What's new

India offered Armed version of Dhruv to Afghan after embassy bombing

i aint trying to diver the topic nor i am commenting like immature.. why should we give afghan sophisticated weapons if they can be utilized to strengthen our state police..?? we should first wipe out our disease and then worry about afghans .no need for nitpicking here.

Because we Have Enough to Deal with Maoists, we Have Armed the CRPF, taken them to a New level , We have given the Troops MI 17 Helicopters from IAF and What not... And We are In Afghanistan Because we Have Committed ourselves In building Infrastructures and Education there, and For those Investments to be secure we have to Upgrade the Afghan forces aswell, There is no use investing blindly if there is no adequate security....

i aint trying to diver the topic nor i am commenting like immature.. why should we give afghan sophisticated weapons if they can be utilized to strengthen our state police..?? we should first wipe out our disease and then worry about afghans .no need for nitpicking and personal remarks here..

The fight with maoists has nothing to do with giving armed choppers to Afghanistan. Aligning two totally different things is an act of immaturity.

There is enough, I say, enough money to equip state polices and they are well equipped to fight maoists and new systems are coming. I have already said what we need to do further to destroy maoism completely.

You are talking like as we have so many poor we should not donate any money to Afghanistan or any other country though we are a big economy!

There is not anything personal here.

Here come another one! Which country's police do not harass common people or do not take money from the roadside? If it is more in India than we the people are to be blamed.

You and !craft! both made so many posts and are well aware of the things going on than why making comments like immatures?

Stop diverting the thread.

i am stating plane facts. if u wanna ignore them its ok wid me. our police forces are ill equipped to handle naxals. and thats a fact. our chief ministers ask for army's help at the drop of hat. can any one deny that? Agreed most of the state forces have formed special task force (equipped with better weapons) to counter naxalism but is it enough?

on the afghan front as stated earliar i fully support giving weapns to afghan govt.

i never said they they a not trained ..i believe they are not fully equiped.. insted of providing the afghans with lch and other sophisticated weapons i believe we should give them to our crpf and police forces to combat the moists. this do not imply that they are illequiped ,but ther is not harm to make them overeqiped.

We are Over equipping them Buddy.... CRPF has been sanctioned Tavor Assault rifles,night vision enabled sniper rifles,micro gadgets,Under Barrel Grenade Launcher on there AK-47 or INSAS,light weight automatic MP 5A rifles,Fragmentation Grenades,Glock Pistol,laser sights that can be fitted on any gun,special telescopic manipulator with high-end lens and portable X-ray,satellite phones,New 6kg Bullet proof Body Armor...

What else do you need than a New CRPF Commando equipped with this to fight the Maoist....

Last edited:
^ Guys,

Yes, our forces are running short of the right kind of weapons.

Just a few days back, ToI reported that Force One (created after 26/11 attacks) has weapons only for 50% of its force.

Every year, many of police forces die because of lack of proper kind of arms.

WHat can a pistol do infront of automatic weapons?

However, the same cannot be said to be true for CRPF, they have their own systems in place and they do have the right kind of weapons but they are currently over stretched.

CRPF ill-equipped to fight Maoist threat-News-Exclusives-TIMESNOW.tv - Latest Breaking News, Big News Stories, News Videos

loose the idea about supplying the tech to afghans after we totally fulfil our forces , give the tech to our forces.,make them more efficient. the LCH will do more good to our crpf.thats the way i am allinging the two ideas,nothing wrong in it..and when did i mention that we dont have enough money or we got so many poor people.. kinetic please dont bother replying if you dont get the picture,..

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

^ Guys,

Just a few days back, ToI reported that Force One (created after 26/11 attacks) has weapons only for 50% of its force.

However, the same cannot be said to be true for CRPF, they have their own systems in place and they do have the right kind of weapons but they are currently over stretched.

some one agrees here..

Last edited:
^ Guys,

I agree with you regarding the facts but the govt will never give automatic weapons in the hand of polices in the non violent areas or cities and it should not. But of course it is true that all the state polices have elite forces with high tech gears and automatic weapons.

I am also not happy with the speed they are moving after 26/11. They have came up with good ideas and implementing them but the speed is not so good.

I agree with you regarding the facts but the govt will never give automatic weapons in the hand of polices in the non violent areas or cities and it should not. But of course it is true that all the state polices have elite forces with high tech gears and automatic weapons.

I am also not happy with the speed they are moving after 26/11. They have came up with good ideas and implementing them but the speed is not so good.

On 26/11, terrorists attacked Mumbai city and our police forces were ill-equipped to fight them as the terrorists had automatic weapons, thats why NSG had to be called in.

Terrorists can strike any where, in the city or any far away defence installations, our forces have to be armed with the latest weapons to fight them.

On 26/11, terrorists attacked Mumbai city and our police forces were ill-equipped to fight them as the terrorists had automatic weapons, thats why NSG had to be called in.

Terrorists can strike any where, in the city or any far away defence installations, our forces have to be armed with the latest weapons to fight them.

and what would be better if our forces havE aLCH to deal with them...

Who said Mumbai police didn't have automatic weapons during 26/11? they just didn't have proper policy and training to face such situation.

NSG is a dedicated force for anti-terrorist operation and Mumbai like situation should be dealt with them. What was not good is not having them in Mumbai or other cities. 95% of the blame should go to policy and training not the systems we have or giving Afghanistan weapons.

The main civilian targets of the terrorists was and will be cities, large economic bases and religious shrines. D fence installations are well equipped to face them well.

INDIA CAN WIN MORE HEARTS BY DOING INFRASTRUCTURAL DEVELOPMENT IN AFGHANISTAN RATHER THAN FUELING PAKISTAN'S TROUBLE ,ALTHOUGH EMBASSY BOMBING WAS UNWANTED ON PAK'S PART ......

It is good to develop infrastructure ,but to protect that infrastructure they need security .
y cant we give Weaponised dhruv, lch and some infantry vehicles as military aid,they can be used to fight Taliban & Al-qaeda .

did you guys even read the article ? it said you did try to sell em all this but the idea was dropped by the Afghans and for apparent reasons

and you guys think pakistan will sit back and sip tea?
you might want to calculate how deeply this will complicate a.f.-p.a.k.-india equation.
at a time when we need to be thinking about reconciliation, it is sad to see people supporting military options that would aggravate relations in the subcontinent.

why should we conduct our foreign policy on the basis of if it pisses off Pakistan? do they conduct theirs by first checking in with India?

makes no sense... I'm all for normalizations of relationships just like the US had with the old soviet union. But we don't have to shy away from building stronger ties with other countries.

If Afghanistan govt had requested Pakistan for these weapons aid- you think Pakistan would ask or take into account India's feelings? besides there is no " military" threat from this. this is more to help out internal law enforcement. do you see the copters raiding Pakistan?

Back
Top Bottom