What's new

India likely to see over 5% power shortage in current financial year

sree45

Reaction score
Country
India
NEW DELHI: India is projected to see a power shortage of 5.1 per cent compared to demand in the current financial year with southern and north-eastern regions anticipated to witness high deficits.

"A capacity addition of 17,800 MW during the year 2014-15 comprising 14,958 MW of thermal, 842 MW of hydro and 2,000 MW of nuclear power stations has been considered," according to the latest annual Load Generation Balance Report of Central Electrici ..

Read more at:
India likely to see over 5% power shortage in current financial year - The Economic Times

Well, There is an acute power crisis in north India. I am wondering what happened to that stack of nuke deals we did with different countries.

Also, what happened to the nuke plant in Jaitapur?

I heard that we will be getting our thorium light water reactors critical this year end. If it can meet targets then we will be able to overcome all our power issues.

Well, There is an acute power crisis in north India. I am wondering what happened to that stack of nuke deals we did with different countries.

Lol wut ?
FYI, north India has power surplus which is why we are exporting electricity to Pakistan.

Lol wut ?
FYI, north India has power surplus which is why we are exporting electricity to Pakistan.

I am referring to the power crisis in UP, Delhi, Haryana and Punjab. Only Himachal, J&K and Uttarakhand are power-surplus.

It is pathetic decision of Indian government to export power to Pakistan when it should be used internally in the states mentioned above.

What were the figures of the past FY`s?

2013-14 was 4.5% peak shortfall.

energy.jpg

energy1.jpg

But, there is still a long way to go. This is 'demand'. Rural electrification will lead to increase in demand and increase in peak load demand.

Back
Top Bottom