What's new

India's ban on cotton exports unnerves Pakistani industry

Its a one off year due to the floods. Should be back to normal next year same time..

may be i mean lets hope so .........:devil:
am i the only one here who can c the picture
flood in pakistan which flows from india (where india has many dams) thus destroying cotton crop now india the second largest cotton producing nation bans the export (taking in acount that china of course the no 1 but cannt meet the current requirement of its export goods , all cottons from china will be gone in that )
indians politicians are now playing really smart if they are
mumbai attack was a damage to indian economy but in return we got pak accepting that terrorist were pakistani and tremendous pressure on pakistan
now lets think that zaid hami claims are true and india caused the flood in pakistan what damage we made there and best part is no external pressure well played india (if india played this card in hindi we say "saap bhi mar gaya lathi bhi nahee tootee") :cheers::sniper:

Von Hölle;1211830 said:
Exporting a finished product (ie textile or clothes) fetches much more moolah for the nation, than exporting the raw material itself.

plus we get more ppl working in textile mills:sniper::cheers:

And i am not...it would be good for the region if they do provide it however nothing will break loose if they don't....I just want to understand what poster meant when he referred to Land Transit viz-a-viz India...
When we deny something to India we get comments bad move, It will not help Pakistan, Pakistani Mentality.... Now India banned and he said "They should know they are dealing with enemy"...

When we deny something to India we get comments bad move, It will not help Pakistan, Pakistani Mentality.... Now India banned and he said "They should know they are dealing with enemy"...

What you have missed big time in your analogy is that this ban is not Pakistan specific...This ban applies to all the countries whom India used to export cotton....do you see the difference???

The analogy about Land transit is flawed and draws unnecessary trolling...Better fix your comment....B/W remember India economy is doing great...If Pakistan join the club it will be good for India but great for Pakistan...In short you should do what is good for you in pure economics term....However seems like biz in South Asia is running more on emotions than economics...

What you have missed big time in your analogy is that this ban is not Pakistan specific...This ban applies to all the countries whom India used to export cotton....do you see the difference???

The analogy about Land transit is flawed and draws unnecessary trolling...Better fix your comment....B/W remember India economy is doing great...If Pakistan join the club it will be good for India but great for Pakistan...In short you should do what is good for you in pure economics term....However seems like biz in South Asia is running more on emotions than economics...
Well then saying "we are dealing with enemy" when the ban is for all the countries doesn't make sense too.....

My comment is fine ....No need to fix that....Report it if you think its troll.

Well then saying "we are dealing with enemy" when the ban is for all the countries doesn't make sense too.....

our current inflation is very high. apart from cotton, there are curb on the export

of other things. It is not specific to pakistan.

I am not saying that you are trolling, so no need to report it...I am informing you about the flaw in your understanding and warning that this may cause trolling....You are free to take the advice or trash it...Looks like you have chosen the later, so good luck...

It is just business for Indian cotton growers and ginners.
Cotton prices reached at highest level in world market.

International cotton prices have increased almost continuously since April 2009. The rise in prices has been particularly steep since August 2010, according to International Cotton Advisory Commitee (ICAC). The Cotlook A Index reached 115.60 U.S. cents per pound on September 29, 2010, 80% higher than at the same date last year and the highest value reached since May 23, 1995.

Cotton prices surge to highest since 1995: ICAC - Commodities & Futures

Cotton crunch could push up apparel prices in 2011 - Sep. 9, 2010

Most of the orders from Pakistan was at rate of 75 cents per pound. In New York, ICE December cotton futures surged to a record high of 119.80 cents per pound, surpassing the previous record set in 1995. Later, cotton traded up 3.13 cents to 118 cents per pound.

Ginners want to make more profit now by exporting it to other countries. They had last 2-3 bad years because of global slowdown.

In India lobby of garment exporters is lobbying GOI to ban it by giving bigger picture of local demand so they will be more competitive in US and EU markets.

Back
Top Bottom