What's new

Indian Navy For 5 More Fleet Tankers

sudhir007

Reaction score
Livefist: Indian Navy For 5 More Fleet Tankers

The Indian Navy has announced interest in acquiring five new fleet support ships under the 'global buy'' category. The Navy has stipulated it requires ships with displacement of 40,000 tons in fully loaded condition, 200-metres long and a maximum beam of 25-metres. The Navy also requires its new ships to be capable of speeds "not less than 20 knots of maximum continuous speed, at ambient temperatures upto 40 deg C, in the fully laden condition upto Sea State 3 and while less than six months out of dock". With a projected complement of 190 sailors and 24 officers, the ship will need to handle one multi-role helicopter.

http://www.tenders.gov.in/viewtenddoc.asp?tid=del559005&wno=1&td=TD

FIVE and that too of 40,000 ton displacement ????
Did I read it correct ??
I don't think then we will need any nuclear carrier for at least two decades.

Did I read it correct ??

agree with you, may be some one made the idea after racking his head at one night

Did I read it correct ??

What you read is correct, around 27000 dry weight, 40000 full load.

IN is smartly planning ahead of time by 2020 IN will be top 4 navy in the world. :butcher:

This RFI is issued under DPP-2011.
Are these fleet tankers going to be made indian or in foreign shipyard.?

agree with you, may be some one made the idea after racking his head at one night

Its India we don't follow what they do in china.

This RFI is issued under DPP-2011.
Are these fleet tankers going to be made indian or in foreign shipyard.?

If you read carefully you will get your answer:

1. The 'global buy'' category.

2. Displacement of 40,000 tons.

What you read is correct, around 27000 dry weight, 40000 full load.

No dry weight would be less since these tankers can carry 22500 tons of fuel,1000 tons of fresh water, 1400 tons of feed water ie nearly 25000 tons of fluid.

hiring tanker when need is more efficient as US and other countries do, keeping five big tankers waste more fund;
China army signed hire agreements with one company for 8 military and civilian use ro-ro ships(36000tons per)for priority use rights;

whats the difference between a fleet tanker, a destroyer and a frigate??

hiring tanker when need is more efficient as US and other countries do, keeping five big tankers waste more fund;
China army signed hire agreements with one company for 8 military and civilian use ro-ro ships(36000tons per)for priority use rights;

We too have similar arrangements with merchant ships.

No dry weight would be less since these tankers can carry 22500 tons of fuel,1000 tons of fresh water, 1400 tons of feed water ie nearly 25000 tons of fluid.

Yes, that is correct calculation..

Back
Top Bottom