What's new

India, Pakistan to 'de-escalate' border tensions, Army says

OrionHunter

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Pakistan Director General of Military Operations on Wednesday confirmed to his Indian counterpart that orders have been passed to his troops to observe ceasefire strictly and exercise restraint.

The DGMOs of India and Pakistan held talks at 10 am on Wednesday over the LoC issue and they lasted for 10 minutes, reports said.

There has been an understanding between both DGMOs that the situation should not be allowed to escalate.

India, Pak agree to de-escalate tension on LoC - Hindustan Times

Well, good sense has prevailed at last! But we need to keep our powder dry just in case......:smokin:

good news finally.

now the warmongers and internet generals would have to find something new to troll each other.

NEW DELHI: The Indian Army has reached an "understanding" with Pakistan to "de-escalate" military tensions in Kashmir after the recent deadly flare-up along the line of control (LoC), a spokesman told AFP on Wednesday.

"An understanding has been arrived at between the two director-generals of military operations to de-escalate the situation along the line of control," Army spokesman Jagdeep Dahiya said in reference to a de facto border in Kashmir.

Dahiya said that the two sides' senior military commanders had spoken for 10 minutes over the telephone where they reached their agreement.

"The two DGMOs spoke to each other at 10am (0430 GMT) for 10 minutes and the Pakistan DGMO said strict instruction have been passed not to violate the ceasefire," he said.

Dahiya said Indian troops stationed along the border would also not breach the ceasefire forged between the two nuclear rivals in 2003.

"We have always upheld the ceasefire and have only retaliated," the spokesman said.

The spokesman did not give further details of the conversation between India's DGMO Lieutenant General Vinod Bhatia and his Pakistani counterpart, Major General Ashfaq Nadeem.

India, Pakistan to 'de-escalate' border tensions, Army says - The Times of India

LoC issue: DGMOs agree not to escalate tension

16TH_LOC_1332348e.jpg

Top military commanders of India and Pakistan on Wednesday agreed not to allow escalation of tensions along the Line of Control (LoC) with the Pakistan Army asking its troops to observe ceasefire strictly and exercise restraint.

The ways to defuse the tension on the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir, which was triggered by the brutal killing of two Indian soldiers by the Pakistan Army, were discussed during a telephonic conversation between the Director Generals of Military Operations (DGMOs) of the two sides.

The Army said the talks lasted for ten minutes starting 10 a.m. during this there was also an understanding not to allow the situation to escalate.

Pakistan Army DGMO conveyed that orders have been passed to troops to strictly observe the ceasefire and exercise restraint, the Army Headquarters said.

Meanwhile, in Islamabad, the state-run Pakistan Radio claimed the country’s DGMO lodged a strong protest with his Indian counterpart over killing of a Pakistani soldier.

Earlier in the day, Army chief Gen Bikram Singh rejected Pakistani allegations that Indian troops had crossed the LoC and indulged in unprovoked firing, saying any casualty on the other side may have been due to retaliatory firing.

“Our jawans don’t cross LoC. We honour human rights. We fire in retaliation when provoked,” he said in Khairiar in Uttar Pradesh after meeting the family of Lance Naik Hemraj who was beheaded by Pakistani soldiers in a cross-LoC attack in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir on January 8.

Responding to the Pakistani charge that one of its soldiers was killed in “unprovoked firing” along the LoC, the Army chief said it may have happened during cross-firing.

“These are normal activities that take place at the LoC. We have retaliated in response to cross-firing,” he said.

Replying to questions, Mr. Singh said “the relationship (between the two countries) is got to be seen on what has been going on at the border”.

The Pakistan Army had alleged Indian troops had violated the ceasefire along the LoC late on Tuesday night and “carried out unprovoked firing” in Hotspring and Jandrot sectors.

On the possibility of getting back the head of Hemraj, which was taken away by Pakistani soldiers, the Army chief said efforts are being made to get it back.

Mr. Singh, however, refused to respond to Pakistani Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar’s statement that the Indian Army chief’s comments were “provocative”, saying he was yet to read the statement.

He met the family of Hemraj and offered his condolences. He assured them that all their requirements will be met.

Meanwhile, the three Services chiefs met in the evening to discuss issues including the construction of a national war memorial at India Gate and the setting up of a national defence university at Gurgaon near here.

