarre, the government constructed housings but the people refused to move in because they prefer to squat in open and don't like the idea of toilet inside their homes.

Then let them face the consequences.

No need to waste money on those who will not listen.

Because if they are forced, then they will talk about how 'oppressed' they are.

Let them stay where they are but the mining shouldn't stop.

No where it is mentioned that govt have asked them to shift to other places.

In such cases, there is ALWAYS a relocation plan in India.

Greenpeace and its cronies are trying to enter into limelight again after their lies were exposed.

Nobody is asking the Govt not to mine. It's just that our mining ventures are woefully bad when it comes to caring about the environment or the people who are original inhabitants of the area. Almost Sovietesque in that sense.

I predict Another Greepeace BS in making. Most of disabilities are due to water contamination, the image below suggests neuro-toxicity due to excessive Fluoride in drinking water (stunted growth, deformed limbs). Uranium is being mined because Uranium was present already there and people were already exposed to the radiation.

0,,17730218_404,00.jpg

Have a look here. Many of the residents have exhibited 'classic' symptoms of long-term radiation exposure.

Chinky Shukla Photography

In such cases, there is ALWAYS a relocation plan in India.
Greenpeace and its cronies are trying to enter into limelight again after their lies were exposed.
How can you be so sure about this case?

Nobody is asking the Govt not to mine. It's just that our mining ventures are woefully bad when it comes to caring about the environment or the people who are original inhabitants of the area. Almost Sovietesque in that sense.

Have a look here. Many of the residents have exhibited 'classic' symptoms of long-term radiation exposure.

Chinky Shukla Photography

Those photographs prove nothing.

Those photographs prove nothing.

Yup. Such amateur efforts prove nothing. Perhaps BARC and IAEA can together commence a study to probe the veracity of said claims. If it's all smoke, might as well bury the issue for good with a comprehensive study.

Yup. Such amateur efforts prove nothing. Perhaps BARC and IAEA can together commence a study to probe the veracity of said claims. If it's all smoke, might as well bury the issue for good with a comprehensive study.

Exactly, why stop at photographs only? Why not file a PIL seeking detailed inquiry?

Hey. Let's not be a commie here. Remember development comes from tapping into resources. I also come from a simple background but if you see, these tribals are usually so adamant that they will neither accept re location nor they will accept compensation. They want everything free from the government and yet they won't make ways for government to earn money and give them that handout.

You tell me what to do?

We need energy and nuclear is the major way than coal or oil. Renewable is good but won't be enough for 125 crore Indians.

These people can be negotiated, asked and helped but if they are adamant, they have to be swept off.

China took harsh decisions, US took harsh decisions, Japan took harsh decisions and that is why they are developed.

If we keep a commie outlook even now, fir to ho chuka India developed.

How can you be so sure about this case?

Becuase such issues are so politically sensitive that they cannot have a fall back plan.

Remember, we are talking about resources that is owned by us. All rich resourceful lands are either in the hands of these obstinate tribals or in the hands of those sick crazy maoists. Where do we extract resources to become a developed nation?
The only way is to negotiate first with them and then if they don't listen, use force.

The neanderthal era has gone and people should come forward for development. Mining there will give jobs to people and let them earn money. This culture of freebies must die soon.

And mind you, I am also from a tribe ancestrally (Bhutia tribe). But we are not crazy megalomaniacs to stop development and give way to good change and progress.

Most of these tribal 'leaders' are nothing but leeches who raise noise to get what they want; pockets filled. Once a few of them 'vanish', they will tone down.

Hey. Let's not be a commie here. Remember development comes from tapping into resources. I also come from a simple background but if you see, these tribals are usually so adamant that they will neither accept re location nor they will accept compensation. They want everything free from the government and yet they won't make ways for government to earn money and give them that handout.

You tell me what to do?

We need energy and nuclear is the major way than coal or oil. Renewable is good but won't be enough for 125 crore Indians.

These people can be negotiated, asked and helped but if they are adamant, they have to be swept off.

China took harsh decisions, US took harsh decisions, Japan took harsh decisions and that is why they are developed.

Its not about being a commie, certain guidelines of disposal have been laid down the companies have to follow them strictly
Our development cannot be at the cost of death to others ?? can it ?

Its not about being a commie, certain guidelines of disposal have been laid down the companies have to follow them strictly

Off course guidelines need to be followed and our poor people must be protected, government must assist them when they are in need. But what will you do to people who are not ready to listen? Stop mining because they refuse to relocate and venture into hazardous zones?

Indiscriminate use of evil government and exploitative corporate theories cannot be allowed.

What about guidelines for tribals? I agree that the government must sternly deal with those who dumb toxic waste and poison innocent people in the way, but isn't it these people's responsibility to ask what is going on? Everything cannot be fed to them.

Off course guidelines need to be followed and our poor people must be protected, government must assist them when they are in need. But what will you do to people who are not ready to listen? Stop mining because they refuse to relocate and venture into hazardous zones?

Indiscriminate use of evil government and exploitative corporate theories cannot be allowed.
relocation is a different thing, again its people vs people let the court decide that, neither you nor me can decide it
The menace are these mining company who give a shit about rules, polluting drinking water and dumping dirt in open space, which they are suppose to dispose off.

What about guidelines for tribals? I agree that the government must sternly deal with those who dumb toxic waste and poison innocent people in the way, but isn't it these people's responsibility to ask what is going on? Everything cannot be fed to them.
we all know how the poor is treated in this country when it asks a question, all they can do i go around courts

Back
Top Bottom