What's new

India to deepen energy ties with Vietnam, defying China claim

First of all i am not against this drilling
1.but you seems clear in views that thier is no disputed territory in case of south china sea.
2.No one claims sovereignty over whole of indian ocean but this is not case of south china sea.
3.If china is doing from 40 years then what is India by giving domicile to Dalai lama from 1959.

Chauvinistic view aside China is not banana republic (neighter so India) but we also seek co-operation in watersharing of Brahmputra and skewed trade in favour of china.

If you are not against drilling then what is the point that you are arguing about???

1) Who said there is no disputed territory in South China??? However we per international norms the waters we are going in are not disputed. Secondly if "disputed" is the point of conflict here then what are Chinese doing in ***???
2) Claiming is another thing and reality is another...They even claim Arunachal Pradesh. Shall we stop development there..
3) What??? Are you saying New delhi is providing bread and butter to Tibet unrest??? b/w i am sure you are aware of the fact that our official policy is that Tibet is part of China, right???

If you are not against drilling then what is the point that you are arguing about???

1) Who said there is no disputed territory in South China??? However we per international norms the waters we are going in are not disputed. Secondly if "disputed" is the point of conflict here then what are Chinese doing in ***???
2) Claiming is another thing and reality is another...They even claim Arunachal Pradesh. Shall we stop development there..
3) What??? Are you saying New delhi is providing bread and butter to Tibet unrest??? b/w i am sure you are aware of the fact that our official policy is that Tibet is part of China, right???

Friend, We deem india would only brag on this they will drill oil on this disputed sea. If reality India can go this Southchina sea do anything. China will not keep the silence. I think nobody can get any benefit. You should know the BP also withdraw this plan when they know China claim this sovereign requirement.

Friend, We deem india would only brag on this they will drill oil on this disputed sea. If reality India can go this Southchina sea do anything. China will not keep the silence. I think nobody can get any benefit. You should know the BP also withdraw this plan when they know China claim this sovereign requirement.
Hehe, BP have huge market in CHina, you threaten to cut off BP's market in your coutry, so BP had to withdraw, but India oil companies has No project in CHina, so what can you do to them ??

Don't threaten VN by forces, we will kick you out of our EEZ .

I dont find any reason why India is getting itself embroiled into Chins's corridor? And that to what is the ROI in term of economic investment,Political Impact and Foreign policy point of view???? How important is Vietnam for India rather than China is? I mean i feel this is not a statergic foreign policy....We have differences with China but again India has to remember that China is one of the largest trading partner too...So every aspect should be taken into account while dealing with this situation...

China sure will not keep the silence...the geopolitical game just begin, it don't take time for China to react :lol:

BEIJING: Chinese Defense Minister Liang Guanglie on Thursday promised all form of assistance to the Bangladesh military in order to advance bilateral and military relationship.

China offers military help to visiting Bangla army chief - Times Of India

China offers military help to visiting Bangla army chief

"China is willing to enhance interactions with Bangladesh in all fields and at all levels to advance bilateral and military relations and make contributions to safeguarding regional peace and stability," Liang told the visiting chief of army staff of the Bangladesh Army, Muhammad Abdul Mubeen.

Mubeen's visit to Beijing comes within days of his army and government participating in an agreement for settling the India-Bangladesh border dispute during the recent visit of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to Dhaka.

China offers military help to visiting Bangla army chief - Times Of India

Bangladesh Government In Search Of New Allies in Asia
http://www.timesofassam.com/headlines/bangladesh-government-in-search-of-new-allies-in-asia/

I dont find any reason why India is getting itself embroiled into Chins's corridor? And that to what is the ROI in term of economic investment,Political Impact and Foreign policy point of view???? How important is Vietnam for India rather than China is? I mean i feel this is not a statergic foreign policy....We have differences with China but again India has to remember that China is one of the largest trading partner too...So every aspect should be taken into account while dealing with this situation...

I am sure mandarins of south block would have thought over this before SMK went to Vietnam. Trade is different from foreign policy.

The only difference is,China started itching us for long, now we have taken our hands from scratching and have started itching the itchers instead.

The only difference is,China started itching us for long, now we have taken our hands from scratching and have started itching the itchers instead.

LOL who itch who first...we will make you remember for ever for harbor Tibetan separatist slaves owners.

you guys like to know how China react about your so call India-Vietnam alliance :lol:...i will offer you guys more the update

India always fears Nepal may go closer to China: VermaIndia always fears Nepal may go closer to China: Verma

what you have on hand to start it with? what average indians can get from this?

If Indian company backs out, some private American/European company will come do the drilling for the Viets.

Atleast the money made by ONGC will go to Indian public, as it is a government owned/run company.

The problem here is what is the IQ of those decision makers in new delhi?

Let's just face it: if they have IQ higher than 100, then a more sound decision would be to focus on domestic development rather than getting itself into such numerous conflicts with ALL neighbors:

india fought Pakistan for decades.
india is fighting with China.
india got herself involved in the civil war in Sri Lanka, one india PM got killed because of that.
india invaded Bangladesh, caused the formation of this nation.

tell me what india/indians really get out of these?

we has taken a stance , but are we really ready in case of any actual confertation at sea against china on this issue..
what will be our plan if they came and damage the exploration ship , like they did to veitnams :
1) are we going to take a back step and stop the activity ?
2) are we going to ask the veitnam to deal with it as it's in their area , but do veitnam has the capability to dothat for us ?
3) are we going to sand our navel ships there , in 1962 we get agganged against china at the mountains without proper planning , equipments & weapons and the rsults we all know ...

Time for india to focus on it's naval capabilities , i do not agree that we are ready yet coz our focus on navy was always to counter pakistan navy and we we never give focus on china ....
the time has came to learn it fast that business and militry has to work togeather to protect your business intrests ...

LOL who itch who first...we will make you remember for ever for harbor Tibetan separatist slaves owners.

you guys like to know how China react about your so call India-Vietnam alliance :lol:...i will offer you guys more the update

India always fears Nepal may go closer to China: VermaIndia always fears Nepal may go closer to China: Verma

The resistance to your String of pearls strategy is in not by being defensive but to adopt a better policy. And About Tibetans when you destroyed there homes they came to us and we gave them home but never motivated them to snatch the illegal holding of there land (Tibet) from you adopting the Kamikaze technique or by denying any other international norms. Tibetans will always be near and dear to us no matter how much you fear or how much you pressurize us. We stand united and we would continue to fight but in a peaceful way.

Now to your question, Itching started when you had no border to our land in the north east before capturing Tibet and came to the stand of asking Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh.

---------- Post added at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 AM ----------

Its always not "what we can get", there is also a "what we can give". The same or even better what the String of pearls can.

Back
Top Bottom