What's new

'India is a rising and responsible global power'- Obama

brahmastra

Reaction score

Washington, Jun 4 (PTI) Asserting that India is a rising and responsible global power, US President Barack Obama today said he firmly believed the relationship between the two counties will be a defining partnership in the 21st century.

"The United States values our partnership not because of where India is on a map but because of what we share and where we can go together.

India is indispensable to the future that we seek, a future of security and prosperity for all nations," Obama said in his address to the reception hosted by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, in honour of the External Affairs Minister, S M Krishna.

"That's why a third of my Cabinet has already visited India. That is why officials from across my administration are a part of this strategic dialogue.

fullstory

Buy my F-16's or F-18's.....
Put urself, where I can make u on my moves.....

I do not know how many years we will take to understand it is practice in USA to say good words to guest and to host. What comes out matters.

How the India US relationship will be moulded in the future cannot be predicted till the end game in Afganistan is played out. However similar might be the outlook of India and US in to the future, it is a fact that the relationship is currently being stymied by the US compulsions in managing Afganistan. That is why, it is best for India to wait and watch how things unfold while making the necessary noises of confidence in the India US relationship in the interim.

India did not get where it is by the backing of US and will achieve its destiny any which way and with any which friends (not taking away from the fact that US support will make the path several times more easier for India).

So while the medium term relationship can at best be described as mellow as it is contingent to several other factors, but the long term / permanency of the bonhomie will be clear after the end game in Afganistan is played out + basis the fate of India's bid of seeking its well deserved permament seat in the security council and US role in it.

So Mr. Obama, where it that permanent UN security council seat with veto power?

Well, I am a post graduate. And our Nobel peace prize winner has now realised I have done matriculation.

@afriend: sorry to steal your post and stretch it further. :D

NAH..international diplomacy is much more complicated..in near future you will see india getting nuclear reactors and their fuel from america and getting oil and natural gas from Iran...

why the f should we care is US thinks we are any kind of power? tomorrow some guy will say that India is a violent country and everyone will say US is satan. So quit this guys, get a life. If you want a pat on the back , do good work and get it from your boss or mummy

NAH..international diplomacy is much more complicated..in near future you will see india getting nuclear reactors and their fuel from america and getting oil and natural gas from Iran...
India should know its limitations. India has nothing to offer US. India is just not a player in any international politics.

And India just pissed off the US by opposing sanction on Iran. You expect US now to provide nuclear technology to India ?

Not to mention Iran is losing patience with India on the Iran-Pakistan-India oil/gas line.

India should know its limitations. India has nothing to offer US. India is just not a player in any international politics.
Yea, ok. The world does not agree with your opinion from a tiny little country.

And India just pissed off the US by opposing sanction on Iran. You expect US now to provide nuclear technology to India ?
India been pissing off USA since the 1960's. Yet they still come to us and make military pact's with us. Incase your ability to overview the entire sphere is as broad as your 50 mile Island. then i will not blame you for your immature post.

Not to mention Iran is losing patience with India on the Iran-Pakistan-India oil/gas line.
Yes, Patience are running out but there are other options India is looking into through under water sea pipeline before pakistani's can use it as political leverage. Only Pakistanis are more in a hurry. Iran-India relations have up's an down's, but we bounce right back to our policies to restart them again. Do you even have any idea how Indian-Iranian relations been last 10 years, let alone the past 40 years since you seem to be very immature in your post.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom