What's new

India may snap business, transport links with Pak: Chidambaram

Really! isn't it the very opposite way round, even your loud mouth media, defense analyst have accepted it. What are you smoking.

Haha...have you read any articles about Pakistan in the international media lately? Sheesh....

Which crap? The one written in newspapers all around the world?

dude you being the senior member, I will not use harsh words...but please dont talk nonsense...may i find you some articles in which thhey "neutral anaylst,indians" have wrote that indian diplomacy has failed miserably.

dude you being the senior member, I will not use harsh words...but please dont talk nonsense...may i find you some articles in which thhey "neutral anaylst,indians" have wrote that indian diplomacy has failed miserably.

You have no clue what I'm talking about. Indian diplomacy may not have succeded in getting Pakistan to extradite the suspects, but that speaks more about Pakistan's own state of confusion than Indian diplomatic prowess.

I really don't know which world you guys are living in, but unless you believe in escapist myths like "jewish and hindu dominated anti-Islamic media", the verdict on Pakistan's actions and reactions to the Mumbai terror attacks is quite unequivocal.

Definitely not India's decision, its entirely the decision of the Pakistani Army.

If this is how you are going to respond, with cheap shots, I'll suggest to drop the whole thing. Lets not derail the thread. As for the topic like i said, No one is stopping India from not acting what they think is best in their interest, same stands for Pakistan. India is more then welcome to cut of all ties, there is no purpose keeping them either when you get blame the moment something hits India.

British Foreign Secretary, David Miliband himself said that Pakistani establishment is not involved and as the Foreign Secretary he speaks for his nation. If thats not a humiliation for cry baby MM Singh and India than what is?

British Foreign Secretary, David Miliband himself said that Pakistani establishment is not involved and as the Foreign Secretary he speaks for his nation. If thats not a humiliation for cry baby MM Singh and India than what is?

I don't see it that way. He also said that LET is responsible and Pakistan should take action against the elements involved.

It is as clear an indictment as it can be! The onus is on Pakistan to take action against the perpetrators if it has to come clean. It is obviously not seen to be doing that.

I think it is a grave embarrassing indictment. Nothing to be happy about!

NEW DELHI: Britain on Tuesday asked Pakistan to take on Laskhar-e-Taiba, the architects of the Mumbai terror attacks, “frontally and
politically” even as India again reminded Islamabad to bring the perpetrators of the terror attacks to justice and honour its anti-terror pledge. ( Watch )

“It's clear where the responsibility for the attack lies. Pakistan has a fundamental responsibility to tackle the roots of this problem,” Britain's foreign secretary David Milliband told reporters after talks with external affairs minister Pranab Mukherjee.

“The responsibility of the Pakistan side is something we expect them to fulfill. Those who have been arrested must be brought to justice and, if found guilty, need to be punished,” Milliband replied at a joint press conference when asked about what action Pakistan needs to take in the aftermath of the Mumbai carnage for which India has blamed Pakistan-based elements.

“They need to be taken on politically in a frontal and clear manner,” Milliband, who began his four-day visit to India on Tuesday, said when asked about media reports indicating that the banned outfit Jamaat-ud-Dawa, a public front for LeT, has regrouped under a new banner.

Nearly a month ago, when British Prime Minister Gordon Brown visited India to express solidarity, he had named the LeT as the perpetrator of the coordinated assaults on Mumbai.

Milliband, however, ruled out the involvement of the Pakistani state in the Mumbai attacks. “I do not believe the attacks were directed by the Pakistani state,” Milliband replied when asked to comment on India's contention that official agencies of Pakistan were complicit in the Mumbai atrocity.

"It is important to say that. What is also important is the response of the Pakistani government to the LeT," he said while underlining that Pakistan needs to adopt "a multi-pronged approach" to tackle LeT and terrorism. "It is clear that the Pakistani apparatus have the fundamental responsibility to tackle the roots of this organization and to develop new strategies for doing so," Milliband stressed.

Asked about Pakistan's rejection of India's demand for handing over the Mumbai suspects to face Indian justice, Mukherjee replied: “Pakistan is obliged to implement all international commitments and resolutions against terrorism. Pakistan as a member of SAARC (South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation) is required to implement the SAARC convention on terrorism.”

“I do hope that they act on materials and evidence we have given to them and bring the perpetrators to justice,” Mukherjee said.

"I do hope some of the fugitives will be handed over to India," he added.

LeT behind Mumbai carnage: Britain-India-The Times of India

This CHIDAMBARAM guy may be adept at economics but he surely sucks at politics!

Please go ahead and 'cut ties' with Pakistan at a time where;

1. The western capitals have totally rejected Indian whining on ''Pakistan-ISI-Destroy India'' behind the Mumbai Mow Down!

2. I am not fond of Indian movies anyways and sincerely think they are over rated, vulgar and quite annoying at times. So good riddance!

3. Ban on cheap Indian vegetables will mean our own produce would be preferred.

4. Last time we banned over flight rights of IA, it literally bled jet fuel!! No problem, we will do it again!

5. So much for the Indian dreams to have trade with Afghanistan and gas from Iran. That would surely be a piss trade off of this 'wise' decision. Let IA 'fly' into Afghanistan via Timbuktu to deliver their cheap vegies and trucks!!

