What's new

Indian Space Capabilities

LVM3-X will have a crew module as payload(credit:antriksh@NSP)
index.php

62650_10151474339758224_1693077106_n.jpg

Condensation Clouds over PSLV in Flight

While watching the live coverage of PSLV / GSLV, the sudden formation of a cloud around the heat shield during the transonic and low supersonic regimes, might have aroused curiosity.

The clouds result from condensation, which denotes the formation of water droplets suspended in the atmosphere just like dew on the blades of grass. Condensation takes place when the local temperature becomes equal to or less than the dew point. In aircrafts and launch vehicles, the local flow aerodynamics causes reduction in local temperature leading to condensation

What is the territorial range of the IRNSS? And isn't S-200 in development and the SC 160 too- how much of the ULV have we realized so far?
IRNSS_COVERAGE.png

functional qualification test S-200 SRB has been complete,so i guess it is completed.SC 160 is a semi-cryogenic engine that uses staged combustion cycle to generation 2000KN.Check page 167 for its current status.
Parts status
S-200 SRB: developed
CE-20: 2017(targeted)
SCE-2000 2016(Targeted)
Building blocks of ULV are current in development so IMO,ULV 1st flight will occure in next decade.

Iam sure that ISRO 's missions are quite economical..
..but i seriously think the reporter missed adding one or two zeros at the end of the 50 crore figure

even In the same article the total cost of the manned flight was stated to be 10,000 crores....and a figure of 50 crore/year jus doesnt seem right ...

do u have any other source to verify the above article...?

Here's another albeit older article which madhavan nair says that the cost of the manned space mission will be between 10000-15000 crore ($2.2-$3.3 billion) over eight years

I would like to ask you one question.... What is the most important objective of ISRO?

Last edited by a moderator:
430530_10151477509648224_1055403258_n.jpg

Cryo Engine Hot Test
The cryogenic engine develops a thrust of 73 kN (vacuum) with a specific impulse of 454 s. The engine works on stage combustion cycle in the pump fed mode with an integrated turbo pump operating at 40,000 rpm. It is also equipped with two steering engines, each developing a thrust of 2 kN, to enable three axis stability of the launch vehicle during the mission. Another unique feature is the closed loop control of both thrust and mixture ratio which ensures optimum propellant management for the mission.

Source:ISRO FB

430530_10151477509648224_1055403258_n.jpg

Cryo Engine Hot Test
The cryogenic engine develops a thrust of 73 kN (vacuum) with a specific impulse of 454 s. The engine works on stage combustion cycle in the pump fed mode with an integrated turbo pump operating at 40,000 rpm. It is also equipped with two steering engines, each developing a thrust of 2 kN, to enable three axis stability of the launch vehicle during the mission. Another unique feature is the closed loop control of both thrust and mixture ratio which ensures optimum propellant management for the mission.

Source:ISRO FB

Can I borrow one to roast kukads/chicken/Murga?

:D No?........

:partay:YES!!!:cheers: under going testing. Is of same color, Saffron, (I hope I know colors:D) as in the cgi.

Back
Top Bottom