What's new

India to recruit 89,000 troops, US $ 15 billion for chinese border

good going but as the US keeps telling Pakistan "do more" we need to do much much more. The chinese threat is a real and dangerous one and needs to be addressed on a war footing. The Chinese at least in pdf don't seem to be taking us seriously and think that they can run over us easily, Time to prove them wrong brothers.

All these IA build up is taking place dangerously close to BD.

As one of my brother replied to your headless post...your illution is good for us...and you will never come out of your "like a frog" attitude..

If you have not read about this due to restrictions put in by ur CCP..just pasting some basic info for your GK so that u can use ur common sense going forward...

India

Population: 2nd highest
GDP(PPP): 5th
Area: 7th Largest in the world
You do know that foreign weapons have to be paid in the full and you do not get those weapons at PPP?

How much of that $15 bln is a one time expense and how much does it cost to maintain those borders?

You do know that foreign weapons have to be paid in the full and you do not get those weapons at PPP?

How much of that $15 bln is a one time expense and how much does it cost to maintain those borders?

India's in a bad neighbourhood and our border is huge, so just do a rough estimate of the cost buddy.

India's in a bad neighbourhood and our border is huge, so just do a rough estimate of the cost buddy.
Nothing wrong with securing your borders, but I have no idea how long India's borders are and how much it costs to maintian them.
$15 bln is roughly 1% of Indian GDP, so about 5%-10% of the government budget I think. That's a lot if it were annual costs, so that's why I asked.

The PPP remark is because JD_In was saying Indian GDP was 5th at PPP, which is silly to say if you purchase your weapons systems from other countries. They won't sell you weapons at 1/5th of the price because your rice is 1/5th of the price.

Nothing wrong with securing your borders, but I have no idea how long India's borders are and how much it costs to maintian them.
$15 bln is roughly 1% of Indian GDP, so about 5%-10% of the government budget I think. That's a lot if it were annual costs, so that's why I asked.

The PPP remark is because JD_In was saying Indian GDP was 5th at PPP, which is silly to say if you purchase your weapons systems from other countries. They won't sell you weapons at 1/5th of the price because your rice is 1/5th of the price.

I don't see how $15 BN is 1% of Indian GDP as India's defence budget is >$37 BN and is pegged at ~1.83% of GDP.

coastline of 7,517 km
land frontier of 15,200 km
Border Security Force : 240,000 personnel in 186 battalions

Coast guard:
42 Coast Guard Stations
5 Coast Guard Air Stations
10 Coast Guard Air Enclaves

Its a nightmare but needs to be done.

If China or Pakistan was to do this, India would have it as headline news everyday of the week. :lol:

I don't see how $15 BN is 1% of Indian GDP as India's defence budget is >$37 BN and is pegged at ~1.83% of GDP.

He's probably right in a rough sense, India's Net GDP is around $1.5 trillion.
also def budget is 37 billion but available budget is around 45 billion.

Back
Top Bottom