What's new

Indian companies robbing millions from Bangladesh

Foreign companies will always try to rob you,question is why do you allow it?
So instead of accusing others,we should clean our home first.

All these Maruti800s filling the streets because the authority allowed it to.Why didn't the Anti-India(?) BNP govt. stop this back then?Because they had their share in it.

Now about TATA,well TATA buses and trucks are running well.In fact TATA buses which are used in Dhaka,is way better than Chinese buses,which break down so often.That's from my personal experience of commuting from one end to the other end of Dhaka regularly.

I saw somewhere in pak forum that Pakistani drivers demanded import of Tata / Ashok leyland buses. So it's just wrong selection rather then saying it junk.

Again, 800cc is not for Commercial, its just home made. It has been best until Suzuki itself stopped producing this product.

The Maruti Suzuki 800 marketed in India is Sold as Suzuki Alto in Chinese Market. Its manufactured in JV with Changan Automobiles. There are many cheap knock-off's of this model in the market too.
This is bascially a entry level, subcompact, ultra cheap, fuel efficient family car designed for developing countries. This is a mass produced car meant for the masses where quantity matters more than quality manufactured cheapely. Its not meant to be used as Taxicab wherein its used for rugged applications.

Foreign companies will always try to rob you,question is why do you allow it?
So instead of accusing others,we should clean our home first.

I agree with you on this. Crying won't help. Our politican sold their soul to special interest and bd's consumer are equally stupid to buy this Bharati crap. If we stop buying this garbage than it will lose the market otherwise will contune dumping bd's market with such worthless product.

We must also keep this point in mind that Bharat is our sworn enemey thus why are we contributing to enemy's economy?

Last edited:
sir i would like to get a few things straight ..

1. the car as mentioned above has never been used as a taxi in the host country (india) so why was it taken as a cab in bangladesh ..?

2.before inducting any vehicles for mass transport a good network of servicablity needs has to be achieved.....but it seems that this was kept in the side burner.

3. comparision of an entry level vehicle with a sedan..is to say the least impractical and to naive..

4. if there is a comparison between vehicle plying in japan and bangladesh then there should rather also be a comparision on the road condition and service outlets ...as a vehicle to depends on the condition it plying in..

A agree with you on this. Crying won't help. Our politican sold their soul to special interest and bd's consumer are equally stupid to buy this Bharati crap. If we stop buying this garbage than it will lose the market otherwise will contune dumping bd's market with such worthless product.

We must also keep this point in mind that Bharat is our sworn enemey thus why are we contributiong to enemy's economy?

Your venom is not worth responding to. But since you insist on calling us enemy, let me clarify a few things.

First, if you understand the law of supply and demand, maybe you can question your government as to the alternatives available at the price you bought respective indian cars. Or maybe you can request your government to PRODUCE quality cars themselves.

Second, In your infinite wisdom, are you suggesting all consumer goods imports were done by BD government ? you don't have any firms importing goods ? .. if so, obviously they will only import stuff which is economical or which fetches higher profits. If you are seeing any indian consumer goods in your market, its probably because it was cheap. You have your alternatives and you selected one.

Read this : South Asia - Bangladesh, India Trade

Third, My stupid government has offered your country certain economic concession's for your export's. That is , my taxes go to pay for this deficit so that your economy improves. It is me who should be complaining about contributing to your economy.

Your venom is not worth responding to. But since you insist on calling us enemy, let me clarify a few things.

First, if you understand the law of supply and demand, maybe you can question your government as to the alternatives available at the price you bought respective indian cars. Or maybe you can request your government to PRODUCE quality cars themselves.

Second, In your infinite wisdom, are you suggesting all consumer goods imports were done by BD government ? you don't have any firms importing goods ? .. if so, obviously they will only import stuff which is economical or which fetches higher profits. If you are seeing any indian consumer goods in your market, its probably because it was cheap. You have your alternatives and you selected one.

Read this : South Asia - Bangladesh, India Trade

Third, My stupid government has offered your country certain economic concession's for your export's. That is , my taxes go to pay for this deficit so that your economy improves. It is me who should be complaining about contributing to your economy.

I don't think our speeches can ever improve their real mind towards to Indians or India. They have just set back the status of the India and its hard to influence. So no need of such truth to be shown.

P.S. Please understand, even many companies which are Indian, robs many middle or poor class people. But as usual its consumer's fault to purchase from that company.

I don't think our speeches can ever improve their real mind towards to Indians or India. They have just set back the status of the India and its hard to influence. So no need of such truth to be shown.
Did not get you here!

P.S. Please understand, even many companies which are Indian, robs many middle or poor class people. But as usual its consumer's fault to purchase from that company.

Its demand and supply, sir.

A agree with you on this. Crying won't help. Our politican sold their soul to special interest and bd's consumer are equally stupid to buy this Bharati crap.
In a single sentence you quoted your leaders to be soulless and your fellow countrymen stupid... Had I done the same, my a** would be banned before you could say Maruti. I disagree strongly on this one. Bangladeshis are not stupid. Bangladesh has given us some of the sharpest minds. If you want to debate further count me on for it. And when you say stupid Bangladeshis, do you count your fellow forum members from the region??

If we stop buying this garbage than it will lose the market otherwise will contune dumping bd's market with such worthless product.