The Hindu : News / National : LoC issue: DGMOs agree not to escalate tension

Good to see that common sense has prevailed between both sides. I hope it's not limited to only till the next bullet is fired!

Finally sanity prevailed. Although the damage has been done. This affair shows the massive trust deficit between the two nations. A lot more CBM is necessary and a lot more mindset change is needed if we are to live in peace together.

Indians once again proved they are damn stupids , mutilation and beheading happened in 1999,2011,2012 no retaliation from Indian side. Now I hopefully awaiting for another such incident and , I agree tat Pakistani army is really brave when compare to ours. Hats off to PA.

Yeah.. The land mines were ordered by Indian Army from Pak ordinance company on Ebay I guess :) ...

All bakwas, so far we know only Indians were going crazy, there was no intent to fight from Pakistan's side either in the entire episode, India was talking about mobilizing its Air Force too.

I think even beheading was a bakwas, he must have had some sort of accident and they just made a whole story up.

Itni chawalian maarke banda peace peace nahi karta... Indians ne number kamanay thay elections ke liay woh kama liay PM sahab ne not business as usual keh ke.

Stupid waste of time ghatiya leaders of India...

All bakwas, so far we know only Indians were going crazy, there was no intent to fight from Pakistan's side either in the entire episode, India was talking about mobilizing its Air Force too.

I think even beheading was a bakwas, he must have had some sort of accident and they just made a whole story up.

Itni chawalian maarke banda peace peace nahi karta... Indians ne number kamanay thay elections ke liay woh kama liay PM sahab ne not business as usual keh ke.

You are just venting without any backup. Just because ISPR says something, it does not become a gospel. And the Pak ordinance made mines are for all to see in teh videos posted. I think in reality, its a bit of a ghatiya ploy of Pakistani ghatiya military leaders to divert the attention from the $hit storm currently going on in Pakistan , both politically and security situation wise

All bakwas, so far we know only Indians were going crazy, there was no intent to fight from Pakistan's side either in the entire episode, India was talking about mobilizing its Air Force too.I think even beheading was a bakwas, he must have had some sort of accident and they just made a whole story up.Itni chawalian maarke banda peace peace nahi karta... Indians ne number kamanay thay elections ke liay woh kama liay PM sahab ne not business as usual keh ke.
Pakistan intent of fighting ? They are fighting everywhere and everyone. People are dying in your country and Army is failing to protect them. 40,000 people killed. What cant mighty PA stop it ? You still believe PA is in state of war with India ?

Almost all nations are against you, don't believe you and you say we made up the whole story.

Conspiracy theories everywhere in Pakistan and you call us framing stories ?

As for ghatiya leaders of India, I know they are bad but they are managing 1.2 billion people, 1/7th of total population of the world in a limited space. Still with all the odds against us, we are not in existential war, we are growing at every aspect, unfortunately in bad aspects too.

May be its time you should realize after 65 years that you have messed up pretty bad and your civil govt. and army has equal share in this condition of the country. May be you should listen to what rest of the world says.

At least learn from your all time friend China. Stop blaming others for your misfortunes.

You are just venting without any backup. Just because ISPR says something, it does not become a gospel. And the Pak ordinance made mines are for all to see in teh videos posted. I think in reality, its a bit of a ghatiya ploy of Pakistani ghatiya military leaders to divert the attention from the $hit storm currently going on in Pakistan , both politically and security situation wise
I wonder now will they ask for UN probe. Kal tak to lad rahe the, aaj maan gaye evidence dekh ke. :lol:

I wonder now will they ask for UN probe. Kal tak to lad rahe the, aaj maan gaye evidence dekh ke. :lol:

Pakistan always gets caught like this. In Kargil, Musharraf ji got caught spilling the beans over a long distance phone call from China to Pak :D

This time they left the mines behind not realizing the markings on the mines

Even LeT does cleaner Ops than PA :lol:. Indian govt is still looking for solid proof against HS for 26/11

Pakistan always gets caught like this. In Kargil, Musharraf ji got caught spilling the beans over a long distance phone call from China to Pak :D
This time they left the mines behind not realizing the markings on the mines
Even LeT does cleaner Ops than PA :lol:. Indian govt is still looking for solid proof against HS for 26/11
Now I think PA don't train LeT, LeT train them. :D

Back
Top Bottom