Damn man! The Indian politicians are even more stupid then what we have over here!

I don't see it that way. He also said that LET is responsible and Pakistan should take action against the elements involved.

It is as clear an indictment as it can be! The onus is on Pakistan to take action against the perpetrators if it has to come clean. It is obviously not seen to be doing that.

I think it is a grave embarrassing indictment. Nothing to be happy about!

We took actions against JuD as courtesy and LeT doesn't stand for Pakistani establishment.
Your government is singing the same old song over and over again and its really embarassing. Military intimidation failed to deliver, diplomatic pressure is failing, now you're trying to block trade "knowing that it won't hurt India" so again bring it on...I don't understand why you're just bluffing! It won't change a thing for us!

You have no clue what I'm talking about. Indian diplomacy may not have succeded in getting Pakistan to extradite the suspects, but that speaks more about Pakistan's own state of confusion than Indian diplomatic prowess.

I really don't know which world you guys are living in, but unless you believe in escapist myths like "jewish and hindu dominated anti-Islamic media", the verdict on Pakistan's actions and reactions to the Mumbai terror attacks is quite unequivocal.

INDIAN DIPLOMATIC PROWESS????? :woot: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The US Ambassador in India is not buying your story about Mumbai Mow Down. Western leaders are visiting your country and are telling you to 'get a life' and 'move on' from harping your yak yak yakety yak against Pakistan and your are talking about INDIAN DIPLOMATIC PROWESS????? :disagree:

WHEN IS THIS CHIDAMBARAM GUY GOING TO USA??????? Damn seems even the US is not not interested in paying any attention to Indian Yakety YAK YAK!!

We took actions against JuD as courtesy and LeT doesn't stand for Pakistani establishment.
Your government is singing the same old song over and over again and its really embarassing. Military intimidation failed to deliver, diplomatic pressure is failing, now you're trying to block trade "knowing that it won't hurt India" so again bring it on...I don't understand why you're just bluffing! It won't change a thing for us!

Again, I don't understand why you guys don't see it as a problem that Pakistani terrorists, trained, motivated, supplied from your country carried out this massacre, that there are still terror organizations recruiting young men with nothing better to do than kill innocents and getting killed in the bargain for some imaginary goodies in the afterlife, that even if there has been no official involvement or it has not been proved yet, everyone is saying that Pakistani elements did it and Pakistan needs to take action against them.

Is just the fact that people are not blaming the Pakistani establishment reason enough to be happy in the face of all this! I for one would not think so. At least it does give a lie to the claims that Pakistan has now come clean of the bad old days of terror being a state policy. It seems to prove that Pakistan will only take action when pushed to the wall. Not a happy situation for a real moderate Pakistani, I guess.

LeT behind Mumbai carnage: Britain
13 Jan 2009, 1440 hrs IST, IANS

NEW DELHI: Britain on Tuesday asked Pakistan to take on Laskhar-e-Taiba, the architects of the Mumbai terror attacks, “frontally and
politically” even as India again reminded Islamabad to bring the perpetrators of the terror attacks to justice and honour its anti-terror pledge
. ( Watch )

“It's clear where the responsibility for the attack lies. Pakistan has a fundamental responsibility to tackle the roots of this problem,” Britain's foreign secretary David Milliband told reporters after talks with external affairs minister Pranab Mukherjee.

“The responsibility of the Pakistan side is something we expect them to fulfill. Those who have been arrested must be brought to justice and, if found guilty, need to be punished,” Milliband replied at a joint press conference when asked about what action Pakistan needs to take in the aftermath of the Mumbai carnage for which India has blamed Pakistan-based elements.

“They need to be taken on politically in a frontal and clear manner,” Milliband, who began his four-day visit to India on Tuesday, said when asked about media reports indicating that the banned outfit Jamaat-ud-Dawa, a public front for LeT, has regrouped under a new banner.

Nearly a month ago, when British Prime Minister Gordon Brown visited India to express solidarity, he had named the LeT as the perpetrator of the coordinated assaults on Mumbai.

Milliband, however, ruled out the involvement of the Pakistani state in the Mumbai attacks. “I do not believe the attacks were directed by the Pakistani state,” Milliband replied when asked to comment on India's contention that official agencies of Pakistan were complicit in the Mumbai atrocity.

"It is important to say that. What is also important is the response of the Pakistani government to the LeT," he said while underlining that Pakistan needs to adopt "a multi-pronged approach" to tackle LeT and terrorism. "It is clear that the Pakistani apparatus have the fundamental responsibility to tackle the roots of this organization and to develop new strategies for doing so," Milliband stressed.

Asked about Pakistan's rejection of India's demand for handing over the Mumbai suspects to face Indian justice, Mukherjee replied: “Pakistan is obliged to implement all international commitments and resolutions against terrorism. Pakistan as a member of SAARC (South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation) is required to implement the SAARC convention on terrorism.”

“I do hope that they act on materials and evidence we have given to them and bring the perpetrators to justice,” Mukherjee said.

"I do hope some of the fugitives will be handed over to India," he added.
LeT behind Mumbai carnage: Britain-India-The Times of India

Back
Top Bottom