What's new

India protests over 'tribal' Virgin Mary and baby Jesus

Yes of course now in few years they will propagate miracles of "tribal version of Mother Mary" and with foreign funding they can easily do conversion ,Localizing the faith always have an impact ....

Two points here

1. Whats wrong with propagating miracles of tribal version or any version of Mary?

2, If Hindus convert to Christians how its going to harm India?

Two points here

1. Whats wrong with propagating miracles of tribal version or any version of Mary?

Because its hogwash and BS, there are no miracles and there is nothing gained by spreading more superstitions and more fairytales. We must follow China in this regard.

Two points here

Who's talking about India, (some) (political) hindus are protesting peacefully, its their right. Get it out of your head to equate india with hindu.

Two points here

If you are not a Hindu, it does not concern you.

Is it going to harm India if we reconvert all Muslims to the religion of their ancestors? You may be knowing many such suddhi ceremonies already take place.

If all they did was have the Virgin Mary wear a sari, then what the problem? cultural integration of the christian faith has been happening for the past 30 yrs. in most places the statues of the Virgin Mary is dressed in a sari . its been going on from 83 since the church allowed it .

Two points here

Indian state has no role to play in this. Its non Christians protesting against a perceived conversion tactic (which is incorrect in my view).

Kind of like people in Pakistan went on a murderous rampage when someone in USA came out with a stupid movie about Islam. Am sure that movie was not going to harm Pakistan in anyway, but Pakistani citizens still reacted

Because its hogwash and BS, there are no miracles and there is nothing gained by spreading more superstitions and more fairytales.

would you apply the same theory to Hindus? i mean there are daily a new miracle associated to Hindu gods and also mantras and openly sold and propagated by even your Star Plus through advertisment.

Who's talking about India, (some) (political) hindus are protesting peacefully, its their right. Get it out of your head to equate india with hindu.

ok fair. it Means majorty of you approve the conversion to Christianity.

Two points here

If the self designated secular parties were as liberal with Christians and Muslims being converted to Hinduism it would not be such a big issue. But, the minute you talk about this. you will get branded as non-secular, saffronist and what not. So, this is going to continue till the sun sets in the east.

This stupid **** should have been kept inside the house, how Nehru planned it out. But, then 1980s onwards you had all these parties claiming ownership of religions and castes and creed and sub sect and language and what not.

If you are not a Hindu, it does not concern you.

And i am also asking about your concern :)

Is it going to harm India if we reconvert all Muslims to the religion of their ancestors? You may be knowing many such suddhi ceremonies already take place.

You being and Indian can tell me if that going to harm India or not. I being Muslim can only ask you a question, if as per your claim hindus have started converting Muslims to Hinduism in India, then can we hope by becoming Hindus they will be treated well?

Two points here

is there a "tribal version of Mother Mary" in Christianity ?in my knowledge No ...So their intentions are not so good thats why i am opposing it ....

2) about Harm Things happening in X'ian majority areas are perfect example of How conversion is harming India

And i am also asking about your concern :)

You being and Indian can tell me if that going to harm India or not. I being Muslim can only ask you a question, if as per your claim hindus have started converting Muslims to Hinduism in India, then can we hope by becoming Hindus they will be treated well?

Loaded question.:hitwall: First tell me have you stopped beating yourwife?

i know this all process of conversion...all this is about money. I have seen people from my villages hav converted into. Iam not saying this is bad but i hav seen poor village people fall to all this ...some day ago i hav korean people in my village,after inquiring i got to know they are not tourist but missionaries..u won't belive what they were gifting village peoples..being said above all it is good for the village people as govt is not always there for them..it dosen't matter what is your religion unless u cross certain boundaries

As per bible wearing of ornaments are not allowed. ( my very good friend being a christian i know this),,,& the idol which is worshiped by all the Christians,,will give a wrong notion compared to whats written in bible ,,,,( It hardly matters @ the end of the day),, but for some genuine followers,,( my frnd doesn't have a TV, females don't wear ornaments, no idol worship, no drinking ,they don't celebrate Christmas etc etc ,,,)

Again,,,,can some 1 clarify ,,,,

Who does not allow it???

Indian state has no role to play in this. Its non Christians protesting against a perceived conversion tactic (which is incorrect in my view).

They only preach peacefully. If there are proofs that Christians are converting Hindus through force then you are justified.

There is also no denying that Western churches are invovled, Missionaries are involved but again they can question your religious philosphy wherein you claim that Hinduism is not a religion but way of life and can have many gods.

Kind of like people in Pakistan went on a murderous rampage when someone in USA came out with a stupid movie about Islam. Am sure that movie was not going to harm Pakistan in anyway, but Pakistani citizens still reacted

We are very very clear about our religion. We have defined rules whether you like or not we do belief in absolute repsect for our Prophet (PBUH), so we react to any stupid attempt.

If Christians want to see Mary in their local traditional dress than how its hurting you?

If the self designated secular parties were as liberal with Christians and Muslims being converted to Hinduism it would not be such a big issue. But, the minute you talk about this. you will get branded as non-secular, saffronist and what not. So, this is going to continue till the sun sets in the east.

This stupid **** should have been kept inside the house, how Nehru planned it out. But, then 1980s onwards you had all these parties claiming ownership of religions and castes and creed and sub sect and language and what not.

Your countryman already claimed there are shudi ceremonies for converting others to Hinduism.

anyway Christians do not force whereas Hindu groups talk about converting others forcefully thats where liberal govt come into action

It will not make an iota of difference from an economic perspective or from a social perspective. My partner is a Muslim. And damn good at his job. Why did we both come together? Because our views on a particular business was the same. And our skillsets complemented each others. So, its less to do with religion and more to do with people.

Back
Top Bottom