What's new

India Mars launch stokes Asian space race with China

I don't think Americans and Russians share everything with the Chinese. So its understandable that they need to discover things for themselves. It look like the Indian mars trip is to test the instruments and deep space capability only. This is just a test trip, not a real trip with real scientific purpose.

You still didn't answer how manned space mission giving benefits to Chinese people. :lol: I believe most of us already know things about manned space mission. :wacko:

You should ask them. But here in America, we benefit a lot from space research. I think they are trying to setup the same labs as well for research that need to be done on space.

India, on the other hand, only focus on competing with China as its obsessed with China.

India is not a fool country who always focus on fascinating other over the utility. Bringing down launching cost to 10 to 20% of the current cost is on the top of the agenda of ISRO. We are working on reusable launch vehicle technology. We are neither obsessed or not in the competition with any country which has fascinism over usefulness on top of their agenda. We do not want to compete with China. We have launch 10 satellite in one launch a long ago which china has yet to do. We are far ahead of them in satellite imaginary. So keep your half knowledge with you as you will not be able to impress any Indian member with your obsessed thinking.

So the purpose of the trip is to test India's deep space traveling capability. If it carry a sputnik to mars, it would still be a successful mission. Any study on Mars will be the cherry on the top.

So what is India's plan for this mission besides to beat China on an important check mark?

I also think like that this mission goes well beyond practical applications. It’s about basic science research and planetary exploration, as well as race to space with China...

But ISRO and nation has a solid answer for these doubts...ISRO website welcomes with this quote “We do not have the fantasy of competing with the economically advanced nations in the exploration of the moon or the planets or manned space-flight. But we are convinced that if we are to play a meaningful role nationally, and in the comity of nations, we must be second to none in the application of advanced technologies to the real problems of man and society

This is dumb. China is at least a couple of decades ahead of India in launch technology and experience. India is making progress, but hardly a competitor. With that said, China has a long way to go to be a global leader. Our tech is still way behind the US. I hope China will be a global competitor soon with the CZ 5 rockets.

Yinghuo-1, China's first spacecraft to explore Mars was a failure..... ( launched from Baikonur Cosmodrome, Kazakhstan, on 8 November 2011)...

If China decades ahead of India
1. Why it failed?????
2.Why they use Zenit-2M (Ukrainian)rocket as lauching vehicle????
3.Why they use Baikonur Cosmodrome, Kazakhstan space launching facility???
4.Why they want help from Russia??? ( Chinese Yinghuo probe and Russian Fobos-Grunt probe used in that mission... Both are failed)...

On 26 March 2007, the director of the China National Space Administration, Sun Laiyan, and the head of the Russian Space Agency, Anatoly Perminov, signed a landmark space co-operation accord, entitled the "Cooperative Agreement between the China National Space Administration and the Russian Space Agency on joint Chinese-Russian exploration of Mars". One stipulation of the agreement was the construction and launch of the Yinghuo probe and Russian counterpart Fobos-Grunt...

The probe doesn't weight 15 kgs it weighs 1350 Kgs.Payload (instruments) mass is 15 Kgs.

RcZT8Nf.jpg

The Indian Space Research Organization’s Mars Orbiter Mission (“Mangalyaan”) is a technology demonstration. The 2,980-pound (1,350 kilograms) probe will take a 300-day cruise to Mars and then circle the planet, testing equipment and practicing space maneuvers. Scientific objectives are secondary.

After launch, the probe is placed in a highly elliptical orbit around Earth. Further rocket firings modify the probe’s path into a departure trajectory.

The cruise to Mars lasts 300 days. Arriving at Mars, the probe fires its rocket again to slow down and be captured into orbit.

India’s Mars probe is expected to spend six to ten months in orbit, studying the Red Planet’s environment, snapping photos of its surface and searching for methane in the atmosphere, which might be an indicator of life.

How India's First Mars Mission Works (Infographic) | Space.com

Mission Objectives

One of the main objectives of the first Indian mission to Mars is to develop the technologies required for design, planning, management and operations of an interplanetary mission.

Following are the major objectives of the mission:

A. Technological Objectives:
Design and realisation of a Mars orbiter with a capability to survive and perform Earth bound manoeuvres, cruise phase of 300 days, Mars orbit insertion / capture, and on-orbit phase around Mars.
Deep space communication, navigation, mission planning and management.
Incorporate autonomous features to handle contingency situations.
B. Scientific Objectives:
Exploration of Mars surface features, morphology, mineralogy and Martian atmosphere by indigenous scientific instruments.

Payloads

Yinghuo 1 - SPACEFLIGHT101
The Chinese Yinghuo-1 piggybacking the Russian Phobos-Grunt Spacecraft had a mass of 113 Kg.

The Satellite weighs 113kg and has stowed dimensions of 750mm x 750mm x 650mm. Power will be generated by three-section solar arrays that will span 6.85m when deployed. 90W of power will be generated with peaks to 180W. Communications will be in S-Band with a bandwidth of 8 bits per second or 16kbps. The satellite operates at frequencies of 8.4 and 7.17GHz. In addition to the 950mm-diameter High Gain Antenna, a Low Gain Antenna Assembly will provide up/downlink of 80 bits per second for unpointed communication windows. On Earth, Russian and ESA Network Stations will be used to communicate with the orbiter. The Spacecraft is three axis stabilized.The payload includes a camera, plasma detector, and magnetometer.The mission is China’s first of this kind and is considered a test flight.

Mission Objectives

Investigate the Martian Plasma Environment and the Magnetic Field of Mars
Study Martian Ion Escape Processes and determine possible mechanisms
Measure Ionosphere Occulatation between Yinghuo-1 and Phobos-Grunt focused on sub-solar and midnight regions
Observe and measure Martian Dust and Sand Storms

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

You have to realise yinghuo 1 itself is already an instrument payload. So its 115kg vs 15kg :lol:

Another typical ploy by Indian to act smart.
:lol::lol::lol:

oq8Ounp.png

I bet you don't need that much fuel when you are piggybacking someone's craft.

Na its putting 1350kg v/s 113 Kgs into Mars orbit :lol:

PS - Apparently pdf Chinese consider Dry mass of satellite,mass of fuel as payload :rofl:

:lol::lol::lol:

oq8Ounp.png

I bet you don't need that much fuel when you are piggybacking someone's craft.

Na its putting 1350kg v/s 113 Kgs into Mars orbit :lol:

PS - Apparently pdf Chinese consider Dry mass of satellite,mass of fuel as payload :rofl:

Becos Chinese yinghuo carry decent instrument equipment and India one with 15kg can carry what load of useful equipment? I repeat again. It's lost crappy 15kg vs 115kg. :lol: where did you get the idea 115kg equal more fuel? :lol: typical Indian twisting.

Can't beat facts and come in with insult? How about India military professionalism where submarine will blow up by itself? :lol:
The whole world know what is India standard. :lol: :lol:

You are mistaken here.
The primary objectives and secondary objectives here are just for this one Indian mission. Other space agencies' missions to mars' primary objectives were actually scientific study after they master the deep space flight, communication, navigation and etc.

Personally I don't believe in responding an idiotic comment with another idiotic comment is the best way to fight idiocy.

No I am clear on what I've said and it was you who all along complain about other members who "put-down" the indian missions and accused me of twisting your words. But you have made a comparision of significance between the indian mission vs other missions, thereby praising the indian's while putting down the other ( which implied / included China's) as less significant.

Let the world see who is idiotic here!

The World Known Chinese Quality :omghaha::omghaha:

why are you burning? problem with your health?

How is China's manned mission helping the Chinese people. :wacko:

in our country we will not single out any country as our target for our mission openly, defiantly, publicly!

We challenge the space, we challenge nature, we challenge our previous missions and our target is to make the next mission better than the previous one!

We wont have someone, low or high profile figures coming out saying we want to kill China this or to beat China that or to score victory over just one or two matches against a high-seeded Chinese player in the early rounds of a badminton tournament so as to jump start the psyche or jubilation of a nation of 1.2 billion people. What childish acts are these of the cheerleaders!

in our country we will not single out any country as our target for our mission openly, defiantly, publicly!

We challenge the space, we challenge nature, we challenge our previous missions and our target is to make the next mission better than the previous one!

We wont have someone, low or high profile figures coming out saying we want to kill China this or to beat China that or to score victory over just one or two matches against a high-seeded Chinese player in the early rounds of a badminton tournament so as to jump start the psyche or jubilation of a nation of 1.2 billion people. What childish acts are these of the cheerleaders!

No- most of you are just petulant, childish and spoilt brats. You ALWAYS single out EVERY country openly, defiantly and publicly like some spoilt little kid whose candy has been taken away from them.

^^^^^ Hahahahahahahahah. I dont know what is the point Chinese are trying to make here. We have our own requirements and objectives to be met so we have designed a space craft like wise. I do not understand whats superior and inferior.
This is just a tech demonstrator, the real deal will come later if this mission goes smoothly.

Back
Top Bottom