What's new

India working to make Bangladesh a desert

People have we never heard the word tongue-in-cheek? Apply it to the second paragraph of my comment and take a deep breath.

I enjoy pi*****g of the Indian here. Let me have my fun for once.

Sure. Any member saying something similar about Pak or B'desh would have gotten the boot long before he could come back and clarify his saintly intentions.

I endorse and second your proposal. We must build a strategic alliance to neutralize the ill effects India is causing in the region and if necessary punch back when the need arises. India's mood for a real fight (i.e. war) will evaporate and they will become more compromising and less a pain for all countries in South Asia. We must all come to the assistance of other nations when request is made like Sri Lanka and Nepal who are also the victims of Indian interference and sabotage.

I think our first project may be to free Sikkim from India's clutches. This should rank as a priority along with Kashmir and the Seven Sisters. What you say?

well you couldnt gain independance of your own, how are you going to help others now. Dont count your nation and Pakistan along the same lines. Pakistan's resources, skills are miles apart from your countrys'.

People have we never heard the word tongue-in-cheek? Apply it to the second paragraph of my comment and take a deep breath.

I enjoy pi*****g of the Indian here. Let me have my fun for once.

Aye,Aye Sire!:lol:

Some extracts:
Bangladesh already knows the consequences of India restricting its water. The Farakka barrage, built across the Ganges 11 miles from the Bangladeshi border in 1974, had at certain times of the year reduced by half the water that once flowed via the Ganges into Bangladesh, said Mr Ahmad.

"Great parts are turning into a desert, rivers have lost their navigability, salt water is intruding into farming areas. You can walk across the river Gori at some times of the year," said the minister.

I am sure all issues can be discussed rationally and resolved according to international norms.

For example, the Baglihar dam design on the Chenab river in J&K was approved by a World bank appointed neutral expert.

But some people want to deliberately whip up emotions, rage, paranoia and fanaticism for their own political advantage. Such people must be guarded against.

Chinese Dam on Brahmaputra Could Cut Water Supplies in India and Bangladesh

China is preparing to build a dam on the Tsangpo (Brahmaputra) that is expected to have twice the hydroelectric output as the Three Gorges Dam on the Yangtse. However this dam would be built upstream from populations who depend on the Brahmaputra watershed. One use of the water will be irrigation in the Xinjiang and Gansu portions of the Gobi Desert over 400 miles away. This withdraw along with managing the dam could lead to seasonal or permanent water supply problems for people in India and Bangladesh, who depend heavily on the Brahmaputra waters.

Let see what Munshi has to say about China. They understand the language of Gun too, right Munshi? Are you still there?
preparing???? what a joke.:rofl:I know these things,just someone imagine,most people don't agree with it,including me.the China government even neglect this plan.

I am sure all issues can be discussed rationally and resolved according to international norms.

For example, the Baglihar dam design on the Chenab river in J&K was approved by a World bank appointed neutral expert.

But some people want to deliberately whip up emotions, rage, paranoia and fanaticism for their own political advantage. Such people must be guarded against.

Yes these can be solved through discussions and negotiation,provided India agrees to do such.For us we are always open for discussion.

And some Bangladeshis still fall for repeated Indian lie, deception and violation...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the best attitude.

Bangladesh sends fourth letter for meeting India still not ready for talks on water sharing

Govinda Shil

India is not responding to Bangladesh's proposal to discuss the water sharing of seven rivers, including Teesta as Bangladesh recently sent the fourth letter requesting a meeting in Dhaka.

http://www.bangladeshobserveronline....ront.htm#head3

Bangladesh Protests Less Water from India

Bangladesh has protested that New Delhi has deprived Dhaka of its share of the Ganges water as stipulated in the Gangers Water Sharing Treaty 1996 and has not heeded the complaints Dhaka earlier registered with Indian authorities.

In four schedules, from January 1 to February 10, India provided Bangladesh with water 38,072 cusecs less than what is specified in the indicative schedule 2, according to the statistics with the Joint Rivers Commission.

'We are, unfortunately, yet to get any positive response from India and we continue to receive less flow of water at the Farakka Barrage point,' said a high official of the ministry.

