What's new

Indian BJP leader asks Nawaz to save Geo Television

somnath

Reaction score
Country
India
NEW DELHI: India’s former external affairs minister and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Yashwant Sinha has called upon Pakistan’s Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to save GEO TV from a complete closure.

According to Indian media, he made this demand in a letter to PM Nawaz Sharif while voicing support for Pakistan’s attacked journalist Hamid Mir.

Sinha also described the move as a “backward and retrograde step” decision by the Inter Services Intelligence (ISI) and Pakistan’s Defence Ministry to cancel Geo TV’s licence.

Pakistan’s Geo Television is facing a legal battle with country’s top agency ISI after the channel broadcasted a news suspecting ISI chief of an assassination attempt on its journalist and anchor Hamid Mir.

Indian BJP leader Yashwant Sinha asks Pakistan PM Nawaz to save Geo Television | The News Tribe

Now the face behind conspiracy is revealed. Geo is funded by India. Hamid Mir has got Indian passport.

New Delhi: Against the backdrop of alleged involvement of ISI in the gun attack at Pakistani journalist Hamid Mir, BJP leader Yashwant Sinha on Friday urged Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to "restrain" the spy agency from taking punitive step against the private TV channel where Mir works.

Criticising the Pakistan Defence Ministry's move to withdraw the license given to Geo TV, Sinha said in a letter to Sharif that it will be a highly "vindictive and retrograde" step.

"We in India greatly appreciate the role of media and the judiciary in the reestablishment of democracy in Pakistan. You yourself are a product of this movement. It will be extremely unfortunate, therefore, if harm comes to Mir under your watch.

"I am sure you will continue to support the freedom of press in Pakistan and restrain your government including the ISI from taking any punitive action against the Geo TV. I am sure you will also order a fair and impartial inquiry into this whole episode," Sinha told Sharif.

Yashwant Sinha asks Pak PM to `restrain` ISI from action against Geo TV

This is only going to add fuel to the fire, if true. btw.. I'm keen to know which bharti tv reported this? or...... :cheesy:

Create more confusion. Pakistani's usually do the reverse of what is asked of them. :D
Basically ARY has an axe to grind with Geo.. & am not surprised if this is a sort of hit & run report! If there was any report of such kind in Indian tv channels, they would have showed that clip or named that tv channel.

Zee News ............
any clips?

Basically ARY has an axe to grind with Geo.. & am not surprised if this is a sort of hit & run report! If there was any report of such kind in Indian tv channels, they would have showed that clip or named that tv channel.

any clips?

I posted website link of Zee News in post # 3 ..........

any clips?

ARY is ISI / PA's propaganda channel, I am not surprised if Yashwant Sinha actually wrote a letter to Nawaz - it's always nice to point out their mistakes and assure him of support in his fight against the military establishment or at least tell him that he is on the right track. ;)

ARY is ISI / PA's propaganda channel, I am not surprised if Yashwant Sinha actually wrote a letter to Nawaz - it's always nice to point out their mistakes and assure him of support in his fight against the military establishment or at least tell him that he is on the right track. ;)

Hahahaha advice to betterment of Pakistan ... Very good dude .............

This is actually nexus of India+Geo+NS .............

Back
Top Bottom