What's new

Indians never win

Touching the subject, without generalising, the other day, me and some guys after a game of squash were sitting in the gym cafeteria watching Olympics on the large screen, one of the locals remarked, "India and Pakistan being such a huge populace countries don't have much representation in the games let alone winning any medals". This is all the more astonishing since after hosting the CWG, India should have all the infrastructure in place. !!

see basically I have never even seen Pakistan even on the medal tally from the time I started watching Olympics so i dont basically understand why you are putting both the nation's on same plate, given we atleast we figure on the medal tally.

I am not comparing Indian team with Pakistan but you dont need to be concerned about Indian representation because things are heavily improving here.

you just need to figure out what your nation need to do to improve your infra and performance.

And by the way we had quite a good representation this time, near to 100.

Its all about money, the more money available for atheletes the better they perform.

Here's an alternative medal table, India did quite well for a lower middle income country.

2nuup9f.jpg

jfxm6u.jpg

Also total 47 Golds in Athletics
34 golds in swimming
18 golds in Gymnastic

No surprise why US is at the top because they are the best in first two sports where most golds are available so if a country want to win more golds in olympic then they should have to concentrate in sports where most golds are available :)

oh this is pathatic, well then how about answer my few questions
- What is the population of India??
- How many Medals India won this Olympic?
- What is the population of China??

get where i am going??
now give me your pathetic excuse!!
for a country of 1.5 billion whose fastest blower ever was as fast a Afridi, you are not build for sports

now really this is dumb for a citizen from a nation which never figures on medal tally.

we are not build for sports, even our female boxer is more than enough to punch your entire contingent out of the Olympics, by the way did any of your boxer qualified for this Olympics, pathetic.

just a contingent of 25 in which 20 belonged to the hockey team.

Just 5 individual participants, common we won more medal than it, seems you are not build for the sports, eh.
You are just build for cheer leading China,thats what you can do,lol.

^Is it hard for you Indians to ignore comments which are not good in taste ? sometime you have to ignore some posts instead of taking it to further level of stupidity

To summarize the thread:
Most Indians are happy about the performance of their team, but would like it to improve in future.
Most pakistanis are happy that Indians did not perform well, but china did.

^Is it hard for you Indians to ignore comments which are not good in taste. sometime you have to ignore some posts instead of taking it to further level of stupidity
14 pages not really a great score for this topic. :)

honestly I dont understand why we are comparing ourselves with pakistan...?
we are improving...good sign...these first medal winners will be remembered for pulling the interest of our nation out of usleless cricekt...funds will flow with sponsors and things will surely improve...

To summarize the thread:
Most Indians are happy about the performance of their team, but would like it to improve in future.

14 pages not really a great score for this topic. :)

trols topic always get great coverage..thanks to Ajtr..while serious topic always get in dust bin..we are creative in trolling

To summarize the thread:

I kinda agree with this assessment.

Indians are looking to the future and are trying to improve.

Pakistanis really need to stop getting their highs from China and actually try to improve in the Olympics.

Our Aim for Rio 2016, should be atleast 1 podium finish.

Also total 47 Golds in Athletics
34 golds in swimming
18 golds in Gymnastic

No surprise why US is at the top because they are the best in first two sports where most golds are available so if a country want to win more golds in olympic then they should have to concentrate in sports where most golds are available :)

True, and many of these sports are something in which only rich people/countries can participate. How many countries can afford an indoor velodrome, or yacht for sailing or venue for white water canoeing. I think India got its first indoor velodrome only in 2010 and if hadn't been for the CWG we probably wouldn't have got one at all.

There must be at least 50-60 gold medals in these "rich people events" where poorer country can't even think of participating.

oh this is pathatic, well then how about answer my few questions
- What is the population of India??
- How many Medals India won this Olympic?
- What is the population of China??

get where i am going??
now give me your pathetic excuse!!
for a country of 1.5 billion whose fastest blower ever was as fast a Afridi, you are not build for sports

well turkey has lesser population than you but still got gold....if population matter that much,where are you pathetic troll???:azn:

what about pakistan?... It is not even in the list [Medals Tally]... :fie:

Anyways, the honest answer IMO is we don't play many popular games of Olympics because they are not popular here... Hence... The result is as obvious.

I guess we need to expand and promote out sports expenditures to perform better.

Why is pakistan media so concerned of Indias performance in olympics.
We r improving with every olympics...Get over with ur obcession with india...
Just have a look at urself....UU got any medal?
Ur neighbor Afghanistan got one...what abt u?
This is sooo lame....:(

And most Indians were denying this exact behavior on another thread. :lol:

An Honest opinion : Is it really Shame of being nation of 1.3 billion and winning not a Single Gold?

First of all we must understand that Quality is not directly proportional to Quantity. Let me come up with a simple Example. Those who have seen the movie "Bol" directed by Mansoor khan remember the message of the movie. The Actress was having more sibling , while her neighbour had only two kids, One became doctor other got some good position..

Today the resources are less, if there are more ppl feeding them is a problem. Shushil Kumar family sacrificed there elder son career for him. They were not have enough resources to bring both son champion.

Why not follow china Model: Chines model looks beautiful from outside, but its horrible inside. Indian like to live in freedom, Unlike chinese Indians have lived in freedom (except 120 years of English). Indian state can not force its dictatorship on Indians, and Indians can not stay under state dictatorship.

So what we can do: We must follow Australian Model. After Sydney Olympic pathetic performance, Australians introspected. They came up with brolliant idea of Sports hostel. India is following the same model and We are having sports hostel in different part of country.

Two things must be remembered...
a) If one is trying (state or individual) the attempt must be honest.
b) There must not be corruption in something which bring pride to nation.

Interesting Map ;)

2012_Summer_Olympics_medal_map.png

Ohhh NOOoo,

Only Pakistan and bangladesh and african countries have ZERO medals.

while even Afghanistan has a medal.

But yes I am happy that India got 6 medals but still India has to go long way to realize its potential. Hope next time we get 12 medals.

Back
Top Bottom