What's new

INDIA'S HIGH BUDGET FILM ENTHIRAN/ROBOT

@MODS . . Please dont take it as a spam. I open this thread as it is the biggest expensive movie in India. Paradon me if it was wrong:) Some interesting facts about the movie.

1. High BUDGET movie in India .

2. First science fiction movie in India cinema in this line

3. Second film after spider man to release in no of theaters world wide(2152)

4) Thambi you forgot to add Rajinikanth is the hero :cheers:...

Originally Posted by siegecrossbow
The poster reminds me of a mix between Terminator and Bicenntenial man.

Forget that poster see this one (not a poster but from the same movie)

aishwarya-robot-endhiran.jpeg

Directed by : S. Shankar

Writing credits (in alphabetical order)
S. Shankar screenplay
Sujatha original story

Cast (in credits order)

Rajnikanth ... Dr. Vasigaran / Chitthi

Aishwarya Rai ... Sana

Original Music by A.R. Rahman

Cinematography by R. Rathnavelu

Film Editing by Anthony

Costume Design by Mary E. Vogt

Makeup Department

Vance Hartwell .... special makeup effects artist
Allan B. Holt .... lab makeup effects

Second Unit Director or Assistant Director
Manoj Bharatiraaja .... first assistant director

Art Department
Sabu Cyril .... set designer
Maury Ruiz .... concept artist

Sound Department
Kyle Billingsley .... foley mixer
Jayesh Dhakan .... adr recordist
Mark Lanza .... sound effects editor
Tom Marks .... sound re-recording mixer
Rick Owens .... foley artist
Resul Pookutty .... sound designer
Kunal Rajan .... sound effects editor
Alex Ullrich .... foley artist

Visual Effects by
Adel Adili .... visual effects
Arun Kumar Akavaram .... lighting artist
Pete Draper .... visual effects
K.V. Hariharan .... senior compositor
Ramesh Karthikeyan .... senior compositor
Dondeti Koti Reddy .... lighting artist
Kumaran .... compositor
Chandran Lakshmanan .... digital compositor
Srinivas Mohan .... visual effects supervisor
Rajiv Raghunathan .... digital intermediate production head

Stunts
Yannick Ben .... stunt performer
Kenny Lo .... stunt double
Alex Martin .... assistant stunt coordinator
Alex Martin .... stunt double
Jean Charles Rousseau .... stunt performer
Woo-ping Yuen .... stunts

Editorial Department
Ken Metzker .... digital intermediate colorist

Music Department
Matt Dunkley .... conductor
Matt Dunkley .... orchestrator
A.R. Rahman .... musical director

Endhiran (2010)

the concept above Hollywood,i am sorry as far as i think they r only complimenting as,Indian movies r nowhere near Hollywood(we r atleast 3 decades behind in terms of Technology,themes and storylines)i am sorry to sat this(as u r a rajni fan)his movies r complete thrash,u can differ with this

Buddy not sure how you view rajni kanth... but for shankar there is always a standard.. atleast his thinking is better than all of the directors including amir khan

the concept above Hollywood,i am sorry as far as i think they r only complimenting as,Indian movies r nowhere near Hollywood(we r atleast 3 decades behind in terms of Technology,themes and storylines)i am sorry to sat this(as u r a rajni fan)his movies r complete thrash,u can differ with this

I agree with you on that standard of hollywood.

But dont tell his movies are trash:angry:

lsiten to the ever so humble Rajnikanth.... he is talking in english and hindi

Last edited by a moderator:
Please, no debates between Rajni fans and Rajni haters! I know where such discussions end up - I have seen enough!

2. First science fiction movie in India cinema in this line

I do not think this is the first science fiction movie in Indian cinema.

You can say this is a Tamil movie, but it is a simultaneous release in at least 3 languages to recover the budget.. Shankar movies are typically released in both Tamil & Telugu simultaneous release.

