What's new

India sees a new friend in Brazil

Justin Joseph

Reaction score

NEW DELHI: India is looking for a new defence partner in Brazil as the two countries are poised to take their strategic ties to new levels.

Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s recent visit to the Latin American giant has paved the way for heralding a new era to bring defence establishments of the two countries to launch new projects.

One such joint venture (JV) is already in pipeline, under which Indian defence scientists are using Brazilian Embraer aircraft to make a home grown “eye in the sky” system. Indian radars are being placed in the Brazilian aircraft to make aerial early warning (AEW) command and control system.

According to the Ministry of Defence, this system would be ready by middle of next year. The first delivery by Embraer is likely to take place by the end of this year. Seeing the potential of taking forward this relationship, the two sides have decided to appoint defence attaches in respective countries.

Brazilian security expert Sergio Ricardo sees a possibility of holding an Indo-Brazil joint exercise in the coming years. “But we have to start as soon as possible, joint exercises would be very useful,” he said.

The Indian Defence Research Organisation’s (DRDO) deal with Embraer is expected to open more horizons for the Brazilian aviation giant.

Ricardo, an aviation historian, who is writing a book on airborne early warning command and control systems, claimed that the Indian contract will further expand the potential of such an airplane.

EMB-145 AEW-C platforms are already operational with the Swedish Erieye radar, which is being used by Brazilian, Greek and Mexican air forces. But he said that the AEW radar and electronic suite developed by the DRDO had many new features compared to those of the Erieye.

The Erieye has well-known AN/APY- 1/2 radars, which have many advantages as they have a better electronic survey capabilities.

The delivery schedule chalked out for the delivery of Indo-Brazil AEW platform does not seem to be realistic though and delays were expected.

And I'm sure this visit has nothing to do with the MAR-1 sales to Pakistan.

I am not in favor of Indo-Brazilian bilateral relation but IBSA and BRIC are more than enough. They are huge possibilities that China will gain access to the Indian technologies and codes through Brazil. They have very good relation, specially technical cooperation. Choosing Emb-145 for DRDO AWACS is OK not more. We have already bought VIP aircrafts from Emb.

PICIN3314.jpg

Brazil-India_leaders.jpg

And I'm sure this visit has nothing to do with the MAR-1 sales to Pakistan.

WAT?
Buddy they tried there best by crying terrorist terrorist.but brazilians didnt give a damn..they went with the deal anyways.
So u dont have to worry about MAR-1......We already have good relations with the brazilians.

WAT?
Buddy they tried there best by crying terrorist terrorist.but brazilians didnt give a damn..they went with the deal anyways.
So u dont have to worry about MAR-1......We already have good relations with the brazilians.

I thought you guys said the same about French. You are fighting America's war but a civilian nuclear deal is not in sight.

India will do everything in its power to stop Pakistan from acquiring technology / military hardware that threaten India in war. Unlike India, Pakistan's defence is India specific causing concern in New Delhi with every new technology acquired by Pakistan.
:cheers:

I thought you guys said the same about French. You are fighting America's war but a civilian nuclear deal is not in sight.

India will do everything in its power to stop Pakistan from acquiring technology / military hardware that threaten India in war. Unlike India, Pakistan's defence is India specific causing concern in New Delhi with every new technology acquired by Pakistan.
:cheers:

Nice trolling.thanks for hijacking the thread..also French deal is on hold not cancelled.and some people dont link it to india....even in case of russia ur biggest ally and defence .... they sold us jet engines even ignored ur whinhg?So sad isnt it?
Heck ur crying didnt even stop USA for offering us 18 more f-16s?
Also this current was is not just USAs anymore its also OURS..so stop playing with words like a witch ........or watever.pardon US president Nixons comment on indians.
And wats Civil nuclear deals link in this thread? i know i know u like to satisfy ur little ego ..... but lets not go there...here is wat indian media is crying about US-PAK civil nuclear deal...wonder wat happens nexts.
India Anxiously Watches U.S-Pakistan Interaction | iNewp.com

About MAR-1 im very sorry to hurt ur tiny,sensitive ego but the brazilians didnt give a crap about indias habit or whinning and went ahead with the almost 170 million$ deal.
Brazil approves sale of 100 missiles to Pakistan

Now dont get frustrated and start crying rivers.
Have a nice day and dont derail the thread by ur ranting B.S:disagree:.

Back
Top Bottom