We must also keep this point in mind that Bharat is our sworn enemey thus why are we contributing to enemy's economy?
You are buying because it is the cheapest car available in market. I see a great potential for nano as well. With a highly populated lower middle class, I think Nano will be a block buster in Bangladesh.

About India being a "sworn enemy", I'd love to see some transcripts / videos of the swearing in ceremony. We are your (I am refering to resident bangladeshis, whom you beleive to be so "Stupid") closest neighbour and major trade partner. I see the automobile sector enhancing th relationship.

Hi All,

I am seeing that this particular thread is just an Anti India propaganda and nothing short of it.

And my gullible dear Indian brothers are trying to make points and actually argue on a notion as stupid as this.

I think this needs a breather...

My two cents:

a) Maruti Suzuki 800 the indegenous passenger car model launched in the mid 1980 is unarguably:

1) The best small car in that segment, not over the last few years, but well over two decades. It is strong, robust, eco-friendly, fuel-economic passenger car ever conceptualized and designed in India.

2) So much so that it has completely revolutionised and changed the character of Indian middle class car owner. It has been the dream car for MILLIONS OF INDIANS, PARTICLURLY THE MIDDLE CLASSES. For well over two decades it has remianed the dream car of the Indian middle class psyche and has enjoyed continued patronage even after the massive Economic Liberalization initatives of the Congress govt in the 1990s.

3) It has managed to give tremedous service, particularly in view of the fact that the roadways infrastructure is not the best in the world. The tyres and fuel economy has just been outstanding.

4) I have driven 75000 kms on my Sweetheart for over 8 years in Calcutta and Delhi and it has afforded me so little in terms of maintenance that those 8 years I did not even think of any other car....

5) It is a 796cc engine 5 speed manual gear car (of course we have had a lot of modifications since the first model was launched by Sanjay Gandhi), but it was very late, I think a couple of years back MSIL announced that it is stopping production of the car completely

6) It was never to be nor it can ever be compared to Toyotas or Hyundais or even the Maruti Suzuki models on Indian roads these days.

7) Meant to turn dream into reality for the Indian middle class TO ACTUALLY STOP DREAMING OF A PERSONAL CAR AND HAVE IT...AND ENJOY IT...

8) NEVER MEANT TO FERRY PASSENGERS LIKE A CAB/TAXI EVER ...EVEN IN THE WILDEST DREAMS OF MSIL CHAIRMAN/MD.

9) iT HAS GIVEN ITS DUE TO THE INDIAN MASSES FOR 25 YEARS AND HAS BEEN SHELVED.

10) MEMBERS FROM OUR EASTERN SIDE WHO ARE CRYING HOARSE FOR TOYOTA MADE CARS, HAVE PROBABLY FORGOTTEN THE DIFFERENCE IN PRICES OF THE CARS.

11) IF TOYOTA TAXIS MAKE ECONOMIC SENSE PLEASE GET THEM FOR YOUR ROADS, NO ONES GONNA STOP YOU ..AFTER ALL IT IS YOUR MONEY ..NOT OURS...

Thanks a lot

We should invest on making our own car for our market instead of buying Bharati crap. They are selling this junk cheper to us because they don't want to lose the market. If we are smart than we should think alternative and invest heavily to develop our automobile idnustry. Pakistan already got it, so why can't we. We have rising middle class than what's the hold up?

I am calling my people stupid for a reason and all bhartis are going nut.....Funny

Last edited:
We should invest on making our own car for our market instead of buying Bharati crap. They are selling this junk cheper to us because they don't want to lose the market.
Zakir, as of now i will excuse your ignorance . I'm repeating, its buyers and sellers market. Or supply and demand. Nothing in this world is "Crap". You get what you spend for. Dont generalize by calling "Bharati Crap". If you believe Maruti 800 is not worth the price tag, say so. Quit generalizing, considering we have a thriving auto industry and you don't!!

If we are smart than we should think alternative and invest heavily to develop our automobile idnustry. Pakistan alrdeay got it, so why can't we. We have rising middle class than what the hold up?
Well to start with, the gestation period period in this industry is quite high. But yes, you can collaborate and start afresh.

It was the Murshid Khan/Nazmul Huda/Matlub and Saifur Rahman gangue of BNP led governement who allowed this small school car could be used as Taxi cab only to pocket billions. Saifur Rahman not only allowed this but also applied huge taxes on Japanese reconditioned car so that Indian cars could make its way into BD market.

To all fellow Indians here,

Can't you guys realize that all these "Bangladeshis" here are nothing but trolls? Stop paying attention to them.

And the reason why Indian companies export junk to Bangladesh is because Bangladeshis can only afford junk. You get what you pay for.

Why won't these people buy Hyundai i10 and i20 and Maruti A-Star which are designed and manufactured solely in India? Because they don't have the aukad to buy them.

And lol.. even lower-class Indians don't buy Maruti 800 nowadays. Maruti 800 is now one of the least popular models of Maruti Udyog -- out of 71,779 vehicles Maruti sold in Jan 2009, only 5571 were Maruti 800. (Source: Carwale.com) And since Maruti couldn't find a market for its junk in India, it found easy fools in neighboring Bangladesh.

And seriously, as I mentioned before, I could not find any credible news outlet discussing this issue. Unless these "Bangladeshis" can provide additional sources, we should treat this as nothing else but false crap.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom