What's new

India's Modi pledges defense procurement overhaul

You have no clue how they work . time will tell.
:woot::woot::woot:
And you have ???
How can you be sure that I don't have any clue ??? Just because you don't agree with what I say ???
My dear friend the word assumption is self-explanatory with key being first three words.

You stopped underlining midsentence. You should have underlined another five words in that sentence you quoted.

Yes, I know that civil servants work in the private sector after leaving govt service. But they work very differently. The system is different, the bureaucratic machinery does not exist in the pvt sector. (Which accounts for its efficiency.)

The govt bureaucracy in India, inherited from the British, abhors any change just as nature abhors a vacuum. It is not the fault of individual babus, but of the system itself.
No I didnt stopped. I wrote last 3 sentences for your five words. But you seem to happy blaming system. You are not entirely wrong but you are not 100% correct as well.

Lets see who can change or improve system ???
Is it in some top babu's hand ??? I can give you one example but cant write any names.
Do you know the digitalisation of all govt processes was proposed by some babu ??? More than decade ago ??? Do you know Who stopped the process saying we don't have enough trained personal to do so ??? It was a member of Core cabinet. In reality all the data is collected at district head quarter any way. 10 man team in every district head quarter can convert entire data and filing in digital format in 3/4 years and can maintain it in coming years. So about 6000/7000 men literate in operating computers is hard to find in India ???
Actual thing was and is ministers dont want the digital documentation of any process. It is will be very hard to miss any file.

But again the final blame goes to babus for red taping

Last edited:
:woot::woot::woot:
And you have ???
How can you be sure I dont have clue ???
My dear friend the word assumption is self-explanatory with key being first three words.

No I didnt stopped. I wrote last 3 sentences for your five words.
Yes mere bhai i do have a lot of experiences with govt officials and different ministries, hence i said .

Yes mere bhai i do have a lot of experiences with govt officials and different ministries, hence i said .
Then take a guess why I am arguing mere bhai :D that should be enough hint

You really do not know much about the bureaucrats of India than . i guess time will tell.

I KNOW, but what i say is that it's the LEADERS who take all the decisions & Bureaucrats are made the scapegoats. 2G decision taken by Raja while CBI files chargesheets against babus, u have defense procurement corruption by leaders & babus bear the brunt. How can they work smoothly in such an environment of fear when there each move can be used AGAINST them? You want quick Rafale deal (@Abingdonboy) but why will babus fasten it if there is CHANCE of the next govt. (just an assumption) launching an INQUIRY in some ALLEGED wrongdoings?

@Abingdonboy India is a nation where you are QUESTIONED not when you have delayed the process but when you have FASTEN the process.

I KNOW, but what i say is that it's the LEADERS who take all the decisions & Bureaucrats are made the scapegoats. 2G decision taken by Raja while CBI files chargesheets against babus, u have defense procurement corruption by leaders & babus bear the brunt. How can they work smoothly in such an environment of fear when there each move can be used AGAINST them? You want quick Rafale deal (@Abingdonboy) but why will babus fasten it if there is CHANCE of the next govt. (just an assumption) launching an INQUIRY in some ALLEGED wrongdoings?

@Abingdonboy India is a nation where you are QUESTIONED not when you have delayed the process but when you have FASTEN the process.
I know a District collector who had to face an enquiry for taking out some tonnes of grains from buffer stock for feeding the starving flood hit tribals.
Apparently its against norms to use buffer stock unless authorised by centre

Which ministry?
Lets keep it that way. This is no place to talk about it. If you ever come to Pune do tell me in advance.

I know a District collector who had to face an enquiry for taking out some tonnes of grains from buffer stock for feeding the starving flood hit tribals.
Apparently its against norms to use buffer stock unless authorised by centre

Lets keep it that way. This is no place to talk about it. If you ever come to Pune do tell me in advance.
I am in pune ever month . will be there on the 30 , lets meet up at georges on east street. :)

I am in pune ever month . will be there on the 30 , lets meet up at georges on east street. :)
East street ??? Name the area my friend I am not faimilar with most of road names ;)
You mean in KP ???

& clear vision.

Which is?

Modi said timely, cost-effective and corruption-free

That is no vision, that are not even any solutions he tries to give, that are only words that anybody knows. The important point however is how would he or BJP get there and for that there are hardly any clear points given so far. So just falling for words of politicians during election times, that don't present actual changes for the better (be it from worse to good, or for good to even better).

Apart from that, the article is so poor, it don't even worth disussing about it. The first line itself showed where the author comes from and that the topic is more fantasy, rather than reality.

Last edited:
Rubbish Pakistan wont do any sort of dialogue with this chap and his india. We will only deal with him in the one language he understands.
dont worry, there wont be any dialogues b/w India and pakistan, another thing, Modi is way too big for u to deal with, so do not overtax your energies

Rubbish Pakistan wont do any sort of dialogue with this chap and his india. We will only deal with him in the one language he understands.
I can guarantee you, your govt will be one of the first to congratulate him if he becomes PM, I will bet my house on it.

I can guarantee you, your govt will be one of the first to congratulate him if he becomes PM, I will bet my house on it.
Maybe but nawaz sharif as an individual may do that because of his personal interests. But the people who matter wont nor will entertain their government.

Maybe but nawaz sharif as an individual may do that because of his personal interests. But the people who matter wont nor will entertain their government.
i said the Govt of Pakistan and that is whom I was referring to. I don't think anyone is expecting the PA to congratulate Modi, have they publicly congratulated any world leader for being elected- ever? And if the GoP because of the PA are too proud/stubborn to not engage the GoI under Modi then more fool them, it will be to your nation's detriment if you show India the cold shoulder with Modi at the helm and I mean that.

You stopped underlining midsentence. You should have underlined another five words in that sentence you quoted.

Yes, I know that civil servants work in the private sector after leaving govt service. But they work very differently. The system is different, the bureaucratic machinery does not exist in the pvt sector. (Which accounts for its efficiency.)

The govt bureaucracy in India, inherited from the British, abhors any change just as nature abhors a vacuum. It is not the fault of individual babus, but of the system itself.

1) That has nothing to do with the topic, which is about reforming India's defence procurement policy. It is India's internal systemic matter, and we don't need to dialogue with Pakistan to overhaul our internal procedures.

2) What language is that? Are you saying Pak would use force against India after Modi becomes PM? Good luck, because you will need lots of it. It won't happen, because your generals are wiser than you - after 1971, they have not dared to attack India openly or in uniform. They fear their betters.
In the interview, Modi also said ties with arch rival Pakistan could not improve unless the country worked hard to stop militants from carrying out attacks on Indian soil.

"The first step in building any meaningful relationship with Pakistan has to be Pakistan taking effective and demonstrable action against the terror networks that operate from its soil."

"Once that happens, there will an increased trust between the two neighbors which will enable us to pursue a policy of dialogue to solve all the issues."

in-case u missed above mentioned lines.

You told me crap and I told you to cut it and come to the point.

If you insist that the crap is your point, then I'll have to dismiss you as a desperate troll trying to
get some attention by flinging mud on India's chosen leader. That's not good for you.

Because let me warn you, no one, nowhere in the world, not even UK/Europe, went without regretting that
and having to come to his terms, the hard way. The US may well follow suit.

Case in point, I'm sure Pakistan can never have a leader like India has Modi, so it's natural to try
and taint his image. All the Gandhis you mentioned, which cut Pakistan into half, have failed miserably trying
to do just that.

So you can see how much stronger Modi is, in proportion.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Look like you dont know that ex-bureaucrats are highest paid managers in many private firms in and out of India.

Almost everybody mistook the standard procedure of govt bussiness to attitude of Babu which is actually not the case. Following line is part of their job. writing that line is part of people's representative's job

Says who ??? You ???

And what if your side come to the dialog ??? You will eat your words ???
Will you accept you were wrong then ???

Your country is not known for something you are saying.I am avoiding the actual word cause it will insult your nationality and I am not like you
Let me repeat yr own words to u......Says who? U?

i said the Govt of Pakistan and that is whom I was referring to. I don't think anyone is expecting the PA to congratulate Modi, have they publicly congratulated any world leader for being elected- ever? And if the GoP because of the PA are too proud/stubborn to not engage the GoI under Modi then more fool them, it will be to your nation's detriment if you show India the cold shoulder with Modi at the helm and I mean that.
:rofl: Young man here is a word of advice..........dont use such big words if u have a very little idea of what is being discussed and what is the strength and weaknesses of concern parties. U yr ownself say yr just a British citizen not indian so why bother to interfere in something u know a little?

Last edited:
:rofl: Young man here is a word of advice..........dont use such big words if u have a very little idea of what is being discussed and what is the strength and weaknesses of concern parties. U yr ownself say yr just a British citizen not indian so why bother to interfere in something u know a little?
Sir, it would be better if you engaged in a conversation and told my why my ideas were wrong on merit and not just because they have come from a younger mind. As if no one outside India and Pakistan can comment what goes on in them or has a clue what goes on in them. I can expand on me assertions but first I would like you to tell me why I am incorrect in your opinion.

Back
Top Bottom