I have to say one thing though... Shankar is over-rated, but again I feel to appreciate that man, because unlike Bollywood marketing hype craps like Karan Johar & Rakesh Roshan, he takes original subjects and drives them to movie with sound technique.

In west people say good things about you and some take it seriously. In school for every student they say he/she is adorable do not think it is the case.

Buddy not sure how you view rajni kanth... but for shankar there is always a standard.. atleast his thinking is better than all of the directors including amir khan

see we Indians higly believe in numbers,both Bollywood and Tamil film industry in the past have claimed that they r only second to Hollywood and the number 1 in Asia,i have seen seen a nonsense article which claim enthiran to b the costliest in Asia,but we highly forget about the presence of Chinese and Japanese film industries r also present in Asia

how much evolved r actually our credentials,both the film industries is busy copying hollywood movies and stealing their storylines and themes at a time when even Hollywood is showing more than interest in Chinese and japanese movies and their stories

Movie like Avatar,Terminator and Jurassic park was not the result of 1 day,all this films were in pipeline for decades,they have to done intense research for this movies,avatar was in pipeline for more than 20 yrs,they even developed a completely new language for Pandora,and so much that we can have a big wiki article on that and what we do copy this movies overnight and claim we r in competition with Hollywood

i have heard many Indians bragging about how SRK is the biggest star in Asia and how his popularity exceeds that of a Hollywood star,but they forget that Jackie Chan and Jet Li also live in the same Asia with 3 times more popularity and more than considerable and noticeable presence and fan line up in Hollywood to which our industries think they r racing with

I agree with you on that standard of hollywood.

But dont tell his movies are trash:angry:

ok i am sorry

@ alex mercer. . . This enthiran script was developed by shanker for over 10 years. And you know stan éi倞ton studios who doing animatrics for this film even rejects some hollywood movies for containing bake script. Please watch the movie if you able. Then tell if it meet hollywood standard or not. Advanced thanks:)

see we Indians higly believe in numbers,both Bollywood and Tamil film industry in the past have claimed that they r only second to Hollywood and the number 1 in Asia,i have seen seen a nonsense article which claim enthiran to b the costliest in Asia,but we highly forget about the presence of Chinese and Japanese film industries r also present in Asia

how much evolved r actually our credentials,both the film industries is busy copying hollywood movies and stealing their storylines and themes at a time when even Hollywood is showing more than interest in Chinese and japanese movies and their stories

Movie like Avatar,Terminator and Jurassic park was not the result of 1 day,all this films were in pipeline for decades,they have to done intense research for this movies,avatar was in pipeline for more than 20 yrs,they even developed a completely new language for Pandora,and so much that we can have a big wiki article on that and what we do copy this movies overnight and claim we r in competition with Hollywood

i have heard many Indians bragging about how SRK is the biggest star in Asia and how his popularity exceeds that of a Hollywood star,but they forget that Jackie Chan and Jet Li also live in the same Asia with 3 times more popularity and more than considerable and noticeable presence and fan line up in Hollywood to which our industries think they r racing with

ok i am sorry

Will you give money for such research?? Buddy producers in India are borrowing money and making film unlike hollywood where they have surplus amount... Further hollywood movies are accepted world wide(it can be released in all the countries) .... but not same with indian movies atleast the viewership is considerably less for tamil movie(we can count the countries using your fingers).. we need to see the budget which is the constraint.. you cant be investing money on technology but you can definitely use that technology and for sure we will be the second one to use the technology compared to other countries .. For this we should thank shankar for his marvelous efforts...

And for copying scripts it is not a bad thing, if you can convey a good script in your native language... good things should reach every one because every one does not under the same language...

As for SRK, he is a competitive artist like jackie and li ... Every one have got there own talent... SRK has got his own talent which jackie nor lie cant exhibit... same goes to vice versa.... There ranks can change season to season.. and we cant say it would be wrong to brag him no 1... like if you score 1st rank in one term you are no 1 for the entire term..

Back
Top Bottom