What's new

Indians arrested for Facebook post on Mumbai shutdown

Dear doc, i think you are a very learned man, you should not take stand on this matter this is absolutely assassination of right to freedom of expression. the cos have no right to arrest the poor girl. and as for as thakre was realy a goon, and suffering from narcissistic mentality. if you turn 30 or 35 yer old mags and news paper you will find that he and sharad pawar were main patron of Daud ibrahim during his initial days. he even met javed minya dad who is father in-law of daud,s daughter. all his patriotic verbosity was for developing and maintaining a cult . an follower to rule the people.

Dear TB, I am not defending Balasaheb here.

Simply being pragmatic.

Along with being learned (debatable), I am sufficiently grizzled as well.

Seen my share of riots. And how they start.

Do not wish to see such again.

Not because a twit wants to act badass on friggin Face friggin Book.

Jay most Americans (the real ones) mind their business and do not pontificate.

I hope most Indians don't think that on an international forum, that people pontificating about world affairs,in the said websites world affairs section is a shock to them.

P.S the real Americans, did not get to be a superpower by pontificating about it's internal issues only. That's we have something called the sec of state and foreign service offices...

utter BS...... every one has the right to express their opinion........
shiv sena goons has to be arrested for this

I hope most Indians don't think that on an international forum, that people pontificating about world affairs,in the said websites world affairs section is a shock to them.

P.S the real Americans, did not get to be a superpower by pontificating about it's internal issues only. That's we have something called the sec of state and foreign service offices...

Sorry don't mind me man. Pontificate away. :tup:

The charges were dropped within hours and a probe has rightfully been called for. All's well that ends well...?

What's up with the McCarthyite branding over whose Indianness is Indian enough? This death has brought out the very worst in otherwise knowledgeable and perfectly rational people. That's what divisive politics do to you.

total joke :rofl:

indians have no moral high ground when speaking about pakistani terrorism, at least we comdemn them, but indians are hell bent on supporting bal thakrey

The ghost of Bal Thakre will keep haunting Mumbaikars for some time. We are eagerly waiting for the death of Shiv Sena. Until then no respite from this mara mar and thod phod

total joke :rofl:

indians have no moral high ground when speaking about pakistani terrorism, at least we comdemn them, but indians are hell bent on supporting bal thakrey

has UN or any major country declared bal thackeray a terrorist

Sigh!

You can comment man. All you want.

Just get your timing right.

It would not have been the first time someone had taken a dump on Balasaheb.

Only difference was he had just died.

There were 20,000 Mumbai Police and 40,000 Maharashtra Reserve Police out on the roads.

Patrolling a city of 20 million.

With over 2 million out on the roads.

Are we still debating armchair civil rights here?

Do you know what would have happened if this girl had posted under a Muslim ID?

Doc - Are we concluding here that the civil rights will stay on paper and will be called armchair civil rights while the hooligans will enforce their gunda rights? Is that how India will be defined as?

I know how a leader's death causes trouble even without someone uttering anything. Does that mean there should be pandering to these elements or when is that going to stop? 10 years from now? 20 years from now? or it will not stop?

Whats with the ret*rded questioning of each other's Indian-ness here?

F*ckin disgusting these Shiv Sainik pigs are. What happened to Freedom of Speech, which is supposed to be an integral part of the Indian Constitution. Or are we now in the business of practising Free Speech only when it suits your point of view?

Sorry don't mind me man. Pontificate away. :tup:

I otherwise really like your posts on this forum, but you are utterly lost on this issue...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom