What's new

India vs. South Africa Cricket Series

India managed it (somehow) but im sure SA will make a strong comeback in the 3rd match ..

Do make sure you pray hard for the SA team for the next 8 days so that they can make a strong comback. This the least we can expect from you :pop:

LAST WICKET ..

126474.jpg

Did anyone see Sreesanth bouncing out Kallis today?

I saw it live on TV and it was awesome. Felt so nice to see some Indian bowler serving them the same dish

The report is too long but I'll say the following.

Today, Pakistan's and India's GDP per capita is about the same. So currently, sporting facility, especially in cricket, are more or less the same. Yet Pakistan is a worse team. It's not because of economic development that India has a better team. It's because at the present, it has better players.

Go back to 80s and 90s. Pakistan's GDP per capita was about 300-500 over that era. Yet we had a very good team.

Look at England through the 80s and 90s, and most of 2000s. Developed country, yet a pretty crap team.

Same goes for Sri Lanka. Not high GDP per capita, yet they have a very good team for about a decade and a half now.

Sports goes in cycles. I think there might be little correlation with economic development, as you say because it might mean more facilities, but it's not a huge correlation IMO. If you think statistics, you'd know that positive correlations range between 1.0 to 0.01. A correlation between 0.67 to 1.0 is very high. My personal guess is that the correlation is between 0.1 to 0.4. Not that great.

More importantly, however, I think you need to look at what's being said. What's being said is that economic development causes a team to become good. Not just correlation is being implied there, but causation. That's something that's obviously not true.

Although the report was long, it has lot of statistics to prove that economic development and sport performance are positively correlated.

I think you are misinterpreting GDP per Captia with the health of overall economy. China is a good example. Even with a per capita GDP of around USD 3500, they are a sporting giant. Again there is also the question of intent and interest. Britain is a good example of this

Yes, I agree with you about the correlation thing. Even that small correlation would make hell of a difference

Again, you may know that correlation is not causation. May be a third variable such as confidence or job security that are resulting from healthy economic growth are causing a better sporting performance

Did you guys see Zaheer giving the bouncer treatment to Steyn and then giving him a piece of his mind :D Its so funny. It was so premeditated

Steyn hit Zaheer on his helmet so Zaheer wanted to square things up :D
Awesome

After your team got sound thrashing by Kiwis all you could come up is this one? :D

Pity on you :cheers:
Thrashing or drubbing is watever u call was the one like india got in first test.This test is like india just scrapped through and somehow managed to win.

Good effort by the indians, congrats to them. One thing I would like to point out would be the 2 umpiring decisions that went wrong for the Safers today, one when AB was on the crease and the other when Boucher was bating. Nothing to take away from the indian team, umpiring error ofcourse. And ICC should very seriously look into it. Off late we have seen a pattern of sh1tty decisions specially from the elite panel Umpires. They should make the replay system mandatory, as it makes allot of difference.

Did you guys see Zaheer giving the bouncer treatment to Steyn and then giving him a piece of his mind :D Its so funny. It was so premeditated

Steyn hit Zaheer on his helmet so Zaheer wanted to square things up :D
Awesome

126453.jpg

Back
Top Bottom