What's new

Indian-origin boy Sathwik Karnik wins National Geographic Bee contest

Abhishek_

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India

Washington: Indian-origin Sathwik Karnik has won National Geographic Bee 2013 contest after gruelling rounds testing his geographic knowledge about lions in Botswana, mountain ranges in Asia and port cities in England. To clinch the title, Karnik, 12, correctly named Chimborazo as the mountain in Ecuador that represents the farthest point from the Earth's center.

Karnik, a native of Norfolk, south of Boston, is a 7th grader at King Philip Regional Middle School. He will take home the spoils of the Bee prize that include a USD 25,000 college scholarship, an all-expenses paid trip to the Galapagos Islands, and a lifetime membership to the National Geographic Society, National Geographic reported. Competitors also get the chance to compete on behalf of the United States in an International geographic competition.

Nearly 5 million students started in the Geography Bee. After state and local competitions, those millions were whittled down to the top 54, and then the 10. Three of the finalists are siblings of former finalists including Karnik, whose brother has participated in the Bee. His parents emigrated to the US from near Mangalore, in 2002. Indian-American children have dominated both the geography bee and the Scripps National Spelling Bee in recent years.

2013 National Geographic Bee's Final Moments - YouTube

dont post these kind of threads.
he is an american now. not indian

"american" is a nationality, not a race. He may very well be a US citizen, but that doesn't change his ethnicity in the slightest.

does that means that your grandpa who was living in poland during 1930's before stealing palestinian land was not an israelite but polish?

2csb0pk.gif

Ok.. Lets put it this way, A HINDU boy won the contest. And people are like Hindus aren't intelligent..

Ok.. Lets put it this way, A HINDU boy won the contest. And people are like Hindus aren't intelligent..

he is a jain and not a hindu....

there is nothing such as an indian origin boy.....punjabis from india living in west identify them as people originating from indian punjab.

plus the word indian is not derived from indus valley.....cause there is no indus valley in north america and central america but the original people of that land are called indians.........indus valley is only in Pakistan.

now go take a hike.

Over the last 5-6 years Indians are totally destroying everyone in these competitions. Good to see that, but I want these kids to work for India when they grow up. Even if 10% of them decide to do something for their nation. It would be helpful.

Over the last 5-6 years Indians are totally destroying everyone in these competitions. Good to see that, but I want these kids to work for India when they grow up. Even if 10% of them decide to do something for their nation. I would be helpful.

Maybe you wanted to mean grateful. Were they taking help of internet to answer questions?

there is nothing such as an indian origin boy.....punjabis from india living in west identify them as people originating from indian punjab.

plus the word indian is not derived from indus valley.....cause there is no indus valley in north america and central america but the original people of that land are called indians.........indus valley is only in Pakistan.

now go take a hike.

Stop you Bull Sh*t here. Nonsense is what I see in the above post.

now go take a hike.

I dont know where you found out that he is a Jain. But i want to tell you that his Mother and His Father are born in India to Indian parents and then they had to move to US due to their Job and there he was born. are u tellling me that he was intelligent beccause he was born in USA??
He would have succeeded whether he was in USA or in India. So plz stop ur BS.

I dont know where you found out that he is a Jain. But i want to tell you that his Mother and His Father are born in India to Indian parents and then they had to move to US due to their Job and there he was born. are u tellling me that he was intelligent beccause he was born in USA??
He would have succeeded whether he was in USA or in India. So plz stop ur BS.

Where in India would he have gotten such opportunity?

Where in India would he have gotten such opportunity?

In India the standard of education in private schools(Especially CBSE) is of top notch. Our education system lags behind in only post graduate courses. He would have definitely excelled in life. He might not have participated in this competition but he would have definitely got his due.

now go take a hike.

:rofl::rofl:Why are you contradicting yourself in every other line.You drunk or something??

dont post these kind of threads.
he is an american now. not indian

He is Indian origin.In US his ethnicity will be recorded as Indian/South Asian, and that's a fact.

In India the standard of education in private schools(Especially CBSE) is of top notch. Our education system lags behind in only post graduate courses. He would have definitely excelled in life. He might not have participated in this competition but he would have definitely got his due.

He won $25, 000 there, if he had been in India, he and his parents would be struggling to get him to the states.

Back
Top Bottom