In January, Bangladesh received 36,962 cusecs less water through the Ganges. In three schedules of January, Dhaka received 1,39,481 cusecs against its share of 1,75,343 cusecs.

The South Asian: Bangladesh Protests Less Water from India

Some Bangladeshi Razakar extremists are whipping themselves into an anti-India frenzy. Their first target is the democratically elected Awami League government. But I think Bangladeshis are now too smart to get carried away by their frenzy and paranoia.

Arre vah, Maa se zayda kala ki a dard-e-Isq. Just too funny for me........This is how people will perceive you from your comments here. It's strictly Bd's internal matter and please leave that to us. If Awami doesn't look after Bd's interest and try to sell our Sovereignty than Awami will be thrown out from the power by the same ppl that vote for them Insh'Allah. Nothing more important than Bd's sovereignty even if it's bring disorder to the nation.

Teesta drying up killing many Nilphamari rivers Irrigation, fish farming at stake

Farmers preparing seedbeds for Boro cultivation on the dried up bed of Jamuneswari River in Nilphamari Sadar upazila as all the rivers including Teesta in the district see drastic fall in flow.Photo: STAROur Correspondent, Nilphamari

Teesta, the biggest river in the district, has alarmingly dried up, posing threat to several other linked rivers in Nilphamari.

Lack of excavation or dredging has contributed to worsening the situation that has put irrigation and fish projects at stake.

In the recent past, all the 20 rivers in the district saw more or less water flow even during the dry season. Several of the rivers, small or big, are tributaries of the Teesta.

After building of Gojal Doba barrage in Indian territory, 110 km in the upstream from Teesta barrage at Dalia point in Nilphamari district a few years ago, India started unilaterally withdrawing water from the river to irrigate agricultural land in their part.

With insufficient water flow in Teesta, water level in its tributaries and other small rivers in the area has fallen down alarmingly and the river beds have dried up.

As a consequence, Teesta Irrigation Project, the country's largest project of the kind, cannot be made fully effective.

Due to disturbance in fish breeding with shrinking of water areas, many species of local fishes have become extinct and thousands of fishermen have given up their ancestral profession of fishing.

Official list of Bangladesh Water Development Board (BWDB) in Nilphamari mentions eight rivers in the district, namely, Teesta, Charal Kanta, Deunai, Buri Khora, Buri Teesta, Jamineswari, Kharkharia and Dhaijan, BWDB sources said.

But the official list excludes quite a few other rivers flowing through the district, which are now in a critical condition.

Farmers are preparing Boro seedbeds and cultivating paddy in most areas of the dried up river beds.

In some places influential people of villages around the rivers illegally occupied the dried up river beds and turned them into plain lands by filling with earth to use it for regular cultivation.

The sub divisional engineer of BWDB in Nilphamari, Nural Islam said they had informed the higher authorities to excavate a few rivers on priority basis.

“Reasonable sharing of Teesta water is the only way to improve the ecological situation in the area. But it is still to be achieved despite a few meetings between Bangladesh and Indian governments,” environmental activist Golam Mostafa of NGO CAMP said.

The Daily Star - Details News

I think the manner in which India is slowly killing BD we should consider ourselves as in a state of war with that country and we should drop all cooperation until India reverses its despicable and hostile plans towards BD.

Last edited:
I think the manner in which India is slowly killing BD we should consider ourselves as at a state of war with that country and we should drop all cooperation until India reverses its despicable and hostile plans towards BD.

I think India would not mind that at all, since it would put India on high alert, and all the illegal migration to India would definetly stop, and catching some terrorist on the process.

Last edited:
It would not be hard to track and tag millions of Indians in Dhaka and else where. We should start pushing Indians back home.

But we don't have to do much just stop any trade through land border, $10 billion dollars worth of Indian export will collapse. So will earning for many million Indians.

It would not be hard to track and tag millions of Indians in Dhaka and else where. We should start pushing Indians back home.

But we don't have to do much just stop any trade through land border, $10 billion dollars worth of Indian export will collapse. So will earning for many million Indians.

Truly, I did not know Bangladesh had such powers!!!:woot:

Fantastic..

Its more of political will....if it were not for Indian stooge network in Bangladesh that would have happened.

Economic power; sure Bangladesh does have that to go without indian import

Back
Top Bottom