What's new

Indian Mission In Congo Attacked, 3 Jawans killed, 6 Critical, 2 Indian Army Weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpArK

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
*Flash* : Indian Mission In Congo Attacked, 3 Jawans killed, 6 Critical, 2 Indian Army Weapons Taken By Congo Cadres !

Today early morning the COB (company operating base) at Kirumba in North Kivu province in eastern Congo was approached by five innocent looking civilians at approximately. Indian army jawans, Hav Omkar Singh and NK Narender Kumar moved towards them to ascertain details. As Hav Omkar approached the civilians, he was attacked by one of the civilians with a spear and simultaneously other cadres, approximately 55 to 60 persons hiding in the nearby jungles, barged in to the post from all directions and attacked with machetes, spears, and other rudimentary weapons.

Indian troops reacted and got in hand to hand fight with the cadres, who fled on sensing the reaction, in the cover of darkness. Six Indian jawans are critically injured and are being treated at Level-1 hospital, three have been killed and two Indian army weapons have been taken away by the cadres.

Congo: 3 Indian soldiers killed by armed rebels

Congo: Three Indian soldiers who are a part of India's peacekeeping mission in Congo have been killed, and another seven have been injured, after an ambush by rebels.

Early reports suggest a group of six civilians approached the soldiers' base in the Kiurmba area and distracted the guard by engaging in conversation with him. Nearly 60 armed rebels then attacked.

The soldiers belong to 19 Kumaon, which is part of India's peacekeeping mission in Congo.

Read more at: Congo: 3 Indian soldiers killed by armed rebels

May the dead rest in peace and the injured recover quickly.

We often commend those who lay down their life for the country, but the sacrifice of those who go abroad and risk their lives to help others is just as noble. It shows the commitment we have as a nation towards helping others.

Jai Hind!

3 Indian UN peacekeepers Killed in DR Congo

KINSHASA, Aug 18, 2010 - Suspected rebels hacked to death three Indian UN peacekeepers in their camp in Kirumba, in the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, the army said Wednesday.

"A group of FDLR (Democratic Forces for the Liberation of Rwanda) or Mai-Mai (Congolese militia) penetrated the camp at Kirumba," General Vainqueur Mayala, commander of the 8th military region of the DR Congo army, told AFP.

"They did not use firearms, but penknives and machetes, and they killed three Indians and critically injured another three," the general added, reached by telephone from Kinshasa.

The victims all served with the United Nations' Organisation for Stabilisation in Democratic Republic of Congo, abbreviated to MONUSCO.

MONUSCO's spokesman Madnodje Mounoubai could not be immediately reached to confirm the attack.

The mission, earlier known by its French acronym MONUC, has been present in DR Congo since late 1999 and its new mandate to consolidate peace runs until June 30 next year.

Kirumba is around 140 kilometres (85 miles) north of Goma, capital of the volatile Nord-Kivu province.

RIP to these great souls .... hope this type of incidents not happend again

we are not there for just of our sake but for interest of larger society,UN.
generally UN soldiers keep them self neutral of both parties. so they are rarely targeted by rebels but you cant tell whats in there mind.
may the dead RIP.
plz keep pakistan out of context ,don't feed troll just report it .........

Well that's one of the danger you have to accept when operating in War Zone.

I think india should close her missions every where in world they are biggest terrorist and when people of that country cant take it any more they attack these terrorist missions ....

Before I delete this, I have one question for Indians, and especially RobbieS - will Indian posters stop referring to Pakistan supporting terrorism and being a terrorist State?

Because if the answer is no, why on earth should I treat this comment any differently and delete it?

^^ OHH the state terrorism by terrorist state of India......Supporting terrorist group in Bangladesh.....

Before I delete this, I have one question for Indians, and especially RobbieS - will Indian posters stop referring to Pakistan supporting terrorism and being a terrorist State?

Because if the answer is no, why on earth should I treat this comment any differently and delete it?
sir , pls see the heading of the thread. do you think his comments are appropriate? we already have so many threads for that to do this kind of bashing.

sir , pls see the heading of the thread. do you think his comments are appropriate? we already have so many threads for that to do this kind of bashing.

But Indians don't limit their comments about Pakistan and terrorism to one thread either.

My point is that people need to come to an agreement on both sides - don't bash Pakistan and then report posts when a Pakistani does the same to India.

Can we make a rule that calling some one terrorist without proof lead to ban.....

But Indians don't limit their comments about Pakistan and terrorism to one thread either.

My point is that people need to come to an agreement on both sides - don't bash Pakistan and then report posts when a Pakistani does the same to India.
he was the instigator, so it is right to report about him. he single handedly derailed the whole thread. since, u are the administrator, u have all the power to delete all the flaming post. how long we can continue with tit for tat attitude ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom