What's new

Indian Navy - The Never Ending Story

Bossman

Reaction score
Navy sacks officer for sending lewd text messages to women - The Times of India

Navy sacks officer for sending lewd text messages to women
TNN | Apr 16, 2013, 04.12 AM IST

The Navy has sacked another officer after court-martialling him for sending "unsolicited and lewd" text messages to several women, both in and out of the maritime force. .

NEW DELHI: The Navy has sacked another officer after court-martialling him for sending "unsolicited and lewd" text messages to several women, both in and out of the maritime force.

Commander R V Desai, posted on board aircraft carrierINS Viraat, faced a court-martial in February after the victims lodged complaints at the Western Naval Command at Mumbai, and subsequent investigations showed the officer had been using multiple mobile phones to harass them.

"The officer's mobile phones were tracked for three-four months before he was arraigned for the court martial. He was dismissed from service after the court martial held him guilty. We take swift stringent action for any act of corruption, moral turpitude or conduct unbecoming an officer," said an officer.

This comes shortly after defence minister A K Antony, based on the recommendation of the Navy HQ, approved the dismissal of another officer found guilty of having illicit relations with his senior's wife, which in military parlance is called "stealing the affections of a brother officer's wife".

The Navy, however, is steadfast that "no merit has been found in the allegations" levelled by an officer's wife recently about being molested by her husband's seniors at the Kochi naval station. Antony, on his part, has held that anyone found guilty in the case will be severely punished.

Good job by the Indian Navy.

"The officer's mobile phones were tracked for three-four months before he was arraigned for the court martial. He was dismissed from service after the court martial held him guilty. We take swift stringent action for any act of corruption, moral turpitude or conduct unbecoming an officer," said an officer.

Nothing more to discuss.

Good fed up with these scum defaming the proper soldiers,purge all.

I am proud of our media [sometimes!] because they never let these incidents be covered up and also our armed forces,who deliver justice to the victims no matter what.

The general rule of the thumb is that less than 10% of such cases become public and are prosecuted. The sheer number of such stories coming out of Indian Military suggests deep rooted discipline issues. I think you guys have your heads in the sand.

I thinks mods should create a sticky thread for such stories about Indian Military. Gosh do they not given leaves to visit their wives at least once in a month or does this "Sexual Perverseness" has something to do with the kind of media Indians are watching. I remember back in 80's there was a movie "Insaaf ka Tarazoo". In that movie Zeenat Aman was the heroine and it was a bold movie about the rape topic. It was widely criticized then as such things tends to have negative effects more as compared to positive one. When your topic becomes sex and glamor from all the way to movies to TV reality shows to vulgar item numbers, such incidents will rise even in a traditional eastern society like India. I really dont care what Indians do or do not but your movies are effecting Pakistani youth also which is my concern.

The general rule of the thumb is that less than 10% of such cases become public and are prosecuted. The sheer number of such stories coming out of Indian Military suggests deep rooted discipline issues. I think you guys have your heads in the sand.

That may be the general rule of thumb in your country, but not in India. Every single incident is brought in the open, because the armed forces do not operate in secrecy, except where operational matters are concerned. The media also freely reports every incident, big or small.

I thinks mods should create a sticky thread for such stories about Indian Military. Gosh do they not given leaves to visit their wives at least once in a month or does this "Sexual Perverseness" has something to do with the kind of media Indians are watching. I remember back in 80's there was a movie "Insaaf ka Tarazoo". In that movie Zeenat Aman was the heroine and it was a bold movie about the rape topic. It was widely criticized then as such things tends to have negative effects more as compared to positive one. When your topic becomes sex and glamor from all the way to movies to TV reality shows to vulgar item numbers, such incidents will rise even in a traditional eastern society like India. I really dont care what Indians do or do not but your movies are effecting Pakistani youth also which is my concern.

You do realize that PA has an unrivaled record in this area, from bengal in 1971 to balochistan today? a lot of stories come out despite the iron grip PA has over the media there. they deserve a sticky topic more than anyone else

Our Actions Clearly Demonstrate our Resolve, we spend Crores on Training, But when it comes to Integrity an Iota OF Disobedience is NOT Tolerated.

This Message coming frm a Pakistani is Biggest MOCKEY of ALL Ages.

This seems like a non issue. Sure discipline is important, but these are men, not eunuchs.

As long as they don't rape, do something too creepy or results in something serious who cares.

They are built to be fighting machines not saints.

They should be worried about the enemies behind the bush not the camera behind the bush.

What people are forgetting here is that at the end of the day these officer comes from the society only and all of us know the condition women in sub continent....

What people are forgetting here is that at the end of the day these officer comes from the society only and all of us know the condition women in sub continent....

Entire society doesn't undergo the training the military does. Nor do all members of society make an oath to protect other citizens.

This seems like a non issue. Sure discipline is important, but these are men, not eunuchs.

As long as they don't rape, do something too creepy or results in something serious who cares.

They are built to be fighting machines not saints.

They should be worried about the enemies behind the bush not the camera behind the bush.

They are men, and they may have consentual relations with women in their private time. But harrassing and stalking women is a no-no. It's not as big a crime as rape, but it is still a crime. And in the armed forces, there is no place for people who do such things. I'm glad the Indian Navy gave him a dishonourable discharge. Self discipline is important for soldiers. The armed forces has always valued discipline and integrity, and that should not change.

When people are jealous of you, know that you are prospering...Thats a never ending story.

Back
Top Bottom