What's new

India offers 500MW of power at Rs 8 per unit

Last time offer had a string attached, this time its clean :P

India has made the offer to export electricity despite being shortage at home (other parts). Pakistan can weigh the offer for all its pro and cons and then decide if they want or not. Its just business between countries. Pakistan's decision will not harm any relation. At most it will help to build trust.

India is buying surplus electricity from Bhutan. I wish India has more neighbors from which India could buy energy.

We will eat grass but will not lose our self respect by begging for electricity from the enemy. Hum ghaas kha ke khud bijali bana lenge.

BTW elections are near in 2013 so MMS must provide bijali free of charge to his separate electorate.
Once again a "cut off your nose to spite your face" statement from Pakistan! This logic is baffaling, you'd prefer to suffer then get assistance from big bad India??Just like I had heard in the "MADE IN INDIA" thread that a Pakistani had bought an older model Nissan for MORE than the current model just because the salesman had disclosed the current model Nissan was built in India!!

A very immature attitude indeed.

Having said that, for something as critical as power Paksitan shouldnt be outsourcing. It is not a smart idea to buy power and forgo investing in domestic power production projects. If anything were to happen all india has to do is flock a switch and goodbye power for x amount of the country!

Power is one of those things you need to be self reliant in.

Thread like these has been discussed times and again. I don't think things would progress beyond formal offers and stuff.

Anyway, Thanks over again for the offer!
Why do u think things are not progressing. this deal is a win win situation for both countries. India wud get some good bucks for their over production and pakistan wud fulfill its shortage.

Where I understand is the whole political system of Pakistan in 2days date is so fundamentalist, especially in case of India. Whenever GoP wants to go ahead with the deal, these anti india elements shout foul. It seems, these elements do have a very great say into the political decisions. Now for elements u can take them as either the extremist Islamic parties or the army.

Thread like these has been discussed times and again. I don't think things would progress beyond formal offers and stuff.

Anyway, Thanks over again for the offer!
Why do u think things are not progressing. this deal is a win win situation for both countries. India wud get some good bucks for their over production and pakistan wud fulfill its shortage.

Where I understand is the whole political system of Pakistan in 2days date is so fundamentalist, especially in case of India. Whenever GoP wants to go ahead with the deal, these anti india elements shout foul. It seems, these elements do have a very great say into the political decisions. Now for elements u can take them as either the extremist Islamic parties or the army.

its easy to say that while living in canada .how many times have you experienced loadshedding?

Its easy for a person who has never been to Pakistan...

I may not be living in Pakistan currently, however as a person, i have gained enough knowledge on Indians and their business methods. From my experience, i would tell my fellow countrymen to not trust you.

Its easy for a person who has never been to Pakistan...

I may not be living in Pakistan currently, however as a person, i have gained enough knowledge on Indians and their business methods. From my experience, i would tell my fellow countrymen to not trust you.

May be you should share your experience with your government. We Indians don't give two hoots about your experience. You should be Mr. Zardari's new Advisor.

I was in Bangalore and Hyderabad. While Bangalore had no power cut, Hyderabad had four hour power cut. I hear only Modi's Gujarat is power surplus. May be Indians should elect him as their Prime Minister to solve their power woes?

I was in Bangalore and Hyderabad. While Bangalore had no power cut, Hyderabad had four hour power cut. I hear only Modi's Gujarat is power surplus. May be Indians should elect him as their Prime Minister to solve their power woes?

India is adding the equivalent of Pakistan's entire power generation capacity to its grid EVERY YEAR. It is going to take time but finds are there, plans are in place and building has started and within 8 years the entire country will be operating with surplus.

The day you suffer 15+ hrs of power cuts everyday 7 days a week...you will understand the official stand even better :P...i agree with you on getting the power from nearby place like NLC .

Bro i didnt mean to talk like that ...he can always air his views without resorting to name calling/personal attacks etc...not even once i indulged in stuff like that in this forum if you want you can go through all my posts...also NLC is generating close to 2700MW and most of it goes to bangalore city only...i am not saying we shouldnt give power to such an important city but the center can surely solve the grid congestion problem this way thats all i am saying .

Its fine bro. Its just a matter of time when kudankulam gets going and TN gonna be power rich!

We will eat grass but will not lose our self respect by begging for electricity from the enemy. Hum ghaas kha ke khud bijali bana lenge.

BTW elections are near in 2013 so MMS must provide bijali free of charge to his separate electorate.

you have lost so many times, what left to lose now?

train Engine, Cricket, Siachin etc etc

ab to ghass bhi mahengi padegi..
And you will need "electricity" to irrigate the land for your ghass.. :lol:
so doesn't matter what u eat u'll need india..
@topic: if it is 8 pkr per unit then it is very cheap.. Go for it..
Becoz, here in gujarat we pay around 4.6 inr..

Go for it pakistan. Lets set an example for the world. They think we r idiots who keep fighting and scaring each other with weapons. Lets probe them wrong .

Back
Top Bottom